2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Gruden is smart. He knows that "losing all of his good players" will hide his inability to coach. Then he has "new guys who are still learning". When he is fired in 5 years and people ask him what happened, he'll offer them a dip in his Scrooge McDuck money pool.

Seriously though. There is a lot of age at important positions and I think he knows it will take a bit to build the core back. Probably wouldn't be able to keep Mack because of that and the price would really hamper them so might as well go for a full rebuild. Keeping Mack would have probably kept them more toward the middle of the draft. At least Mack didn't end up a Ram. That wouldn't have been fair to anybody else in the NFL.
    I suppose. I guess those older guys are stop gaps until he gets his guys in.

Can you imagine Donald and Mack on the same team? That would be insane.
    sigpic

Comment

• Eli Apple to the Saints for a 2019 4th and a 2020 7th. So...yeah. Don't know if Apple can turn it around or not.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I suppose. I guess those older guys are stop gaps until he gets his guys in.

Can you imagine Donald and Mack on the same team? That would be insane.
        That's with Suh eating double teams and accidentally stepping on people.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        Eli Apple to the Saints for a 2019 4th and a 2020 7th. So...yeah. Don't know if Apple can turn it around or not.
        PP also looking for a trade and wanted to go to the Saints preferably. Probably not going there anymore.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

That's with Suh eating double teams and accidentally stepping on people.

PP also looking for a trade and wanted to go to the Saints preferably. Probably not going there anymore.
          He's welcome in Pittsburgh, depending on price.
          sigpic

Comment

Eli Apple to the Saints for a 2019 4th and a 2020 7th. So...yeah. Don't know if Apple can turn it around or not.
            Wow. I mean, I would have gotten rid of him in the offseason, but still....
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Wow. I mean, I would have gotten rid of him in the offseason, but still....
              Yeah sounds like they were done with him. So getting something for him is a win.
              sigpic

Comment

• Apparently Chad Kelly wandered into a house a little after 1am and got chased out. Story sounded like he wasn't all there when it happened, but not like he really did anything wrong other than going inside and scaring the folks because he was there. Got arrested though, so this should be interesting for a couple days.

Comment

Apparently Chad Kelly wandered into a house a little after 1am and got chased out. Story sounded like he wasn't all there when it happened, but not like he really did anything wrong other than going inside and scaring the folks because he was there. Got arrested though, so this should be interesting for a couple days.
                  Getting hit with an aluminum vacuum tube is a lot better than what could of happened. (Of course, the worst thing is a police officer coming to your apartment by mistake and shooting you when you answer the door...)
                  ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Getting hit with an aluminum vacuum tube is a lot better than what could of happened. (Of course, the worst thing is a police officer coming to your apartment by mistake and shooting you when you answer the door...)
                    ~
                    I've heard of people being shot after entering the wrong home, but never somebody shooting the home owner because they didn't realize they were not in their own house. Especially a cop. That's nuts.

Comment

Apparently Chad Kelly wandered into a house a little after 1am and got chased out. Story sounded like he wasn't all there when it happened, but not like he really did anything wrong other than going inside and scaring the folks because he was there. Got arrested though, so this should be interesting for a couple days.
                      Who would have guessed Chad Kelly would do something dumb.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th round pick. Good pick up for them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th round pick. Good pick up for them.
                          Giants having a fire sale.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Giants having a fire sale.
                            Makes sense. They probably won't let OBJ go though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th round pick. Good pick up for them.
                              Great deal for the Lions! I suppose he'll be ready to play by Sunday...it's not like he's an RB who has to learn the playbook?

P.S. In any case, it's a good deal for us this week.
                              ~

Comment

Makes sense. They probably won't let OBJ go though.
                                Can't afford to. The cap hit would completely cripple them.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X