2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Wow, looked at some attempts to call the new helmet to helmet rule. There was a guy on the Cardinals that made a perfect form tackle...and got flagged. Unless they back waaaay off on this rule, it's going to have a negative impact. It's just too vague. and if you give coaches the ability to review it, the game would slow down. I may be watching more college ball again next year.
    This is what happens when you let lawyers/businessmen run things.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

This is what happens when you let lawyers/businessmen run things.
      Hey now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Hey now.
        Daniel Birdman, Attorney at Laaaaaaaaaaaw.
        sigpic

Comment

• Redskins release CB Orlando Scandrick

I guess the coaches decided that Fabian Moreau and the other young guys outplayed Scandrick in camp. He had $1 million guaranteed, so that's just a $500,000 cap hit this year and next. Josh Norman and Quinton Dunbar will start on the outside, and Moreau + some rookies will handle the slot and backup roles.

P.S. Another possibility I just saw floated: Scandrick wasn't a good fit for us, and the team may kick the tires on a different vet CB.
          ~
          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 08-14-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
            Redskins release CB Orlando Scandrick

I guess the coaches decided that Fabian Moreau and the other young guys outplayed Scandrick in camp. He had $1 million guaranteed, so that's just a $500,000 cap hit this year and next. Josh Norman and Quinton Dunbar will start on the outside, and Moreau + some rookies will handle the slot and backup roles.

P.S. Another possibility I just saw floated: Scandrick wasn't a good fit for us, and the team may kick the tires on a different vet CB.
            ~
            Scandrick is known to be a dick. He spent Mo Claibornes entire stay in Dallas running the kid down, is always comparing his salary to others etc. I wouldn't want him in my locker room either, especially if I have a young team that I'm trying to build. On a successful, veteran team? Maybe.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Scandrick is washed

Also Walt has the Cowboys going 5-11. 11-5 let's go
              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I just realized that Todd Haley is likely gonna be the next HC of the Cleveland Browns. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I just realized that Todd Haley is likely gonna be the next HC of the Cleveland Browns. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
                  Interim coach you think?
                  sigpic

Comment

Interim coach you think?
                    I'm just guessing Hue gets fired in-season, and they always go with a different "type" of coach then the previous. Hue is too nice, Haley is a hardass. Add in they have a rookie QB so will still want an offensive guy and that Haley has HC experience and that Steelers pedigree and it makes too much sense to me. The argument against that, of course, is Browns.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I bet Jeff ****ing Fisher could get this Browns team to 6-10. Think about that.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Lions running a lot of joint practices. I like it.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Did Dwight Clark die and I didn't know it?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Did Dwight Clark die and I didn't know it?
                            Yep, awhile ago.

Yeah I've already seen the Hard Knocks clips of Haley arguing with Hue. Todd's not a great option either but Hue sounds a bit too lax. Seeing as how he came from Cincy where Marvin let's anything go, this isn't suprising. He'll be a good OC elsewhere though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, awhile ago.

Yeah I've already seen the Hard Knocks clips of Haley arguing with Hue. Todd's not a great option either but Hue sounds a bit too lax. Seeing as how he came from Cincy where Marvin let's anything go, this isn't suprising. He'll be a good OC elsewhere though.
                              Hey, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Hue even gets them to the playoffs this year. Who knows?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Hey, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Hue even gets them to the playoffs this year. Who knows?
                                I know the Browns need stability, but 31 straight losses! That's insane. Hue seems like a good dude with X's and Os knowledge, but it takes more than that to be a good coach.
                                ​​​
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X