Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looks like the Pats and Lions can fight over Renfrow and Isabella from the Senior Bowl. Pata love them random white WRs and the Lions are basically run by the Pats at this point.

    I liked the USC OT they called short. He blocked well. Feel like the DL was getting beat more than it should have.

    McLauren or whatever his name is, the speed guy from tOSU, looks like he'll be one of those guys that pisses everybody off with too many drops.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
      Looks like the Pats and Lions can fight over Renfrow and Isabella from the Senior Bowl. Pats love them random white WRs and the Lions are basically run by the Pats at this point.

      I liked the USC OT they called short. He blocked well. Feel like the DL was getting beat more than it should have.

      McLauren or whatever his name is, the speed guy from tOSU, looks like he'll be one of those guys that pisses everybody off with too many drops.
      Didn't watch more than a quarter, but Isabella is a burner. Expected to run sub 4.4 at the combine.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

      Lol

      Comment


      • I honestly have no idea what direction the Steelers are headed. At this point there are quite a few players I'd be okay with, but the team might decide to reach on a third round safety again. Though Edmunds was ok this year. I'm just salty about them passing up on Leonard. And that Tomlin is an idiot. And that they kept Butler and Danny Smith. And that the team still has drama.
        ​​​​​​
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Finley has enough physical talent to start, but he has some physical limitations that make him more of a second-day quarterback. He is similar to a less-athletic version of Alex Smith.
          Charlie's 2nd round pick for us. Hard to get super-excited about "less-athletic Alex Smith" but we can't get blood from a stone, I suppose.
          ~

          Comment


          • My other Senior Bowl notes:

            McSorely looked like he made good decisions, but had the accuracy of an unnamed Storm Trooper shooting at a prominent character.

            I'd love the Lions to take Tyree Jackson on day 3 if they think they can short his arm motion.

            The Texas A&M DTs got a stock up.

            Zach Allen looked like he isn't a 1st rounder. Thought he didn't belong there before hand and mocks will probably start dropping him soon.

            Garret Bradbury was getting some love through out the game, but I didn't focus on him too much.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
              My other Senior Bowl notes:

              McSorely looked like he made good decisions, but had the accuracy of an unnamed Storm Trooper shooting at a prominent character.
              .
              That's McSorley in a nutshell.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                I honestly have no idea what direction the Steelers are headed. At this point there are quite a few players I'd be okay with, but the team might decide to reach on a third round safety again. Though Edmunds was ok this year. I'm just salty about them passing up on Leonard. And that Tomlin is an idiot. And that they kept Butler and Danny Smith. And that the team still has drama.
                ​​​​​​
                Glad I'm not alone anymore.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                  Glad I'm not alone anymore.
                  Most of the fanbase isn't happy with the direction of the team at this point. Neither are the minority owners or team alumni. Art 2 won't budge yet because of "stability" and "the Steelers way", whatever that means. Don't get me wrong, stability is good. But not making needed changes for no reason other than stubbornness is foolish. In reality, the system is already set up to have a scapegoat if they fail again. Keith Butler is on the last year of his deal. And because firing is mean, they simply won't renew his deal. Tomlin's deal is up the year after next. But that's shooting for the moon.

                  If they can get a solid haul for AB, this defense could definitely be improved. But it's not likely that they will be that aggressive. After all, the standard is the standard. Obviously.
                  ​​​​​​
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Future former Lions LB Trevor Bates had a not so fun time this weekend. Apparently he didn't pay a $32 cab fare and was picked up by police for it. They were going to give him a ticket and let him go after finger printing and making sure he had no warrants. Bates apparently did not want to get printed and punched a cop in the face. Cop got 3 stitches and a concussion. Great decision.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      Future former Lions LB Trevor Bates had a not so fun time this weekend. Apparently he didn't pay a $32 cab fare and was picked up by police for it. They were going to give him a ticket and let him go after finger printing and making sure he had no warrants. Bates apparently did not want to get printed and punched a cop in the face. Cop got 3 stitches and a concussion. Great decision.
                      That....wasn't smart. I have a policy to always comply with people that have badges and guns. Call me names if you must.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

                      Lol

                      Comment


                      • Brian Cushing was hired to the Texans' strength and conditioning staff. The same Brian Cushing that kept getting busted with PEDs. Maybe they are trying to beef up the OL artificially?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                          Brian Cushing was hired to the Texans' strength and conditioning staff. The same Brian Cushing that kept getting busted with PEDs. Maybe they are trying to beef up the OL artificially?
                          I'd test the **** out of that team if I were the NFL.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            Brian Cushing was hired to the Texans' strength and conditioning staff. The same Brian Cushing that kept getting busted with PEDs. Maybe they are trying to beef up the OL artificially?
                            Isn't it generally accepted that most NFL players are using PEDs to some degree? I can't imagine why else players from top level, multi-million dollar college football programs with their own strength and conditioning coaches for four years suddenly gain an additional 20 lbs of muscle once they get into the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Daniel View Post

                              Isn't it generally accepted that most NFL players are using PEDs to some degree? I can't imagine why else players from top level, multi-million dollar college football programs with their own strength and conditioning coaches for four years suddenly gain an additional 20 lbs of muscle once they get into the NFL.
                              Depends on what's on the banned substance list. I'd imagine teams have all manner of loopholes.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • How's everybody been enjoying the lovely weather? Michigan decided to make it extra fun by having the main natural gas compressor for the lower peninsula burst into flames. For a day or two everything was saying to keep you heat at or above 70 because most houses weren't designed to handle temps around -13 with wind chill below -40. Then the governor put out an emergency blast to phones asking everybody in the mitten to put their heat at 65 or lower until today to prevent the need for planned cutoffs to areas because of lack of resources due to the fire. Now we have warnings about possible floods because the temp is supposed to jump to 50 by Sunday and all the snow will melt. Good times.

                                Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                                Brian Cushing was hired to the Texans' strength and conditioning staff. The same Brian Cushing that kept getting busted with PEDs. Maybe they are trying to beef up the OL artificially?
                                Wow. That's a terrible idea. If you're going to use somebody who cheats at least pick somebody who knows how to get away with it.

                                Originally posted by Daniel View Post

                                Isn't it generally accepted that most NFL players are using PEDs to some degree? I can't imagine why else players from top level, multi-million dollar college football programs with their own strength and conditioning coaches for four years suddenly gain an additional 20 lbs of muscle once they get into the NFL.
                                It isn't necessarily just the PEDs. There are so many rules in the NCAA that the coaches, including strength and nutrition, have nowhere near the access to the players that the same coaches do in the NFL. It's also easier to get them the nutrition they need. Especially when the players can afford to have their own chefs making a specific diet just for their needs. So many college athletes have terrible nutrition habbits and didn't work out as much/hard/often as they should.

                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X