No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a bunch of good Stiller vibes today. It's great, especially with how bad this team started. Munch is awesome and needs paid to ensure he goes nowhere else. Conner has over 5 yards per carry. And that one Dobbs throw? He audibled to that. Dude has balls. The defense is still a work in progress, but I finally feel like they are going in the right direction.

I don't expect a super bowl this year. But they look good.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Odell?

Jags just need a QB and to air out a rowdy lockerroom. Hawks are currently Wilson and a bunch of randos. Giants don't seem to have the right direction; signing a stud WR with a finished QB and a poor OL, for example. Dallas would be easy. Keep up that defense, reload the line, and get poor Dak someone to throw to.
      Ouch. Forgot (blessedly) about OBGay for a minute.

Mostly agree about Jax, but they also need to load that line and reload the D, especially at DT. Giving the coaches a good talking to and reminding them that they are first and foremost a power running team would help.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Just a bunch of good Stiller vibes today. It's great, especially with how bad this team started. Munch is awesome and needs paid to ensure he goes nowhere else. Conner has over 5 yards per carry. And that one Dobbs throw? He audibled to that. Dude has balls. The defense is still a work in progress, but I finally feel like they are going in the right direction.

I don't expect a super bowl this year. But they look good.
        Defense is 2nd in the league in sacks. Butler doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves imo.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Defense is 2nd in the league in sacks. Butler doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves imo.
          He's improved the scheme a lot this year. Still don't know what he was doing with those coverages earlier. He's got Bud Dupree finally playing ball. Granted, he's been against a UDFA and a backup in consecutive weeks. Watt has been off and on, though good against the run. He had a hammy issue all of training camp, so this just may be a slump. I'm not worried about him yet. The DL is good, too. Even the ILB rotation is doing ok.

Meanwhile the secondary has been decent outside of the CB2 spot. Haden and Hilton are baaad men. Davis has actually played much better at FS. He's not flashy at all but if he can just avoid the stupid mistakes I'll call it a win. Edmunds has been a standard rookie: some good, some bad. Burnett has been hurt and not very good when he's been out there. The main hole is CB2.

It's no steel curtain. But it's at least a thick aluminum.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mike McCarthy to Cleveland this offseason?
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Mike McCarthy to Cleveland this offseason?
              I'll give them Jay Gruden for a 7th round pick.

P.S. Should note that we didn't just lose Lauvao in the Falcons game, we also lost Scherff. On a hit after the whistle. That resulted in a personal foul on the Redskins. Nonetheless, this is more than a one game trade thought.
              ~

Comment

• Brandon Scherff out for the season?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I'll give them Jay Gruden for a 7th round pick.

P.S. Should note that we didn't just lose Lauvao in the Falcons game, we also lost Scherff. On a hit after the whistle. That resulted in a personal foul on the Redskins. Nonetheless, this is more than a one game trade thought.
                  ~
                  I'd rather have McCarthy by, like, A LOT.

Sucks about Scherff. Enjoy watching him play. Is he done for the season? I know Lauvao is.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Looking forward to see what new and inventive ways the Titans will come up with to beat themselves this week.

That "I told you so" post about them being good this season certainly isn't aging well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      Looking forward to see what new and inventive ways the Titans will come up with to beat themselves this week.

That "I told you so" post about them being good this season certainly isn't aging well.
                      I'll be watching to see if the Cowboys quit the "catch and hold" style of blocking they've been using and go back to "punch and grab" style that had been so effective for them in previous years.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Looking forward to see what new and inventive ways the Titans will come up with to beat themselves this week.

So, what's their deal? Is it Mariota? Something else?
                        sigpic

Comment

So, what's their deal? Is it Mariota? Something else?
                          It's a combination of things, depends on the game. Against the Chargers, they just let two huge plays result in touchdowns, then go for two instead of tying the game at the end and taking overtime.
                          Against the Ravens, the offensive line was pure garbage, then Mariota got rattled.
                          Outside of that, So. Many. Drops.

Mariota has actually been solid overall, despite the nerve damage. Not having Delanie and a suddenly wildly inconsistent O-line isn't doing him any favors.

Comment

It's a combination of things, depends on the game. Against the Chargers, they just let two huge plays result in touchdowns, then go for two instead of tying the game at the end and taking overtime.
                            Against the Ravens, the offensive line was pure garbage, then Mariota got rattled.
                            Outside of that, So. Many. Drops.

Mariota has actually been solid overall, despite the nerve damage. Not having Delanie and a suddenly wildly inconsistent O-line isn't doing him any favors.
                            Any Oline injuries or have they just been playing like ass?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Any Oline injuries or have they just been playing like ass?
                              Both. Conklin is coming back from injury, Lewan missed a game early in the season, and isn't 100%, and Logan Spain went out during the Baltimore game. So they're a little banged up, but in comparison to the rest of the team, they aren't doing so bad.

Comment

• So, does Nate Peterman have blackmail photos? He may be the worst QB I've ever seen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X