No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like these Bears unis one damn bit!
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      I dont like these Bears unis one damn bit!
      They have gone orange before. It's...okay, but Denver does it better.
      sigpic

Comment

• God I hate the ****ing Colts.

Comment

• tell me more about how we should've taken Ridley over Vander Esch you slimy chode Charles
          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
            tell me more about how we should've taken Ridley over Vander Esch you slimy chode Charles
            Charlie has become a hack. Sad really.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Apparently the theory I mentioned to a few people that the Lions would finish the year by beating everybody they were supposed to lose to and losing to teams they should beat is working out so far. Thanks for losing the game Riverboat Ron! I still don't know how that could happen without Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr., TJ Lang, the Lions second best run stopper in A'Shawn Robinson, and Kerryon Johnson leaving in the 3rd.

Also, that guy from Ohio who plays for Indiana and hit Chase Winovich while he was on the ground is a jerk, but it sounds like Chase is going to play this weekend. Draft stock probably slightly up for being a tough sob if he does.

Edit: Bonus weirdness: The Panthers hit an upright while kicking yesterday which makes opposing kickers hitting FIVE in the last 2 games. That's nuts, especially with Gano having been accurate all year and playing indoors. He also missed an XP which continues the trend of kickers being terrible against the Lions.There may be some sort of record terribleness by opposing kickers by the end of the year.
              Last edited by kirmie; 11-19-2018, 10:32 AM.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Sounds like Kerryon has a knee sprain, but not an ACL tear. Somehow this makes it more likely that the Lions will win on Thursday.

Comment

Charlie has become a hack. Sad really.
                  Beasley and Gallup (thoughts and prayers) had some gaffes yesterday but watching the team play, its hard to conclude that the WRs lack of production in the passing is their own doing and not Dak/Linehan/the whole identify of the team. They all can and do make plays. Cooper has been better than I expected.
                  CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Beasley and Gallup (thoughts and prayers) had some gaffes yesterday but watching the team play, its hard to conclude that the WRs lack of production in the passing is their own doing and not Dak/Linehan/the whole identify of the team. They all can and do make plays. Cooper has been better than I expected.
                    I've been surprised by Cooper. He kind of sucked in Oakland.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Chiefs and Rams are looking to put up a basketball score.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                        The Chiefs and Rams are looking to put up a basketball score.
                        And they did.

College basketball anyway.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

And they did.

College basketball anyway.
                          Yep. Entertaining game, with both offenses at their peak. KC still has the inside track to the #1 seed. The Rams will likely be the #2 seed behind Nawlins, who has been crushing everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Since I felt like it, for those looking for insight on predicting the Lions draft in no particular order:

1. Glover Quinn seems to have lost a step and with no pass rush his instincts don't get to be as helpful. 2018 3rd round pick Tracy Walker seems to be on tract to take over the deep safety spot with Quandre Diggs keeping the shallow safety role.

2. The Lions have no legitimate edge rush except for when Ansah is on the field, which hasn't been very often. Multiple players have 4+ sacks, but the majority of those have been coverage sacks. 2018 4th round pick Da'Shawn Hand thankfully has been solid as an interior and 3-4 DE type of pass rusher so the need falls more toward the EDGE type. I think that'd go a long way for the Lions defense so this may be one of their earliest picks.

3. TJ Lang is probably done and Joe Dahl hasn't been able to get snaps over Kenny Wiggins so OG is high on the need list even though 2018 1st rounder Frank Ragnow looks good. They could go middle of the pack in free agency with a draft pick around the 4th.

4. The Lions don't have a developmental QB after losing Kaaya in 2017. Quinn had mentioned it is a good idea to take one every two years so they're totally due to take a QB. Not sure when in the draft, but definitely predict them to take one.

5. Teez Tabor seems to have lost the team's faith in his ability to play corner. Expect him to transition to safety or get beat out at CB next year. The Lions will want at least one more CB to work with. Jamal Agnew was getting play as the #2 before his injury and the Lions prefer Nevin Lawson in the slot so if Lawson stays around they'll be looking for an outside corner.

6. This should be obvious on Thanksgiving, but the Lions need another RB. Kerryon shouldn't play, Blount has been ineffective, and Riddick is only awesome when he doesn't take a hand off (though I think he has dropped more balls this year than the rest of his career combined). Kerryon has a history of dings and the RB position rarely has a bell cow anymore so I expect this to be a priority as well, but it could be addressed in free agency rather than the top half of the draft.

7. After completely giving up on the season by trading Golden Tate and not replacing him with a random white guy like the Patriots always do with their slot WRs, the Lions now need a slot receiver. With how the Pats have always treated this and trading Tate I expect this to be a free agency pickup or late in the draft.

