2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    So for some reason, the Steelers took what worked during their 5 game win streak, and completely abandoned it. Now they have lost 3 straight, and will probably be 5 straight when it's all said and done.
    There was probably too much running involved for Ben's liking. As long as he gets to sling it....
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

There was probably too much running involved for Ben's liking. As long as he gets to sling it....
      The defense is the bigger culprit though. Butler can design a mean blitz scheme, but he is lost when it comes to coverage. So when teams adjust to those blitzes with 3 step drops and such, the defense is exposed and those terrible matchups rear their ugly heads. So the Steelers should adjust too, right? But they don't.

This team is losing the next two games. After that, they finish up against a beat up Bengals team to decide if they will be over .500 or not. I kinda hope not. There needs to be some changes made, and that may be the catalyst needed to do so. So disappointing: as soon as it looked like they had finally put it together, they simply revert to old habits. And they were a complete team, too.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        What do you guys think of your rookie classes so far?
        We nailed our first three picks- Vander Esch, Williams, Gallup- Dak just needs to start hitting some deep balls and C-Will just needs some roids. Armstrong and Schultz are starting to play a little more, think both will become pretty solid backups if they're not already there yet. Interested to see if Cedrick Wilson can make a bid for playing time next year. Otherwise that's about it. All in all very solid.
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          Oh Steelers. How can you lose to the Raiders?
          I expected road Ben, but not an outright loss. Also, Brees and Kamara underpeformed their salaries so much at Tampa I lost my cash DK games.

At least I'm kicking butt in 5 against the spread (need Seattle by more than 3 tonight to go 5 for 5).
          ~

Comment

• For those who didn't watch the Lions @ Cardinals, the field was terrible and I lost count of the number of injured Lions around 12. Ansah looks like he blew out his shoulder and will need surgery. Ricky Wagner has a concussion. Etc. The field was terrible and everybody was complaining about it. Before Zach Zenner scored near the end of the game the Lions had more points scored because of Taylor Decker and Slay than anything else in these last 2 games. Offensive juggernauts!

For those who DID watch the game, you may want to seek professional help.

Aslo, screw you Amari Cooper! You fantasy football point hog.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            What do you guys think of your rookie classes so far? Edmunds has been ok for the Steelers while Washington hasn't been able to find any rythym. Chuks Okorafor has played well, Mason is keeping the bench warm as expected, Jaylen Samuels starts this week, Marcus Allen is finally getting snaps, and Josh Frazier didn't make the team. Meanwhile, two UDFA LBs Adeniyi and Thomas have made a bit of noise. It's been better than expected. Still would have rather had Darius Leonard in rd 1 but whatever.
            I love all of the Lions draft picks outside of injuries.

1. C/G Frank Ragnow: Full time LG. Looks pretty darn good. Especially as a run blocker.
            2. RB Kerryon Johnson: First Lions RB with a 100 yard game since Reggie Bush in 2013. Already has two games over 100. Sadly he is injured right now.
            3. DB Tracy Walker: Bob Quinn apparently likes to make weird 3rd round picks that I don't care for but end up working out (previous year they traded down and got Golladay when they could have gotten Kareem Hunt). Dude has been way better than I expected and keeps getting more playing time. Some rookie issues still, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the was playing around 90% of the snaps next year.
            4. DT/DE Da'Shawn Hand: He has been one of the most productive interior pass rushers in the NFL according to PFF. Sadly he was hurt this game. Didn't seem like a bad injury though.
            5. OT Tyrell Crosby: Currently the backup for both sides and has played when either player was hurt. Hasn't sucked. Not great or anything, but I'll take not sucking from a 5th round rookie.
            7. FB Nick Bawden: Almost assuredly the starting fullback if he didn't blow out his knee in the offseason. Probably still the starter next year.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Lots of fields were terrible this weekend, not sure what the deal was.
              sigpic

Comment

• Vikings fire their OC. Not many coaches and GMs left in the NFCN who were around before the 2017 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                  Vikings fire their OC. Not many coaches and GMs left in the NFCN who were around before the 2017 season.
                  It's tough when your team can't block. Blame the O.C., never the GM or injuries! (He typed, sadly.) If only we could blame the owner...
                  ~

Comment

• Tomlin blames the X-ray machine for being old causing him to not put Ben back in, gave a lame excuse about clock management again, and has no answers about the run game. Despite running the ball earlier this year. Even Rocky Bleier tossed some heat at him.

Here I thought this team finally got over itself after a 6 game won streak. Nope. "Let's do that old **** that doesn't work!"

I kinda hope they miss the playoffs at this point. Just to hopefully put heat on this coaching staff. Maybe make more changes?
                    sigpic

Comment

Vikings fire their OC. Not many coaches and GMs left in the NFCN who were around before the 2017 season.
                      Crazy, no?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Are there any interesting coaching candidates at all? Just doesn't seem to be any big names this year. Dave Toub and Mike Munchak seem to be getting some attention but since they aren't the hot offensive mind no one is overly hyped about them. Wondering if we won't see many firings this year because of it.

I know one thing: the Steelers would be fools to let Munch go. He and the DL coach are probably the only trustworthy coaches on the roster.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

It's tough when your team can't block. Blame the O.C., never the GM or injuries! (He typed, sadly.) If only we could blame the owner...
                          ~
                          Lions fans tried blaming the owner for decades with no luck. Like kings, they tend to rule until they die.

Kind of curious to see if the Lions end up letting Jim Bob Cooter go and looking around once the season is over.

Comment

• 2020 Vegas draft!

I see this going bad for so many reasons. Players will get drafted and go do something stupid. The NFL will notice and get pissed off about people betting on the draft. I would be shocked if the betting wasn't going on in the same room.

Also, **** YOU LAS VEGAS! You get an expansion NHL team that makes the Stanley Cup Finals its first year and now you get the NFL draft for when you get an expansion team? Lucky sobs.

Comment

• Stephen A. Smith has gotten so bad that I may actually start to like him.

Comment

Stephen A. Smith has gotten so bad that I may actually start to like him.
                                He is legitimately great at his job
                                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Working...
                                X