No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a reminder that Jurrell Casey was the only interior DL in the league who was top five in both QB pressures and run stops.

And he's going to keep protesting the anthem. Like a boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Hell of a CB that very suddenly fell off a cliff. He's likely in the HOF.
      Seems like between injjury and Rex leaving, things just fell apart.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Aaron Donald not signed but you pay Brandin Cooks $81 mil??? Hmmm.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Can it be football season already? Also, is it "already" or "all ready"? I have the same question about "awhile" and "a while", since I feel like sharing.

Predictions as they occur to me:

Jax wins the AFC south. I realize certain people are calling for the Jags demise (Daniel), but I think their absolute basement is 8-8 and expect them to win the division. They may not make the AFC Championship game, but the arrow is definitely pointing up. All hail Tom Coughlin.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Can it be football season already? Also, is it "already" or "all ready"? I have the same question about "awhile" and "a while", since I feel like sharing.

Predictions as they occur to me:

Jax wins the AFC south. I realize certain people are calling for the Jags demise (Daniel), but I think their absolute basement is 8-8 and expect them to win the division. They may not make the AFC Championship game, but the arrow is definitely pointing up. All hail Tom Coughlin.
            You should already know and be all ready to tell the difference between the two.

Yeah, wonder if the Rams are preparing to let Donald walk. That doesn't seem smart.

Predictions:

AFC:
            Division winners: Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chiefs.
            Wildcard: Jags, Titans. I wanted to throw the Chargers in there as they are very good on paper, but something awful always befalls them. I predict an asteroid to hit the stadium week one. AFCS will be very tight. I just can't trust the Raiders. Gruden has been out of the game for awhile now.

NFC:
            Division winners: Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Rams
            Wildcard: Packers, Falcons. Lions and Bears could be interesting, too. That whole division will be one to watch. Niners aren't ready yet. Jimmy G is good but that team isn't the greatest. Dallas has no receivers and Dak will get more blame than he deserves. Barkley will be fun, but the Giants are a project. Skins will be competitive but just miss out on the postseason. Carolina will be in the mix as well, could definitely beat out Atlanta. Overall, a very competitive NFC.

Super Bowl: Saints over Chiefs.
            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-19-2018, 07:46 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

You should already know and be all ready to tell the difference between the two.

Yeah, wonder if the Rams are preparing to let Donald walk. That doesn't seem smart.

Predictions:

AFC:
              Wildcard: Jags, Titans. I wanted to throw the Chargers in there as they are very good on paper, but something awful always befalls them. I predict an asteroid to hit the stadium week one. AFCS will be very tight. I just can't trust the Raiders. Gruden has been out of the game for awhile now.

NFC:
              Wildcard: Packers, Falcons. Lions and Bears could be interesting, too. That whole division will be one to watch. Niners aren't ready yet. Jimmy G is good but that team isn't the greatest. Dallas has no receivers and Dak will get more blame than he deserves. Barkley will be fun, but the Giants are a project. Skins will be competitive but just miss out on the postseason. Carolina will be in the mix as well, could definitely beat out Atlanta. Overall, a very competitive NFC.

Super Bowl: Let's get dumb: Chiefs over Vikings.
              You know the Chiefs are going to be starting Mahomes, right? I also expect the Rams to fall off, but that division sucks so they'll possibly still win it. Much like the Rams, I think the Iggles were a flash in the pan and Dallas takes the division.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

You know the Chiefs are going to be starting Mahomes, right? I also expect the Rams to fall off, but that division sucks so they'll possibly still win it. Much like the Rams, I think the Iggles were a flash in the pan and Dallas takes the division.
                I'm on team Mahomes. I also like Hunt, Hill, and Kelce is good (though kind of a D-bag). Eric Berry is coming back, and that's huge. Eagles will be make a deep run again. Wentz is legit, and the team is solid overall. The Saints though, damn. Their defense got better last year, and Kamara is going to be a nightmare, especially with the other pieces there.

Yeah I had the Vikes there first. I forgot the Saints existed for a split second.
                Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-19-2018, 08:30 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm on team Mahomes. I also like Hunt, Hill, and Kelce is good (though kind of a D-bag). Eric Berry is coming back, and that's huge. Eagles will be make a deep run again. Wentz is legit, and the team is solid overall. The Saints though, damn. Their defense got better last year, and Kamara is going to be a nightmare, especially with the other pieces there.

Yeah I had the Vikes there first. I forgot the Saints existed for a split second.
                  Some of the big questions for me this season are will Sark crap the bed in Atl again? How bad can the Bills be? Can anybody stop the Vikes with a real QB? Will anybody show up to watch the Chargers?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Some of the big questions for me this season are will Sark crap the bed in Atl again? How bad can the Bills be? Can anybody stop the Vikes with a real QB? Will anybody show up to watch the Chargers?
                    Probably, pretty bad, yes but it will be difficult with Cook coming back, and nope.

It was dumb to move the Chargers there. It was probably dumb to move the Rams there, too. L.A. needs a juggernaut for something like football to be worth it. The Rams and Chargers aren't that. Plus, isn't L.A. supposed to be Raiders territory? And yet they are going to Vegas.
                    sigpic

Comment

Probably, pretty bad, yes but it will be difficult with Cook coming back, and nope.

It was dumb to move the Chargers there. It was probably dumb to move the Rams there, too. L.A. needs a juggernaut for something like football to be worth it. The Rams and Chargers aren't that. Plus, isn't L.A. supposed to be Raiders territory? And yet they are going to Vegas.
                      Football doesn't belong in LA, but at least the Rams have history there. The Chargers? That was nothing but a money grab, and a dumb one at that.

Oh, I'm also wondering who will be the first HC to get fired next year?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• College prediction:

Wiscy will have the best pair of guards in the nation. BB is getting all the pub, but Dieter is damn good. Might even like him better.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm intrigued by two Kentucky players, LB Josh Allen and whoever their TE is that got injured last year.

Also, could this be both the best DT in recent memory as well as the worst RB class?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I usually take a wait and see approach with next year's class. We have a whole season to get through first. There have been a lot of strong DL coming out lately though.

Kentucky always seems to have one or two interesting prospects. The question isn't wether or not Wisconsin will have good lineman, but how many TDs those lineman will score against Illinois.
                            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-20-2018, 06:57 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Predictions:

AFC:

NFC:

Super Bowl: Saints over Chiefs.
                              I actually don't think the AFCS will send anyone to the wildcard spot. Whoever wins the division will probably just be a nose ahead of the others, but they'll probably beat each other enough to keep everyone down. I haven't looked at schedules for everyone, but I'd say the AFCW has a good shot of sending a wildcard team. Chargers and Chiefs both look like playoff teams IMO.

Comment

• Also the NFL just suspended the anthem rule. I can watch football again!

Comment

Working...
                                X