No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any team that's going to want to sign Garoppolo and pay him the money he wants is going to be a desperate loser team.
    Don't see why he'd draw a distinction between the Browns and anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

A linebacker who New England traded away for pennies on the dollar (and is now the highest-paid player at his position), a guard from a divisional rival who is now the highest-paid player at his position (and making as much or more than all but 4 left tackles), and Green Bay's backup center. Those are the guys you're using to refute the point that Cleveland is not a desirable place for free agents.
      So people who sign there are a sign that nobody wants to sign there. Good logic. Can't wait to read your dissertation on how people paid to do a job going somewhere to get paid to do a job refutes that people want to go get paid to do a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

So people who sign there are a sign that nobody wants to sign there. Good logic. Can't wait to read your dissertation on how people paid to do a job going somewhere to get paid to do a job refutes that people want to go get paid to do a job.
        No, the logic is that if all a team has to offer is gobs of cap space to hand out league-high contracts and signing other teams' backups to start, then it's probably a ****ty free agent destination.
        Originally posted by jepg
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

No, the logic is that if all a team has to offer is gobs of cap space to hand out league-high contracts and signing other teams' backups to start, then it's probably a ****ty free agent destination.
          We were the kings of that. Learned our lesson finally. I don't think the Browns could ever even hold a candle to the Albert H. signing. (And there were more, sob!)

~

Comment

• Cowboys fans seem to be unhappy with the Taco Charlton pick for some reason. I think he'll be a damn fine player myself.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Because nobody wants to sign with Cleveland?
              I guess I took it for granted that they would overpay him and he would just automatically accept the highest offer, but I suppose there are limits lol

Plus, as already mentioned, NE could franchise Garoppolo. I think that would be hilarious just from the standpoint that NE would, at least temporarily, have two QBs on the roster with a $22 mil cap hit. That figure alone makes me wonder how difficult it would be to franchise and trade Garoppolo with their cap situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terps View Post

I guess I took it for granted that they would overpay him and he would just automatically accept the highest offer, but I suppose there are limits lol

Plus, as already mentioned, NE could franchise Garoppolo. I think that would be hilarious just from the standpoint that NE would, at least temporarily, have two QBs on the roster with a $22 mil cap hit. That figure alone makes me wonder how difficult it would be to franchise and trade Garoppolo with their cap situation.
                Other teams will be willing to pay him as well if he's half as coveted as all the talk about him would suggest. How bad do the other options have to be for you to choose the Browns, and if you're the Browns (or any other team targeting a specific player) why run the very real risk that somebody else will swoop in and land your guy?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                  Cowboys fans seem to be unhappy with the Taco Charlton pick for some reason. I think he'll be a damn fine player myself.
                  He was remarkably unathletic at the Combine. I don't see the upside there, myself.

Blue is right

Comment

• I always thought that Taco really struggled to get off of blocks and separate from OL.

Comment

• I saw that former future 1st round pick Ryan Nassib is still a free agent. Incredible to me that he was ever viewed that highly. Little surprised Coughlin hasn't called him up.

Blue is right

Comment

He was remarkably unathletic at the Combine. I don't see the upside there, myself.
                        Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                        I always thought that Taco really struggled to get off of blocks and separate from OL.
                        I didn't understand the Taco hype either. I mean, I liked him as a late second rounder, but I felt like watching him in the Orange Bowl that it was clear he was a better pass rusher than Wormley, but it was also clear that he was significantly inferior to DeMarcus Walker. He looked like a speed rusher in college, then wasn't very fast at the combine or at his pro day. Not a good sign for the next level IMO.

Comment

• Mark Bullock on our 2nd round pick, Ryan Anderson. It will be interesting to compare his NFL career to Zach Cunningham's (I get the impression the Skins front office doesn't value the MILB position highly).
                          ~

Comment

• Chris Berman is in the running for worst day ever. 3 months after retiring, his wife died in an auto accident today, and it's his birthday.

Comment

• RIP Mrs. Berman.
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Shame it wasn't Chris. That fat fuck.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X