2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post

Or a retread like Darrell Bevell. Sorry about that.
    This is about as unsexy of an OC they could get, but I understand the choice from the point of it fitting what the Lions have said they wanted to do. Lots of emphasis on running and play action with good defense and not turning the ball over. Not sure how much he goes towards the idea of being able to go run or pass heavy depending on the opponent.

I'm decently confident that the end result of this hire will be the same overall offense as last year, but with the plays being mixed better. At least this means the odds of the Lions offense getting worse will be pretty low.

I can't hate or get excited about this at all. It's completely meh.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• UT hired Tee Martin.

Just happy to have more recruiters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        UT hired Tee Martin.

Just happy to have more recruiters.
        Hired Tee Martin to do what?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Hired Tee Martin to do what?
          Receivers coach, which is what he was doing before USC promoted him to OC.

Comment

• Apparently Dallas either talked or attempted to talk to somebody about an OC related job. Wereder seems to be purposefully vague so we don't get much other than that Dallas at least considered something.

@EdwerderRFA
            Although Jason Garrett claimed no major changes to his coaching staff, a source tells me the #Cowboys have inquired about the interest/availability of at least one prominent offensive #NFL assistant coach.
            @EdwerderRFA
            I'm not at liberty to identify the coach that the #Cowboys contacted in the past 48 hours even though he has taken another #NFL job now. I thought it was valuable info to share that they are looking as Jerry Jones indicated was possible, contradicting Jason Garrett.
            In Lions news, Don Muhlbach made the Pro Bowl and the Lions released a highlight reel. I'm fairly confident those were the first NFL long snapper highlights ever made. I'd link them, but they're long snapper highlights so ... yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Receivers coach, which is what he was doing before USC promoted him to OC.
              Sounds like his level right now. Is he a good recruiter?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Been a long time since I posted, but its a good time to post since most of my takes I had 2-3 years ago have been right.

1. Said Patrick Mahomes was the best QB in his draft and should be a top 10 pick. Now hes the MVP leading his team to a Super Bowl.
                2. Said Michael Thomas was a gamechanging wide receiver and should be taken in the first round. Now hes first team All-Pro.
                3. Said Ryan Ramczyk was the best OT in his draft and shouldve been taken in the first half of the first round in his draft. Now a second team All-Pro.

Comment

• Michigan State finally got rid of Engler. Engler was the interim president they hired last February after they took forever to fire the actual president who helped cover up the Nasar stuff and is currently facing criminal charges for it. Everybody outside of the MSU trustees thought Engler was a terrible choice because he would be biased toward the school and not fair to the victims. That's been an understatement since he took the job.

Engler canceled a fund created to help pay for the victims counseling (the board eventually overrode him and brought it back), accused the first public victim of taking kickbacks, tried to pay at least one victim to drop their lawsuit, promised to hire an independent compliance office but instead hired a university employee, promised a national search for a new athletic director but hired the interim guy and interviewed nobody, hired friends for jobs with contracts longer than he was expected to be president, and he canceled an alumni magazine issue that was critical of MSU's Nassar handling, Apparently the last straw was him saying the victims were "enjoying the spotlight" while complaining about how people are still interested in this and that he only looks bad because what he does has to be publicly available, unlike when he was the governor.

I'm not sure what MSU could have done to make this situation worse outside of something completely crazy. I'm still surprised the NCAA cleared the school in their handling.

Comment

• Dallas dropped Linehan. Which is kind of hilarious to me due to how Garrett said changes weren't coming and the crazy talk radio in Detroit mentioning things like how new offenses should be more like the Rams, Chiefs, and... Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      Dallas dropped Linehan. Which is kind of hilarious to me due to how Garrett said changes weren't coming and the crazy talk radio in Detroit mentioning things like how new offenses should be more like the Rams, Chiefs, and... Dallas.
                      Who they replacing him with?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Nobody yet. As far as I can tell all that happened is that he is gone.

Comment

doug nussmeier
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

doug nussmeier
                            Joke or not?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Joke or not?
                              Nope. I dont think theyll make Garrett hire some young hotshot McVay associate who might emasculate him and/or move his offense past the Stone Age. Some people are thinking they want an assistant on one of the remaining teams (Dan Campbell being the favorite on that front) but ultimately I would be surprised if Nussmeier is not promoted to OC.

Only question is if he actually calls play or if they make Garrett do it. Again my bet is that Garrett gets to remain wholly absolved from the ineffectiveness of his own offensive design.
                              Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 01-19-2019, 08:00 AM.
                              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Anybody gonna be watching the Shrine Game?
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X