Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    I'm too busy getting ready for another off-season of Kirk's Kontract news. I'm pretty sure he's leaving, I hope it's just over with ASAP.

    P.S. I don't see that much college football during the regular season, so I don't know much about anything until mock draft season gets into full swing.
    ~
    Also, I have NO idea how to do a mock for the Redskins. I'm still put out they didn't draft Zach Cunningham.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

    Lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

      Also, I have NO idea how to do a mock for the Redskins. I'm still put out they didn't draft Zach Cunningham.
      Looks like he's done more for the Texans than Ryan Anderson has done for the Redskins. But neither are really burning up the NFL at this point, are they?
      ~

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

        Looks like he's done more for the Texans than Ryan Anderson has done for the Redskins. But neither are really burning up the NFL at this point, are they?
        ~
        I actually like Anderson more now than I did pre-draft. Just not for the Skins. Kerrigan is a stud. He's not Von Miller but he's rock solid against the run and a good PR. To me, Anderson is a force 'backer. Sort of like Jarrett Johnson was for the Ravens. He'd could be good opposite a soft speed rusher. Of course, you'd have to flop your defense based on formation, but that's a whole other discussion. And yes, I think they'd be better off with Cunningham, because I feel that Smith can do ost of that stuff that I said about Anderson, only a bit better.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

        Lol

        Comment


        • Steelers are gonna get linebackers. Duh. Though with the possibility of Shazier being done they may need a new presence in the middle. Roquan Smith would make my draft day but I doubt he'll make it to the Steelers pick. I think that they could do better than Dupree and Chick opposite of Watt but neither are exactly painful to watch, and the pass rush has been good enough with those two.

          Know what they really need? Safeties! Two of them. Upgrade Mitchell, and push Davis, either to success or special teams. The lack of talent here is why the team frequently gives up big plays (that and being in the 2-4-5 more than they should, but that's another discussion). They probably should look at Ben's successor, but they may not be in a good position to do that. Unless he retires, then it's priority numero uno. Then there's the Bell situation. It looks like there are lots of good runners in this draft, too, so if Bell leaves have Conner and ??? duke it out.

          Some good news for the Iggles: Sidney Jones is getting his debut this weekend after tearing his achilles on his pro day.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Steelers are gonna get linebackers. Duh. Though with the possibility of Shazier being done they may need a new presence in the middle. Roquan Smith would make my draft day but I doubt he'll make it to the Steelers pick. I think that they could do better than Dupree and Chick opposite of Watt but neither are exactly painful to watch, and the pass rush has been good enough with those two.

            Know what they really need? Safeties! Two of them. Upgrade Mitchell, and push Davis, either to success or special teams. The lack of talent here is why the team frequently gives up big plays (that and being in the 2-4-5 more than they should, but that's another discussion). They probably should look at Ben's successor, but they may not be in a good position to do that. Unless he retires, then it's priority numero uno. Then there's the Bell situation. It looks like there are lots of good runners in this draft, too, so if Bell leaves have Conner and ??? duke it out.

            Some good news for the Iggles: Sidney Jones is getting his debut this weekend after tearing his achilles on his pro day.
            I think they'll look for a replacement for 50, but we both know they aren't gonna move on from Dupree or Davis until the end of their rookie contracts if then. Moving on from Mitchell at FS, however, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Do we still think Bryant is gone? Because I could see them picking up another WR to go with AB and JuJu. I surprisingly expect them to keep Bell. Very un-Steelers-like, but I can't see them letting him go. Maybe a contract, maybe a tag, but I think he'll be there next season. Seems they're happy with their TE situation with the addition of McDonald, so that's likely out.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

            Lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

              I think they'll look for a replacement for 50, but we both know they aren't gonna move on from Dupree or Davis until the end of their rookie contracts if then. Moving on from Mitchell at FS, however, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Do we still think Bryant is gone? Because I could see them picking up another WR to go with AB and JuJu. I surprisingly expect them to keep Bell. Very un-Steelers-like, but I can't see them letting him go. Maybe a contract, maybe a tag, but I think he'll be there next season. Seems they're happy with their TE situation with the addition of McDonald, so that's likely out.
              Bryant is up on the air. I think he got the message to know his role and shut his mouth. Dupree's rookie deal is actually coming up soon. He hasn't been a disaster but he hasn't been particularly good, either. Davis needs a push. I wouldn't give up on him, but I think some competition would be great. Honestly the Bell situation could go either way. I think McDonald could be really good in this offense, if he could stay healthy.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

