No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, the Steelers didn't get to resign Bell.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
      Also, the Steelers didn't get to resign Bell.
      No surprise there. Run him into the ground and wish him well in his future endeavors.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

No surprise there. Run him into the ground and wish him well in his future endeavors.
        If Rapoport is to believed (lol, I know) Pittsburgh offered him something in the neighborhood of 5 years, 70 million, with 30 mil in the first 2 years. He turned it down.
        sigpic

Comment

If Rapoport is to believed (lol, I know) Pittsburgh offered him something in the neighborhood of 5 years, 70 million, with 30 mil in the first 2 years. He turned it down.
          If true, that's an insane offer by Pitt and makes me wonder just how far off the reservation they have gone. Regardless, I'm glad a contract wasn't worked out and for the sake of the organization I hope he's gone after this season.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

If true, that's an insane offer by Pitt and makes me wonder just how far off the reservation they have gone. Regardless, I'm glad a contract wasn't worked out and for the sake of the organization I hope he's gone after this season.
            I will be interested in seeing what he eventually signs for, in comparison to other RBs like Zeke, D.Johnson, Gurley, etc.
            ​​​​​​
            sigpic

Comment

I will be interested in seeing what he eventually signs for, in comparison to other RBs like Zeke, D.Johnson, Gurley, etc.
              ​​​​​​
              All three of those guys are better than him imo. Faster and more physical.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

All three of those guys are better than him imo. Faster and more physical.
                And fewer touches. And only Zeke has a suspension history.

On the subject of RBs, I hope Barkley blows it up. He's so much fun to watch.
                Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-17-2018, 12:15 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

And fewer touches. And only Zeke has a suspension history.

On the subject of RBs, I hope Barkley blows it up. He's so much fun to watch.
                  Me too. I hope he and Guice (gotta pull for my LSU guy) crush it next season.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm also psyched for college ball. I want to see some more crazy stuff happen this year. That Iowa/ OSU beating was quite the treat last year. As were the other upsets. Georgia was fun, in that old school way. I want to watch Bama get punked by a Mississippi school. Then have them lose the Iron Bowl again, as Auburn is usually good for some dumb fun every year.

As far as the pros go, Pittsburgh will intrigue me as usual. I want to see what Kamara can do as the feature back, if Pat Mahomes is legit, and if Roquan Smith is the next great Bears LB. But it all has this dark, Boston-shaped cloud hanging over it. Please Patriots, go away already. It least Alabama has its occasional bouts with vulnerability.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm also psyched for college ball. I want to see some more crazy stuff happen this year. That Iowa/ OSU beating was quite the treat last year. As were the other upsets. Georgia was fun, in that old school way. I want to watch Bama get punked by a Mississippi school. Then have them lose the Iron Bowl again, as Auburn is usually good for some dumb fun every year.

As far as the pros go, Pittsburgh will intrigue me as usual. I want to see what Kamara can do as the feature back, if Pat Mahomes is legit, and if Roquan Smith is the next great Bears LB. But it all has this dark, Boston-shaped cloud hanging over it. Please Patriots, go away already. It least Alabama has its occasional bouts with vulnerability.
                      Didn't Iowa St have a shocker or two last year?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Didn't Iowa St have a shocker or two last year?
                        Yeah, they were pretty good. There was some kind of story there. I think the QB was an LB that had to do emergency double duty and was playing really well, or something like that.
                        Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-18-2018, 01:42 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I just hope Tennessee wins more than four games and Bama doesn't win the NC. Is that so much to ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            I just hope Tennessee wins more than four games and Bama doesn't win the NC. Is that so much to ask?
                            Yes.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Darelle Revis retires.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                                Hell of a CB that very suddenly fell off a cliff. He's likely in the HOF.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X