No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Allen put together a nice, long scoring drive for the Bills.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Another nice drive to close the 1st half by Josh Allen.

That's my QB!
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Can anybody name me a team or three to do a 3 round preseason mock for? I'm ****ing bored, and it may generate some discussion about team needs and players to watch. Or, it'll just help me burn about 10 minutes per team. So, win-win! (note: I will decline any west team cuz **** them, and I may need to ask questions depending)
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Despite the crap he has to work with, unlike the stud 'backers Lebeau had, he managed to run a defense that set a Steelers record for sacks and finished 5th in passing yards allowed. Butler is pulling that defense out of his ass.
          I'll credit him for the pass rush, but he allows the DL to rush and sends the LBs into coverage (except for Vince). The better players rush, but it's the coverage scheme and alignment that get me. As far as being fifth in passing yards allowed, consider the fact that they played backup QBs all year and had Shazier covering all of their holes in the first half of the year, where he was having an all pro season before his injury. They have been exposed as they no longer have that mind bendingly fast player covering on D. Kinda reminded me of how Lebeau's defense fell apart when Troy left the lineup.
          sigpic

Comment

Can anybody name me a team or three to do a 3 round preseason mock for? I'm ****ing bored, and it may generate some discussion about team needs and players to watch. Or, it'll just help me burn about 10 minutes per team. So, win-win! (note: I will decline any west team cuz **** them, and I may need to ask questions depending)
            I'd say Pittsburgh, but they're a little too obvious. Like 2 LBs, then maybe TE, perhaps a speed RB to compliment Conner and Samuels as well as return kicks. Rosie Nix and Fitz Toussaint aren't kick returners, and using yout starting WRs in that role is risky. After that, depth.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I'd say Pittsburgh, but they're a little too obvious. Like 2 LBs, then maybe TE, perhaps a speed RB to compliment Conner and Samuels as well as return kicks. Rosie Nix and Fitz Toussaint aren't kick returners, and using yout starting WRs in that role is risky. After that, depth.
              They could definitely use an ILB, an OLB, and a good TE. The only potential OLB I'm vaguely interested in at this point is the Allen kid from Kentucky.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Can anybody name me a team or three to do a 3 round preseason mock for? I'm ****ing bored, and it may generate some discussion about team needs and players to watch. Or, it'll just help me burn about 10 minutes per team. So, win-win! (note: I will decline any west team cuz **** them, and I may need to ask questions depending)
                Titans will need a lot of help, and Mariota's contract will limit their re-sign ability. Brian Orakpo, Derrick Morgan, Rishard Matthews, Logan Spain, Kenny Vacarro, and Bennie Logan will all be free agents. So pass rusher will be a big need, as will interior DL, wide receiver, and interior offensive line.

Comment

They could definitely use an ILB, an OLB, and a good TE. The only potential OLB I'm vaguely interested in at this point is the Allen kid from Kentucky.
                  Ooops. And Porter Gustin. Forgot he returned for his senior year.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Dallas top 3 needs next year are probably DT, WR/TE, and CB. Of course a lot will depend on who gets re-signed/extended/cut, if we eventually land Earl Thomas or not, etc. Dead money wise, theyre finally out from under the majority of their big contracts, excluding the OL.

Im assuming DLaw gets tagged again, but hell probably hold out this time if so. Idk what happens with Lael or Zeke. Im guessing Byron and Brown both walk, hence CB listed earlier. Fortunately most of these guys are 2020 FAs. Most of their 2019 FAs are inconsequential, bar Lawrence.
                    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                      Dallas top 3 needs next year are probably DT, WR/TE, and CB. Of course a lot will depend on who gets re-signed/extended/cut, if we eventually land Earl Thomas or not, etc. Dead money wise, theyre finally out from under the majority of their big contracts, excluding the OL.

Im assuming DLaw gets tagged again, but hell probably hold out this time if so. Idk what happens with Lael or Zeke. Im guessing Byron and Brown both walk, hence CB listed earlier. Fortunately most of these guys are 2020 FAs. Most of their 2019 FAs are inconsequential, bar Lawrence.
                      Question about DT (I agree it's a big need btw), I know they don't believe in drafting 1 techs early, but does that also apply to 3 techs? Is this from McClay/Jones or Marinara?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Question about DT (I agree it's a big need btw), I know they don't believe in drafting 1 techs early, but does that also apply to 3 techs? Is this from McClay/Jones or Marinara?
                        If they suck enough to be in the mix for Oliver, Garay, Davis, or Lawrence, you have to think those guys would be higher priorities over some WR or DB. I dont think the 1-tech/3-tech designation means much to them since they play so many 3 man fronts and move guys around the line pre- and post-snap
                        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

If they suck enough to be in the mix for Oliver, Garay, Davis, or Lawrence, you have to think those guys would be higher priorities over some WR or DB. I dont think the 1-tech/3-tech designation means much to them since they play so many 3 man fronts and move guys around the line pre- and post-snap
                          I expect them to have a shot at Lawrence or Simmons, but not Wilkins/Oliver/Gary. No opinion on Davis.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Holy ****. The Lions GM is like 12. lol
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• And CJ COnrad/Noah Fant would be two guys I'd keep an eye on to pair with Schultz if Jarwin doesn't impress, though I do like Jarwin.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

We really need a left guard. Still. I guess RB should be fine, assuming Guice makes a full recovery. Both ILB and safety could be top 3 round needs, as well.I think we're OK at CB, assuming at least one of our 3 rookie backups develops.

And finally, maybe it's time to use a higher pick on a development QB. We keep trying to go cheap and end up with duds like Kevin Hogan.

P.S. Kevin Hogan went to my H.S. If I ever see him at a reunion or some such I guess I'll have to say this was a typppoe and I mean to write "stud."
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X