                Bryant is up on the air. I think he got the message to know his role and shut his mouth. Dupree's rookie deal is actually coming up soon. He hasn't been a disaster but he hasn't been particularly good, either. Davis needs a push. I wouldn't give up on him, but I think some competition would be great. Honestly the Bell situation could go either way. I think McDonald could be really good in this offense, if he could stay healthy.
                Dupree has been what I expected, a very good athlete that can't play football well. pSPARQ, baby! I think it's the combo of James and Mcdonald that has them comfortable with their situation there. Bryant seems to be making plays again, but whether or not that's worth the headache is, as you said, up in the air especially with JuJu really coming on. Bell, for the first time, is actually running hard and physical rather than just gliding, plus they've apparently asked him to sort of mentor/guide JuJu which says to me they want him back. The problem at safety is that other than Minkah, I don't see much at FS. Maybe Watts or the kid from Northwestern? I might take the kid from So Cal, Iman Marshall, and move him to S.

                Or am I reading things completely wrong?
                Last edited by Castiron; 12-31-2017, 10:30 AM.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                  Dupree has been what I expected, a very good athlete that can't play football well. pSPARQ, baby! I think it's the combo of James and Mcdonald that has them comfortable with their situation there. Bryant seems to be making plays again, but whether or not that's worth the headache is, as you said, up in the air especially with JuJu really coming on. Bell, for the first time, is actually running hard and physical rather than just gliding, plus they've apparently asked him to sort of mentor/guide JuJu which says to me they want him back. The problem at safety is that other than Minkah, I don't see much at FS. Maybe Watts or the kid from Northwestern? I might take the kid from So Cal, Iman Marshall, and move him to S.

                  Or am I reading things completely wrong?
                  I'm interested in a few safeties this year, including the kid from Stanford. There's a lot of off-season for these guys to build themselves up though (or take themselves apartment). Bell managed to stay healthy this year, but I'll be curious to see what his contract will look like. Whoever gets him will likely overpay. His production is hard to ignore though.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

                    I'm interested in a few safeties this year, including the kid from Stanford. There's a lot of off-season for these guys to build themselves up though (or take themselves apartment). Bell managed to stay healthy this year, but I'll be curious to see what his contract will look like. Whoever gets him will likely overpay. His production is hard to ignore though.
                    I'd really rather not get into a discussion about the anthem protests and surrounding issues. Suffice to say it matters to me much more than just being that old man yelling at clouds, and Justin Reid is Eric's brother, who has been offensively confrontational about it to say the least, so he's a guy that isn't even on my board. Do you have any other safeties that interest you? I like a few, but they're all SS, such as Quinn Blanding, Ronnie Harrison, Cole Reyes and maybe Marcus Allen.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

                    Lol

                    Comment


                    • Happy New Year! to all the remaining posters.
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • Also to Jim Caldwell, and best wishes for the job search.
                        ~

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                          I'd really rather not get into a discussion about the anthem protests and surrounding issues. Suffice to say it matters to me much more than just being that old man yelling at clouds, and Justin Reid is Eric's brother, who has been offensively confrontational about it to say the least, so he's a guy that isn't even on my board. Do you have any other safeties that interest you? I like a few, but they're all SS, such as Quinn Blanding, Ronnie Harrison, Cole Reyes and maybe Marcus Allen.
                          I don't think Justin has said or done anything regarding the protests. I'm sure we will hear about it from combine interviews. If they can ask about Dez Bryant's mom and if different players are gay, they can ask about this.

                          I will have to do some homework on the other safeties. It will probably be my most researched position, unless Ben retires.
                          ​​​​​
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Checked CBS for a mock draft look and hey...We're getting Saquon Barkley with the 14th pick overall! Thx, Chris!
                            ~

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                              Checked CBS for a mock draft look and hey...We're getting Saquon Barkley with the 14th pick overall! Thx, Chris!
                              ~
                              If Saquon lasts until 14 I'll eat my hat.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

                              Lol

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                                If Saquon lasts until 14 I'll eat my hat.
                                I know, it's a joke. But CBS is paying this guy! I'd take his job in a heartbeat.
                                ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X