2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

This is true, or at least should be. We have more stars per capita than almost any other state, and most schools don't have the kind of recruiting expectations that we do. Oddly, I feel like we get overlooked a lot in terms of national exposure.
    Having Bama and Georgia to contend with will do that. LSU is historically more physical than flashy, which the media isn't going to be as interested in. I feel like Coach O should be more famous for being impossible to understand in a fun way, but that's just me.
    ​​​​​​
    sigpic

Comment

• Jaguars beat FailFish. I picked the Dolphins.

*cuts wrists*

P.S. err, PhailPhish.

P.S. As long as I'm airing the greiveances on this Festivus Day, to HELL with the Pheagles, too. *checks notes* NEVERMIND. Also I was about to beach out on the Phackers, but...NEVERMIND.
      ~
      Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 12-23-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Having Bama and Georgia to contend with will do that. LSU is historically more physical than flashy, which the media isn't going to be as interested in. I feel like Coach O should be more famous for being impossible to understand in a fun way, but that's just me.
        ​​​​​​
        Coach O is the best. Geaux Tigers.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Cowboys clinch.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Sad that I have to rootie-toot-toot for Russkel Wilkins and Doug Baldie to do good stuff, but I also need K.C. to win the game.
            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
              Sad that I have to rootie-toot-toot for Russkel Wilkins and Doug Baldie to do good stuff, but I also need K.C. to win the game.
              ~
              Seahawks all the way, baby!

I just can't root for the chiefs.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• imagine your team giving out the flacco contract, only instead of it coming after a win in the Super Bowl, it comes after a loss in the wild card round
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Steelers are done after starting 7-2-1. Maybe this will force some changes.
                  ​​​​​​
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    Steelers are done after starting 7-2-1. Maybe this will force some changes.
                    ​​​​​​
                    What do you think they might actually change?
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

What do you think they might actually change?
                      I hope Tomlin. There was heat last year, and missing the playoffs thanks to losing to bad teams may finally be it. The team needs a cultural and coaching reset. HOF QB that played well this year overall, HOF WR, stud OL, stud DL, awesome 2017 draft class, this team should be better than .500, and I don't mean 8-7-1. But poor coaching was the flaw. And a poor secondary, but that's kinda from poor coaching and talent acquisition.

No idea who I'd want to replace him. Toub would be a candidate. Both Tomlin and Cowher were ST guys. Munch may get consideration, and with jobs opening up I expect he will take one. I just hope his protege is as good as he is if he leaves Pittsburgh. Jim Harbaugh would be fun, and the NFL would love the Harbaugh v. Harbaugh angle. That's highly unlikely though. Isn't the Browns' OC getting some credit now, too? Cleveland will likely strive to keep him though.

Off-season needs:

1: CB: No one can intercept passes and Burns was a bust. Maybe grab two.
                      2: ILB: Though not the liability it was thought to be, the spot next to VW is occupied by stopgaps.
                      3: OLB: Not a lot of bodies here, Dupree is entering the last year of his deal and is still an uncertainty, and though they have a couple of intriguing young guys nothing is set in stone.
                      4: OL depth: If the team has a lot of turnover here this may be necessary. Foster is a free agent and Gilbert is always hurt.
                      5: FS: Sean Davis is the most inconsistent player on the roster.
                      6: P: Jordan Berry kinda sucks.
                      7: K: Chris Boswell went from winning games single handedly to losing them. He should have to fight for his job. Sink or swim.
                      8: Speed RB: Just kind of a wishlist thing here, but Ridley probably won't be back. Conner and Samuels look like good backs, but I'd love a Tarik Cohen-esque compliment to go with them.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Oh we got some change.

"After harsh comments about DC Greg Manusky, #Redskins have cut S DJ Swearinger."

Like things weren't bad enough. Good god. The entire Dan Snyder era is like crawling through broken glass.
                        ~

Comment

• mMERRY CHRISTMAS, people!
                          ~

Comment

• Merry Christmas y;all.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Merry Christmas!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I can't believe Herbert is going back to school. What a **** QB draft.
                                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                                X