2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to wallow in sports misery a bit more:
    Every Pro Bowl or All Pro player on the Titans offense is injured right now, along with the QB, and last year's top two receiving targets.

No 2 and 3 pass rusher are injured, the first round rookie is injured, and Adoree Jackson may be mildly injured on defense.

Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
    Hey Daniel,

Any tips for getting out of jury duty? My town court issued me a summons and I have no interest.
    If it's for a criminal matter, all you have to do is say that you have your mind made up either way. The extreme version is saying something along the lines of "He's guilty or he wouldn't be here," or on the other end "I just don't trust the government." That said, just as a warning, you will be sworn in to answer questions honestly, and lying under oath is probably a felony in your state. That said, no one ever gets prosecuted for perjury, unless you're someone that a prosecutor wants to put it jail. I have a case right now where I represent a cop in a custody case, and the other side explicitly provably lied under oath, and we can't do a damn thing about it, if that gives you an idea. But again, you would be committing a crime if you lie in answer to a question.

Now, if it's a civil case they sit you for, then there's no magic word. The best thing there is to just kind of be a dick. If you look fairly hostile to both sides, no one will want you on their jury. If you just look bored, the plaintiff won't want you, but there's a good chance the defense will want you to stick around since you'd be likely to not pay attention and therefore not give an award of damages.

Third, and this depends entirely on the judge, if you have a good excuse to not be there that day, call the clerk's office a day or two ahead of your appearance date and tell them the reason and they might just dismiss you.
    Last edited by Daniel; 09-10-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
      Just to wallow in sports misery a bit more:
      Every Pro Bowl or All Pro player on the Titans offense is injured right now, along with the QB, and last year's top two receiving targets.

No 2 and 3 pass rusher are injured, the first round rookie is injured, and Adoree Jackson may be mildly injured on defense.

If it's for a criminal matter, all you have to do is say that you have your mind made up either way. The extreme version is saying something along the lines of "He's guilty or he wouldn't be here," or on the other end "I just don't trust the government." That said, just as a warning, you will be sworn in to answer questions honestly, and lying under oath is probably a felony in your state. That said, no one ever gets prosecuted for perjury, unless you're someone that a prosecutor wants to put it jail. I have a case right now where I represent a cop in a custody case, and the other side explicitly provably lied under oath, and we can't do a damn thing about it, if that gives you an idea. But again, you would be committing a crime if you lie in answer to a question.

Now, if it's a civil case they sit you for, then there's no magic word. The best thing there is to just kind of be a dick. If you look fairly hostile to both sides, no one will want you on their jury. If you just look bored, the plaintiff won't want you, but there's a good chance the defense will want you to stick around since you'd be likely to not pay attention and therefore not give an award of damages.

Third, and this depends entirely on the judge, if you have a good excuse to not be there that day, call the clerk's office a day or two ahead of your appearance date and tell them the reason and they might just dismiss you.
      Thanks for the advice. Apparently it is County Court. I was mistaken.

Also I have a number in the 400s which my wife told me is good? Better chance of getting dismissed assuming they start from 1.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Sam Darnolds first career pass is a pick 6 lol
        Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• Holy **** that tackle!
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Darnold seems to be doing well after that pick 6. Stafford on the other hand...
            sigpic

Comment

• Lions come roaring back?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Lions getting nuked.

Matt Patricia looks like Kevin Smith.
                sigpic

Comment

• That was the most pathetic game I've seen from the Lions in years and I actually went. Ugh.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                    That was the most pathetic game I've seen from the Lions in years and I actually went. Ugh.
                    Matt Patricia is not looking any good

Comment

• Sorry kirmie.

Honestly, that game reminded me of 2009 when the Jets drafted and started Mark Sanchez, went into Houston as the underdog and kicked the snot out of them.
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Daaaaamn, Sam.

Comment

• Go Rams. **** Gruden and the Raiders.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                            Go Rams. **** Gruden and the Raiders.
                            on paper the rams are the most dangerous team in the nfl

Comment

• Damn, Lions. Way to show up.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

For a ham sandwich, I guess?
                                Hello old news! Been off the internet (also phone and TV) since yesterday morning. Thanks a lot, FIOS.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X