No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Raiders are the media team now, huh?

Mike Munchak is getting coaching interviews. You guys need to keep your grubby hands off of the best OL coach in the league. I'd imagine he's gonna get a job though. Not a lot of new hotness in the coaching ranks will result in a lot of retread hires. I can think of another Mike you guys are free to take though. Your standard will be the standard. Obviously.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
      The Raiders have hired Mike Mayock to be their next GM. - Schefter
      ~
      Are the Raiders aware this isn't a video game? Hiring people from TV and trading away their best players.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Heard a rumor that the Steelers are looking at Marvin Lewis for DC. I'd be on board for that.
        sigpic

Comment

• More AB drama, this time with Ben. Aaaaand Tomlin just fibs about it. Seriously, guys, leave Munch alone. Take our other Mike, please!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            More AB drama, this time with Ben. Aaaaand Tomlin just fibs about it. Seriously, guys, leave Munch alone. Take our other Mike, please!
            What's the drama this time? Would you really be ok with Lewis coming in with his 4-3? How is Mayock a GM?
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Mark Richt retired???
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Guess I'll get a good look at Benny Snell on New year's.
                He's slow. Not much to get excited about imo, and we all know I love RBs. Just a bad class.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                  P.S. If the Steelers lose to the Bungals, shouldn't every single coach get fired?
                  ~
                  Fire 'em anyway. Except Munch. He's the bestest.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

What's the drama this time? Would you really be ok with Lewis coming in with his 4-3? How is Mayock a GM?
                    Had some drama with Ben in practice, chucked the ball back at him and left practice. Tomlin ruled him out with a sore knee. AB actually showed up at the game expecting to play, lol. He's a fantastic receiver but man, the team does not need the tantrums right now.

A 4-3 would be simply putting TJ's hand in the dirt. But that's really it. It would probably be modded into kind of a 3-4 over/under kind of thing. Of course they are in nickel most of the time anyways so "base" defense is less of a concern. I'm more worried about getting the most talent on the field and actually having them in the right place for once. And the LB corps need redone anyways. As does the secondary. They haven't made any moves yet though. Probably won't until the postseason ends. My guess is Butler goes and Tomlin sadly stays...unless this new fiasco was enough to show he doesn't have much control over this team. The players have started to chatter a lot more about lack of accountability, which is a bad sign for any coach.

I have no idea what Mayock's role will be outside of basically head of scouting while Gruden calls the shots.

Saw Richt retired. I do not care for "Da U" so, whatever. Richt seemed like a good guy though.

Apparently Fournette and the Jags are starting to have a falling out. Man, that team looks more and more like a flash in the pan.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Fournette has always been a self-absorbed pussy. **** that guy.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Had some drama with Ben in practice, chucked the ball back at him and left practice. Tomlin ruled him out with a sore knee. AB actually showed up at the game expecting to play, lol. He's a fantastic receiver but man, the team does not need the tantrums right now.

A 4-3 would be simply putting TJ's hand in the dirt. But that's really it. It would probably be modded into kind of a 3-4 over/under kind of thing. Of course they are in nickel most of the time anyways so "base" defense is less of a concern. I'm more worried about getting the most talent on the field and actually having them in the right place for once. And the LB corps need redone anyways. As does the secondary. They haven't made any moves yet though. Probably won't until the postseason ends. My guess is Butler goes and Tomlin sadly stays...unless this new fiasco was enough to show he doesn't have much control over this team. The players have started to chatter a lot more about lack of accountability, which is a bad sign for any coach.

I have no idea what Mayock's role will be outside of basically head of scouting while Gruden calls the shots.

Saw Richt retired. I do not care for "Da U" so, whatever. Richt seemed like a good guy though.

Apparently Fournette and the Jags are starting to have a falling out. Man, that team looks more and more like a flash in the pan.
                        I'd hire Vic Fangio as HC if I were the Steelers, but they won't hire an older white guy in this day and age. More likely to field an all black coaching staff than that.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'd hire Vic Fangio as HC if I were the Steelers, but they won't hire an older white guy in this day and age. More likely to field an all black coaching staff than that.
                          There really aren't many black coaches left or many good black candidates right now outside of maybe Bienemy, which is something the media is bringing up. That's a whole different discussion though.

Young offensive minds are all the rage now but there aren't many of those this year. I honestly have no preference between an offensive or defensive guy at this point; just someone who can get this team's head out of its ass. It would be fun to see Ben whine about a new staff telling him to stop forcing dumb passes downfield though. Though if he retires, Pouncey will retire, and the full rebuild commences.

Speaking of the OL, losing Munch will suck, as there are some upcoming contracts expiring. Foster is a free agent, Gilbert is always hurt, and if Pouncey goes in this scenario that's a lot of beef at once. Feiler, Okorafor, and Finney have looked fine in relief, though that's with Munch's tutelage.

Really, the winds of change are blowing in the AFC. The Pats don't look like their death-machine selves, either. If Brady and Bill leave they are back to square one, too. The Chargers have as long as Rivers holds up. So, the future looks like teams headed by Luck, Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, and maybe Allen and Darnold.
                          sigpic

Comment

There really aren't many black coaches left or many good black candidates right now outside of maybe Bienemy, which is something the media is bringing up. That's a whole different discussion though.

Young offensive minds are all the rage now but there aren't many of those this year. I honestly have no preference between an offensive or defensive guy at this point; just someone who can get this team's head out of its ass. It would be fun to see Ben whine about a new staff telling him to stop forcing dumb passes downfield though. Though if he retires, Pouncey will retire, and the full rebuild commences.

Speaking of the OL, losing Munch will suck, as there are some upcoming contracts expiring. Foster is a free agent, Gilbert is always hurt, and if Pouncey goes in this scenario that's a lot of beef at once. Feiler, Okorafor, and Finney have looked fine in relief, though that's with Munch's tutelage.

Really, the winds of change are blowing in the AFC. The Pats don't look like their death-machine selves, either. If Brady and Bill leave they are back to square one, too. The Chargers have as long as Rivers holds up. So, the future looks like teams headed by Luck, Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, and maybe Allen and Darnold.
                            You think Munch is gone? I'd do whatever I could to keep him. Hell, I'd make him OC whether Ben liked it or not. Munch>Ben.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

You think Munch is gone? I'd do whatever I could to keep him. Hell, I'd make him OC whether Ben liked it or not. Munch>Ben.
                              There are a lot of openings and Munch is very well respected. The Packers, Browns, and Broncos have already asked permission to interview him. If it's a matter of money, pay the man. But he may want another shot at an HC gig.
                              sigpic

Comment

There are a lot of openings and Munch is very well respected. The Packers, Browns, and Broncos have already asked permission to interview him. If it's a matter of money, pay the man. But he may want another shot at an HC gig.
                                I'd fire Tomlin's ass and promote Munch tbh. He deserves it.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X