8. Michael Roberts is the only TE who is guaranteed to be back next year. Expect 2 blocking TEs to make their way to Detroit. Most likely in free agency, but if a solid one drops to the Lions in the draft they will likely take him.

9. Don't expect OT to be a priority because the Lions like 2018 5th round Tyrell Crosby. OT would be a BPA only kind of pickup and likely later in the draft if at all. The only caveat is if Crosby is moved to OG to fill that hole, but I expect him to stay at OT right now.

10. Thanks to Snacks, A'Shawn, and Hand the Lions DT type role is pretty set. I think they keep RJF and Kerry Hyder around as well. RJF because of the locker room/vet aspect and his donuts. Hyder because he tore his Achilles in the last preseason game of 2017 so I don't think he is fully healed yet. Probably one 3/4 DE type for depth needed. Could be late in the draft, but probably undrafted or a cheap free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                              Since I felt like it, for those looking for insight on predicting the Lions draft in no particular order:

1. Glover Quinn seems to have lost a step and with no pass rush his instincts don't get to be as helpful. 2018 3rd round pick Tracy Walker seems to be on tract to take over the deep safety spot with Quandre Diggs keeping the shallow safety role.

2. The Lions have no legitimate edge rush except for when Ansah is on the field, which hasn't been very often. Multiple players have 4+ sacks, but the majority of those have been coverage sacks. 2018 4th round pick Da'Shawn Hand thankfully has been solid as an interior and 3-4 DE type of pass rusher so the need falls more toward the EDGE type. I think that'd go a long way for the Lions defense so this may be one of their earliest picks.

3. TJ Lang is probably done and Joe Dahl hasn't been able to get snaps over Kenny Wiggins so OG is high on the need list even though 2018 1st rounder Frank Ragnow looks good. They could go middle of the pack in free agency with a draft pick around the 4th.

4. The Lions don't have a developmental QB after losing Kaaya in 2017. Quinn had mentioned it is a good idea to take one every two years so they're totally due to take a QB. Not sure when in the draft, but definitely predict them to take one.

5. Teez Tabor seems to have lost the team's faith in his ability to play corner. Expect him to transition to safety or get beat out at CB next year. The Lions will want at least one more CB to work with. Jamal Agnew was getting play as the #2 before his injury and the Lions prefer Nevin Lawson in the slot so if Lawson stays around they'll be looking for an outside corner.

6. This should be obvious on Thanksgiving, but the Lions need another RB. Kerryon shouldn't play, Blount has been ineffective, and Riddick is only awesome when he doesn't take a hand off (though I think he has dropped more balls this year than the rest of his career combined). Kerryon has a history of dings and the RB position rarely has a bell cow anymore so I expect this to be a priority as well, but it could be addressed in free agency rather than the top half of the draft.

7. After completely giving up on the season by trading Golden Tate and not replacing him with a random white guy like the Patriots always do with their slot WRs, the Lions now need a slot receiver. With how the Pats have always treated this and trading Tate I expect this to be a free agency pickup or late in the draft.

8. Michael Roberts is the only TE who is guaranteed to be back next year. Expect 2 blocking TEs to make their way to Detroit. Most likely in free agency, but if a solid one drops to the Lions in the draft they will likely take him.

9. Don't expect OT to be a priority because the Lions like 2018 5th round Tyrell Crosby. OT would be a BPA only kind of pickup and likely later in the draft if at all. The only caveat is if Crosby is moved to OG to fill that hole, but I expect him to stay at OT right now.

10. Thanks to Snacks, A'Shawn, and Hand the Lions DT type role is pretty set. I think they keep RJF and Kerry Hyder around as well. RJF because of the locker room/vet aspect and his donuts. Hyder because he tore his Achilles in the last preseason game of 2017 so I don't think he is fully healed yet. Probably one 3/4 DE type for depth needed. Could be late in the draft, but probably undrafted or a cheap free agent.
                              What are your thoughts on Patricia so far?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

What are your thoughts on Patricia so far?
                                Inconsistent right now. This turned into more of a rebuild than Quinn and Patricia expected. They've beaten and lost to good teams. The defense seems to be a lack of talent and some confidence issues due to switching to more of a 3-4 with a lot of names changing and injuries. Not sure what has been up with the offense though. Stafford seems off at times and has been holding onto the ball too much.

I think people will be complaining going into next year, but the team will be better because of the scheme and cultural changes. Culture changes would be the biggest. Robert Ayers being gone a day after signing, players complaining about running, and things like Tabor being benched for a practice squad call up were big. This would probably have gone smoother if the offseason work wasn't as reduced as it is these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X