No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frickin' Jimmy Graham. All I needed was a couple more catches (or that TD that was ruled just short to hold up). At least my team won.

And now for the Monday Night Thriller!
    ~

Comment

• Hue Jackson has reportedly been fired.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        Hue Jackson has reportedly been fired.
        Not many head coaches manage to go 3-36-1 with the same team. (Or any combo of teams, for that matter.)
        ~

Comment

How do you fire a guy who already has 250% more wins in half a season than he had in the previous two seasons combined? Let alone so close to when the same city fires their basketball coach. I mean seriously, what's the advantage?
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

How do you fire a guy who already has 250% more wins in half a season than he had in the previous two seasons combined? Let alone so close to when the same city fires their basketball coach. I mean seriously, what's the advantage?
            It should have been done last year. Don't know what the point of letting him survive 0-16 was.

I think the rift between him and Todd Haley has something to do with it. Seems the organization has sided with Haley. Wouldn't be surprised to see him be the interim coach.

Edit: Nevermind, Haley is gone, too. Guess nobody won that fight. Al Saunders is the interim coach. I forgot he even existed.
            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 10-29-2018, 12:27 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Any word on who is taking the job?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It should have been done last year. Don't know what the point of letting him survive 0-16 was.

I think the rift between him and Todd Haley has something to do with it. Seems the organization has sided with Haley. Wouldn't be surprised to see him be the interim coach.

Edit: Nevermind, Haley is gone, too. Guess nobody won that fight. Al Saunders is the interim coach. I forgot he even existed.
                Wow.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Wow.
                  Now I'm seeing Gregg Williams. Who knows , it's Cleveland.

Apparently people want Lincoln Riley as the next HC. He's super young though, and only a few years of college experience, too.

​​​​​​
                  sigpic

Comment

Now I'm seeing Gregg Williams. Who knows , it's Cleveland.

Apparently people want Lincoln Riley as the next HC. He's super young though, and only a few years of college experience, too.

​​​​​​
                    LoL.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I wonder where Haley lands next year?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Dallas fires O-line coach and promotes Marc Columbo and brings back Hudson Hauk (sp).
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Not sure about Tennessee, that may be a Daniel question. Florida teams seem to do well enough. Football is bigger there than in SoCal.
                          The Titans seem to have good attendance. They're still second fiddle in-state to the Vols though.

Unpopular opinion: this is the actual appropriate time to fire Hue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

The Titans seem to have good attendance. They're still second fiddle in-state to the Vols though.

Unpopular opinion: this is the actual appropriate time to fire Hue.
                            *time travels* Actually Hueghe should never have been hired, Jimmy Haslan ought to be in prison, and cold fusion was invented.
                            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                              I wonder where Haley lands next year?
                              Alabama consultant. It's where everyone else goes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Right. Firing him now seems so senseless. Unless the thought is that Al Saunders being in charge will make the players better for next year than they would have been under Hue I can't see any reason to make the move other than the old "It's the Browns/Lions" standby. The standby is probably the case.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Working...
                                X