No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing about the Conley case is that CBS reports that the hotel room everything happened in has no evidence of rape, and appeared to be in normal shape. Charlie just tweeted that two teams think the accusation is bogus.

The whole thing stinks, though. She didn't name him to the police, but went to his room at 3 AM? You go to a dude's room at 3 AM and you don't know his name? Prostitution is the only way I expect something like that to happen.

Comment

• Based on the details of the report, I don't know what physical evidence would exist beyond DNA in her cooch. And that just proves sexual content, not consent or lack thereof.

I like Awuzie, just as a safety, not a corner. Tiny little T-rex arms FTL.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        Ravens are rumored to be interested in Takk, and that seems like the typical mediocre Ozzie 1st round pick.

ugh just pick corey davis please
        Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        So the Steelers are super into Kizer. I'm not sure how to feel about that.
        This is when the smoke is at its thickest. Good luck discerning legitimate rumors from the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

Looks like somebody has no idea what the difference is between the spread and the Air Raid.

When you wrote this, did it ever occur to you how stupid it is to claim that people can't say Air Raid QBs aren't successful in the same sentence where you admit that there are no good NFL QBs who came from an Air Raid system.
          **** out my face blue. I had to write a report on history of football strategy for UNC's athletic department and read several books/articles about strategy. I know the difference

and your reading comprehension is trash

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
            I thought Dalton entered the draft before the Air Raid made it to TCU?
            I was going off memory, but you're right. Justin Fuente was the OC for Dalton

Comment

**** out my face blue. I had to write a report on history of football strategy for UNC's athletic department and read several books/articles about strategy. I know the difference

I know more
              sigpic

Comment

• I agree. The week of the draft is the time to not believe anything. The Smoke is at its thickest!
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                  I agree. The week of the draft is the time to not believe anything. The Smoke is at its thickest!
                  Got any Jets draft smoke for us?
                  ~

Comment

If that was true, you would know that A) the elements of the Air Raid that the spread uses are tempo and forcing the defense to cover the entire field, B) those are different elements from what the Air Raid system is known for, because C) the Air Raid heavily emphasizes simple routes and pre-determined reads, in contrast to the spread which features more pro-style concepts, and D) that's one of the main reasons why Air Raid quarterbacks are generally wasted picks in the NFL draft. But I guess you could be telling the truth and just wrote a ****ty report because you don't understand little things like "nuance" or why those schemes are differentiated from each other in the first place.

Trying to move the goalposts and act like I was criticizing spread QBs in general just makes it exceptionally clear you either don't know what you're talking about or didn't bother to actually read what I wrote. Compounding your error by directly contradicting yourself doesn't exactly make you more credible. Especially when you made it very clear you understand I was referring to the Air Raid, not the spread in general.

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post

lol plenty of Air Raid QBs have been successful
                    Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post

I take it back. While there hasn't been a good QB from a strict Air Raid guy (I think Bradford's the best one), most spread offenses heavily feature air raid concepts to the point where it's misguided to say that "air raid qbs are never successful"

Blue is right

Comment

• uses are tempo and forcing the defense to cover the entire field
                      simple routes and pre-determined reads
                      wow such specific comments about spread offenses. so much nuance.

Every modern offense, NFL or in College, has Air Raid concepts in it. Triangle Reads, Mesh, Y Sail, are ALL USED EVERYWHERE. If you are knocking a player for throwing too many short passes/screens or comes from an offense that's too "Air Raid-y", then you might as well never draft a QB.

Also saying that all QBs from a specific system (which you have not only done with the Air Raid, but also with Petrino's offense for some random arbitrary reason) is approaching things with so much nuance instead of actually looking into that specific player's skill set.

Blue you are literally the least nuanced poster here. All you do is regurgitate stupid draft narratives

Comment

wow such specific comments about spread offenses. so much nuance.

Every modern offense, NFL or in College, has Air Raid concepts in it. Triangle Reads, Mesh, Y Sail, are ALL USED EVERYWHERE. If you are knocking a player for throwing too many short passes/screens or comes from an offense that's too "Air Raid-y", then you might as well never draft a QB.
                        Every offense has passing game concepts in it? HOW SHOCKING

That isn't the problem, genius. The problem is that the reverse is not true-the Air Raid doesn't feature concepts that quarterbacks need to know to be successful in the NFL. What you're saying is equivalent to saying a wing-T quarterback can be successful in the NFL because he handles the ball every play.

Blue you are literally the least nuanced poster here. All you do is regurgitate stupid draft narratives
                        Yes, that awful narrative of data, facts, and supportable information. Years of interacting with you has at least confirmed to me that North Carolina doesn't have low academic standards for just its student-athletes though, so I guess that's something to be gained from this pathetic display of football "knowledge."

Blue is right

Comment

• Boy, that ridiculous narrative that Petrino's offensive system doesn't prepare quarterbacks for the NFL sure is awful. Not like it's been true of literally every quarterback Petrino has ever coached or anything. How awful of me to draw a logical conclusion from years of relevant information.

I sh!t better thoughts than that.

Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                            I agree. The week of the draft is the time to not believe anything. The Smoke is at its thickest!
                            I'm not saying to disregard everything, but it's that time when news sites are basically generating their own rumors for click-bait while players and agents release rumors or little hints to chum the waters and get drafted as high as possible.

On other forums I visit, users will regurgitate rumors from random people you've never heard of or focus on little tweets from players or agents and then act like the sky is falling because it's someone they don't like. Forest Lamp and Corey Davis both tweeted ominously about the Ravens today, and some guy named Chad Forbes at "Draft Bites" tweeted "New Ravens OL Coach Joe D'Allesandris might quit if Ravens passed on Forrest Lamp" which seems asinine, yet fans eat it up. Just some examples.

And I know it's Pauline releasing the above rumors, but it's not like he can't be fed misinformation. My point is that you can't take it all too seriously.
                            Last edited by Terps; 04-25-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• I just can't wait until Thursday so I can stop hearing LOLBROWNS TRADING 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR GAROPPOLO LOLOLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                                I just can't wait until Thursday so I can stop hearing LOLBROWNS TRADING 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR GAROPPOLO LOLOLOL
                                God, me too. You'd think they'd at least pay attention to the market for QBs. Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb were all more proven commodities who were traded for second-round picks.

Then you have guys like Matt Flynn and Nick Foles who had better resumes but totally flopped as long-term "answers" when they got the chance. Why in the world would Cleveland mortgage their future for a guy who couldn't last two games without getting hurt, in a system that made Matt Cassel look like a Pro Bowler?

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                                X