2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Anybody gonna be watching the Shrine Game?
    Anyone impress?
    sigpic

Comment

Anybody gonna be watching the Shrine Game?
      I'm still in DFS contest mode. After the Superb Owl, I'll be just as much mock draft as anyone on here.
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Anyone impress?
        Will be watching on replay, but am interested in TE CJ Conrad and the Pitt RB.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Conference championships: I'm mainly taking the home teams and Brees and Mahomes. With some small bets in tournaments on Goff and Brady so I won't get totally wiped out by upsets.

P.S. My diversification efforts did not include Todd Gurley. C.J. Anderson is getting most all the work since Gurley muffed that pass into a Saints int. Oy to the vey.

P.P.S. That moment when you look at your fake football teams and realize: What you really need is for Drew Brees to throw a TD to Todd Gurley.

P.P.P.S. Overtime! Thank dog.

P.P.P.P.S. Critical bad "roughing the passer" call on Chris Jones. Fuk you, NFL.
          ~
          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 01-20-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• So, was this year the worst year in officiating since the replacement refs, or what? The NFL really needs to trim the fat in its rule book. Or allow those judgement calls to be reviewed.
            sigpic

Comment

So, was this year the worst year in officiating since the replacement refs, or what? The NFL really needs to trim the fat in its rule book. Or allow those judgement calls to be reviewed.
              Unequivocally, yes. I mean, the NFL is already admitting they got the Saints game wrong.
              If the championship games hadn't both been so close, it might not have been as big a deal, but both of those **** calls decided the games (less so in the AFC, but still).

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Unequivocally, yes. I mean, the NFL is already admitting they got the Saints game wrong.
                If the championship games hadn't both been so close, it might not have been as big a deal, but both of those **** calls decided the games (less so in the AFC, but still).
                Multiple games were decided by refball this year. It didn't favor one team or another. Just an absolutely sloppy performance. Refs need accountability, Judgement calls need to be made with the help of the tech available instead of 60 year old eyes only, and the rules need to be clarified instead of being as vague as they are. None of this will happen, as Goodell is too busy chasing potheads.
                sigpic

Comment

Anyone impress?
                  I found the C/G from Illinois interesting. He pulled well and I only really saw him get pushed back once. Didn't seem to play much though. The Canadian DL could be interesting as well since it looks like he would benefit greatly from a real strength training program. I don't see him as a future star, but it looks like he could stick around as a depth guy. Boise QB looked good early. I think it was Oklahoma State that had a skinnier DE that flashed at times. Oregon as well.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                  So, was this year the worst year in officiating since the replacement refs, or what? The NFL really needs to trim the fat in its rule book. Or allow those judgement calls to be reviewed.
                  At least they didn't throw the flag on obvious PI, have a guy run out on the field without a helmet to yell at them about calling PI (which should be a penalty), then pick up the PI flag and the final ruling is incomplete pass. Should have had both flags thrown, but reversing one they had right and completely ignoring another is... yeah. This was also the playoffs, but nobody makes rule changes when the Lions are the ones who get screwed over. They do it years later when some other team has the same thing happen in an even less blatant way.

Besides, Dallas should have known better than to commit PI anyways. The pass was to Pettigrew on an important down. Obviously he was going to drop it.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Seems like a pretty light Senior Bowl roster this year. Guess my boy Phil not being there anymore hurt getting players.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Multiple games were decided by refball this year. It didn't favor one team or another. Just an absolutely sloppy performance. Refs need accountability, Judgement calls need to be made with the help of the tech available instead of 60 year old eyes only, and the rules need to be clarified instead of being as vague as they are. None of this will happen, as Goodell is too busy chasing potheads.
                      There is literally no excuse not to have all calls and penalties be reviewable. We have replay, we already use it for part of the game, not using it to review penalties (when the opportunity arises, obviously) is a ridiculous and arbitrary line that is drawn on what we use replay for and what we don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

There is literally no excuse not to have all calls and penalties be reviewable. We have replay, we already use it for part of the game, not using it to review penalties (when the opportunity arises, obviously) is a ridiculous and arbitrary line that is drawn on what we use replay for and what we don't.
                        Old boys supporting old boys. Clarify the rules, and maybe put the flags away unless the penalty is particularly egregious; QB gets drilled well after the ball is thrown? Throw the flag. QB has his shoulder grazed? No. CB lands a headshot on a WR before the ball gets there? PI. CB lightly taps WR, not impeding route running in the slightest? No foul. And seriously, PI should max out at 15 yards. There is no reason 40 yard penalties should ever exist.
                        sigpic

Comment

• So nobody wants to talk draft yet?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Clarify the rules, and maybe put the flags away unless the penalty is particularly egregious; QB gets drilled well after the ball is thrown? Throw the flag. QB has his shoulder grazed? No. CB lands a headshot on a WR before the ball gets there? PI. CB lightly taps WR, not impeding route running in the slightest? No foul. And seriously, PI should max out at 15 yards. There is no reason 40 yard penalties should ever exist.
                            This. I really have nothing to add.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So nobody wants to talk draft yet?
                              I've been an even lazier prospect-watcher than usual this year, so I have nothing to contribute. I know UT isn't producing any talent worth drafting before round 4.

Comment

So nobody wants to talk draft yet?
                                Steelers talked to LSU TE Moreau. Know anything about him?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X