#2...Dorsey or Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2...Dorsey or Long?

Now when does the contract get finished up for one of these two guys with the rams?

Well, if they take Dorsey, they'll have Carriker and Dorsey at DT and the 3-4 they ran well last year will be out of the picture. That's a good DT rotation, but they'll have absolutely nothing on the outside. James Hall and Leonard Little combined for FOUR sacks last year. Little, 34, is coming off surgery, while Hall, was cut and no one showed interest in him.

It's impossible to tell what the Rams WILL do because their drafts have been terrible over the years and they really don't seem to know what they're doing... But what the Rams SHOULD do is simple - and that's draft Long or Gholston.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

If they take dorsey they will move Carriker outside to his natural postion.

Comment

After ballooning Carriker up to 310 last year, and with Carriker coming off shoulder surgery? If they do that they will look completely foolish.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

i think they will take dorsey
          i just feel like they will do it

Comment

You could be right, I just think it would be a foolish move on their part... but their past drafts have made them look like fools, so it wouldn't be surprising.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

they'll probably take mcfadden.

Comment

I think it will be Chris Long.

He can play DE in 4-3 and bounce out to OLB in 3-4.

Comment

After I heard Jake Long was signed my intial thought was Glenn Dorsey but I am leaning towards Chris Long now

Comment

It has to be chris long. Unless they are going to run more of a 3-4 and put gholston at OLB, but they dont have much interest in him. Maybe a body double for Bulger?
                    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

"Emmitt still believe Jake Long will be the picks"
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                        I think it will be Chris Long.

He can play DE in 4-3 and bounce out to OLB in 3-4.
                        He's going to struggle getting off the edge vs. LTs though in the 4-3.

His best fit is 3-4 hybrid LB, not a 4-3 DE, but he will make an elite LDE (but you don't draft for LDE in the top 3.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                          "Emmitt still believe Jake Long will be the picks"
                          49ersfan still think you will do go job on mock.

Comment

Either way they are going to spend a pick on a defensive lineman and either way it looks like they will be playing a 4-3 defense next year. So the logic that "teams shouldn't invest too much money into one position" because of the salary cap doesn't really apply here. The team will be investing big time in their defensive line anyway, so what difference does it make whether the money is spent on two tackles, or one tackle and one end? I think the Rams go with the more talented prospect - Dorsey.

Comment

I think Long. He is less of an injury risk and more talented then Dorsey.

Comment

Working...
                              X