2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

And now we have this year's second story involving an Ohio State coach claiming not to have known about abuse perpetrated by another coach he worked with.
    Who was the first?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Who was the first?
      Schiano. Has the news cycle been so insane that the crazy Tennessee head coaching debacle has been forgotten?

Comment

Schiano. Has the news cycle been so insane that the crazy Tennessee head coaching debacle has been forgotten?
        It hasn't been, but I feel that tying Schiano to Paterno was simply a way to get rid of Schiano and not legitimate outrage. A more legitimate reason to not want Schiano is that he probably wasn't the guy to rebuild Tennessee and was kind of a good ol' boy hire. At this point, the old awful PSU loose ends are probably tied. You don't even hear the old 409ers grump about anything anymore.
        sigpic

Comment

It hasn't been, but I feel that tying Schiano to Paterno was simply a way to get rid of Schiano and not legitimate outrage. A more legitimate reason to not want Schiano is that he probably wasn't the guy to rebuild Tennessee and was kind of a good ol' boy hire. At this point, the old awful PSU loose ends are probably tied. You don't even hear the old 409ers grump about anything anymore.
          Believe me, there was a lot of actual outrage over the Sandusky thing. Schiano from a coaching hire, I thought was reasonable. Tennessee isn't a super desirable job.

But yes, most of that was that Tennessee fans are crazy and unrealistic.

Comment

Believe me, there was a lot of actual outrage over the Sandusky thing. Schiano from a coaching hire, I thought was reasonable. Tennessee isn't a super desirable job.

But yes, most of that was that Tennessee fans are crazy and unrealistic.
            Not anymore. Been a lot of drama with no results.
            sigpic

Comment

Who was the first?
              tOSU apparently had a doctor that was abusing male patients from 1979 through '97. Close to the wrestling team. Committed suicide in 2005. So guys like Russ Helickson and Rep. Jim Jordan are catching flak.

Running joke was that no matter what ailment you had the guy would check your junk.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Holy ****, Urban Meyer is placed on leave while OSU looks into wether or not he knew of his old assistant's domestic abuse.
                Urban is and has always been a slimy tool. I've never cared for OSU, but at least I respected the Sweater Vest. Screw those guys.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

RB. I think they want him to establish himself there first before moving him around like they do with Bell.
                  He' so much better as a RB/H-back hybrid type. Leave it to Tomlin to not maximize his players. Glad he's doing well, though. He's a really fun player and I wish him much success despite playing for the Steelers.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

He' so much better as a RB/H-back hybrid type. Leave it to Tomlin to not maximize his players. Glad he's doing well, though. He's a really fun player and I wish him much success despite playing for the Steelers.
                    Probably not wanting to put too much on his plate at once. Let him get his bearings before moving him around like Bell.
                    sigpic

Comment

Probably not wanting to put too much on his plate at once. Let him get his bearings before moving him around like Bell.
                      I meant FB/H-back, not RB. My bad. I don't think he belongs there at all and Tomlin is doing the brilliant square peg-round hole maneuver, like the Rams trying to make Tavon Austin a traditional WR instead of a gadget player. Still would like to see it work out for the kid, though.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Apparently Mahomes is throwing lots and lots of interceptions in training camp.

And if the Titans don't try to grab Jordan Matthews, they're crazy. Especially with Rishard Matthews missing so much training camp. They could use another receiver on the roster who's not entering his second season.
                        Last edited by Daniel; 08-02-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Apparently Mahomes is throwing lots and lots of interceptions in training camp.

And if the Titans don't try to grab Jordan Matthews, they're crazy. Especially with Rishard Matthews missing so much training camp. They could use another receiver on the roster who's not entering his second season.
                          KC is going to suck this year with Mahomes at QB.

I think NE may have put Mtthews on the injured list even though it was initially reported that he was cut.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• NFL Preseason kicks off tonight!
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I meant FB/H-back, not RB. My bad. I don't think he belongs there at all and Tomlin is doing the brilliant square peg-round hole maneuver, like the Rams trying to make Tavon Austin a traditional WR instead of a gadget player. Still would like to see it work out for the kid, though.
                              I was wondering if he'd be a threat to Rosie Nix at FB. Nix is a good blocker and great special teams player, but if Samuels can do that as well as run and catch, Nix wouldn't have a spot.

Mike Hilton is getting some looks at FS. That could mean one of two things: either they aren't sure of Davis in that role, or they are very sure of Cam Sutton at CB. Hilton is small but an extremely solid player.

Ruldoph hasn't had a good first week of camp but I guess we will see how he improves. Could just be trying to force the issue and do too much. Edmunds is looking good, filling in for Burnett who has some sort of injury. Hopefully nothing nagging. ILBs have been getting rotated around. VW has his spot at Buck, but they have been rotating Bostic, Matekevich, and UDFA Darnell Leslie in the mack role. Colbert already discussed the possibility of adding to the position through camp cuts and trades so that gives you an idea of how bad things are there. Should have let clubbin' rappin' Bell walk and spent that money on an ILB, especially with a deep RB draft class, but here we are.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if he'd be a threat to Rosie Nix at FB. Nix is a good blocker and great special teams player, but if Samuels can do that as well as run and catch, Nix wouldn't have a spot.

Mike Hilton is getting some looks at FS. That could mean one of two things: either they aren't sure of Davis in that role, or they are very sure of Cam Sutton at CB. Hilton is small but an extremely solid player.

Ruldoph hasn't had a good first week of camp but I guess we will see how he improves. Could just be trying to force the issue and do too much. Edmunds is looking good, filling in for Burnett who has some sort of injury. Hopefully nothing nagging. ILBs have been getting rotated around. VW has his spot at Buck, but they have been rotating Bostic, Matekevich, and UDFA Darnell Leslie in the mack role. Colbert already discussed the possibility of adding to the position through camp cuts and trades so that gives you an idea of how bad things are there. Should have let clubbin' rappin' Bell walk and spent that money on an ILB, especially with a deep RB draft class, but here we are.
                                He's one of the three corners from that class that I'm really looking forward to seeing next season now that they're back from injury. The others are Gareon Conley and Sidney Jones.

I thought all three were among the top prospects in the class pre-injury, so it'll be nice to see how they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X