2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

They hired Gase as HC? Wtf??? That may be worse than the Browns firing Williams, not quite sure.

Have the Bengals hired anybody yet? I could use a laugh.

edit: Could have had MM, so definitely worse than the Browns. Let me say that again: worse than the Browns.
    MM only wanted Denver, as he has family there. Other than that he was staying. I think that's why he declined Arizona last year.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

MM only wanted Denver, as he has family there. Other than that he was staying. I think that's why he declined Arizona last year.
      I meant McCarthy.

Glad Munch stayed, though. I hate Elway and Denver, although they got a helluva coach in Fangio.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So many MM's!

Slightly off topic: I realized last night that the Packers' head coach has the same last name as the guy from Dodgeball. Now I can't stop hearing Ben Stiller when I read his name. Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur!
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

I meant McCarthy.

Glad Munch stayed, though. I hate Elway and Denver, although they got a helluva coach in Fangio.
          Ah. McCarthy only wanted the Jets. McCarthy is basically a less quotable Tomlin though.
          sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like the Lions are considering Steve Sarkisian and Nate Hackett for their OC job. I think that means Hackett gets the job because he once coached at Syracuse. Pretty much every hire the Lions have made since Patricia came on involves Syracuse or the Patriots in some way. I think Jim Bob Cooter was allowed to stick around because of his connections to Tennessee and their predominantly orange color scheme reminding Patricia of Syracuse.

Comment

• Dammit, Steelers are keeping Butler. Probably so they can "let his contract run out" next year.

Looks like they may trade AB if the price is right though.
              sigpic

Comment

• Michigan hired Josh Gattis from Alabama to be their OC. Which I guess means Michigan now technically has an OC. Nobody was really in charge before as it was more of a committee type of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                  Michigan hired Josh Gattis from Alabama to be their OC. Which I guess means Michigan now technically has an OC. Nobody was really in charge before as it was more of a committee type of thing.
                  Well, that certainly explains a thing or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Well, that certainly explains a thing or two.
                    lol yeah. Tim Drevno was the OC in 2017. When he left it became some weird hodgepodge of a passing coordinator, running coordinator, and I think Harbs calling or relaying plays with their help. Gattis is specifically being called an OC and things have said he'll make the play calls so that's one problem down. I think Pep Hamilton was the most in charge for 2018 and he is still technically under contract. Hopefully we get more clarification on things at some point.

Comment

• BTW, Michigan State, another team in Michigan that had a committee type of OC situation last year, also changed their OC yesterday. In fact, they changed every major offensive coach. What's amazing is that they somehow managed to do this without hiring or firing anybody.

Comment

• Ugh. Greg Williams? **** that guy. I didn't forget Bounty Gate.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• My team is playing for its first conference title game appearance and road playoff win in 23 years tomorrow.

26 of your teams have done at least one of those things in that time frame.

This should be fun.
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            Dammit, Steelers are keeping Butler. Probably so they can "let his contract run out" next year.

Looks like they may trade AB if the price is right though.
                            Trade him! Trade him! Trade him!
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                              My team is playing for its first conference title game appearance and road playoff win in 23 years tomorrow.

26 of your teams have done at least one of those things in that time frame.

This should be fun.
                              Go Cowboys.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Trade him! Trade him! Trade him!
                                It's really looking like it.

We are getting close to the end of this iteration of the team. The locker room is falling apart, Ben is getting older and looks to Favre it up, the big names are leaving, and Tomlin and friends are being exposed. I would have made a move this year. But I'd imagine Butler falls on the sword next year as his contract is up, then Mike after that when his is up. At that point Ben whines and retires, Pouncey retires, and the cycle is allowed to begin again. Because it's not the Steelers way to get a head start on things. The whole AFC is about to turn on it's head though. It is the natural order of things, I suppose.

And Denver needs to stay the hell away from Munchak already. You got your coach, let the yinzers have this guy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X