2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

This is the same league that said and still says "nuh uh" when talking about the link between blows to the head and brain trauma. I have little doubt that they would sacrifice proper player safety solutions for a business deal. The NFL doesn't do obvious solutions and is currently run by an incompetent moron. But, money.

Bell has to use that time to practice Smash Bros, you.know! If this football thing doesn't work out he could always sign up for EVO.

So he literally is becoming broken Matt Hardy. Wrestling is hard on the body, man.
    ​​​​​​
    Another thing I would do, probably the first rule I would have enacted after the no targeting/head shots rule, is that players must have their mouth pieces in. It's not just for protecting teeth and stopping broken jaws.

One thing we know Bell can't do to make money is rap. Yeesh.

First it was Edge, then Christian, and now Matt. How crazy is it that Jeff might be the one to last the longest? Also, who would have thought that Matt doing those leg drops from the top rope could possibly have a negative effect on his hips and low back?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Another thing I would do, probably the first rule I would have enacted after the no targeting/head shots rule, is that players must have their mouth pieces in. It's not just for protecting teeth and stopping broken jaws.

First it was Edge, then Christian, and now Matt. How crazy is it that Jeff might be the one to last the longest? Also, who would have thought that Matt doing those leg drops from the top rope could possibly have a negative effect on his hips and low back?
      Jeff is probably chemically preserved at this point. Like Keith Richards and Ozzy Osbourne.
      sigpic

Comment

• Giants have reportedly offered OBJ almost $16 mil a year. Wayyy more than I'd be willing to invest in that fruitcake.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Tom Heckert dead at 51.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

He sounds more and more like CJ2K every day.

I get the targeting rule, but the problem that the NFL has is that pro players have been learning to do things the wrong way (for brain safety) their whole lives. Rugby is a full contact sport, and it's played without headgear, and they aren't having near the concussion problems that football does. You can tackle someone without targeting, but it has to be learned. And if the NFL doesn't put in a long term plan to gradually make tackling safer from the ground up, which includes making it easier to actually defend passes as a DB, then they're going to either be sued into oblivion, or destroy the quality of the game.

Comment

Clevetown gets a 7th for Coleman.
              Damn. That's pretty much zero.
              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Damn. That's pretty much zero.
                ~
                So, a fair trade then.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Soooo many Titans injuries.

Since training camp began (not counting guys that have come back): Rishard Matthews, Brian Orakpo, Rashaan Evans, Jonathan Cyprien, Corey Davis, Nate Palmer, Deontay Burnett, Tye Smith, Sharif Finch
                  And that's saying nothing about Jack Conklin.

Comment

• AQ Shipley tears ACL. Mason Cole expected to take over starting C duties.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• LSU RG Ed Ingram suspended from the team "indefinitely". I guarantee it was for failing his umpteenth drug test.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

LSU RG Ed Ingram suspended from the team "indefinitely". I guarantee it was for failing his umpteenth drug test.
                        So, future star at directional southern state tech A&M?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

So, future star at directional southern state tech A&M?
                          I hope he'll work his way back into the program. He's just a sophmore and has a lot of potential. But, since it sounds like he'll miss some games a transfer is possible. The big thing that needs to happen is two of our O-line recruits who, for some reason, decided they wanted to switch to d-line have to be convinced to go back to their natural O-line positions.
                          Last edited by Castiron; 08-07-2018, 08:31 AM.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Wonder if the Browns moving Corey Coleman makes roster space for Dez?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Antonio Callaway, a Browns rookie receiver from Florida got cited for pot possession and driving on a suspended license. Given the clean histories of Florida players and Browns receivers, I'm sure everyone is stunned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                Antonio Callaway, a Browns rookie receiver from Florida got cited for pot possession and driving on a suspended license. Given the clean histories of Florida players and Browns receivers, I'm sure everyone is stunned.
                                Who could have possibly seen that coming? In other UF receiver news, one of 'em recently got pulled over with a loaded AR in their back seat. This is especially concerning because this particular young chap has a pugilistic history with some violent gambling types in the area.
                                Last edited by Castiron; 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X