2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Yeah I'd figured for a while now that we'd lose Leary and Free, move in Collins and Green into those spots, and have to reload on depth/developmental guys. I've pretty much written off this season as a wash, we'll have more draft/cap capital next spring.
    With Dak in and Romo out, I suppose they can take their time and do things the right way. But, damn. I wasn't expecting this kind of blood-letting.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
      You want them to be open about trading him?? That hurts his market
      It's not happening bro.
      http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

With Dak in and Romo out, I suppose they can take their time and do things the right way. But, damn. I wasn't expecting this kind of blood-letting.
        Yeah it's been a gutting. Again, to be expected when you've got 20 UFAs, no cap room, and your backup QB has a $25M cap hit with $20M in dead money. Maybe we'll get Ware back to play 20 snaps a game
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Stephen Cohen‏Verified account @scohenPI
          Washington CB Sidney Jones, consensus first-round NFL draft prospect, leaves pro day on a cart after suffering apparent left leg injury.
          -----
          ~

Comment

• Sounds like Jones is hurt pretty badly. That's rough. I guess he shouldn't have been participating in a meaningless postseason game and just waited until his pro da-

Oh. Oh, that's awkward.

EDIT: Achilles injury. Jones is basically redshirting as a rookie. Won't go higher than Day 3 now.
            Last edited by Blue; 03-11-2017, 03:30 PM.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Blue is right

Comment

• Lol!
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Bummer for Jones. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
                  Sounds like Jones is hurt pretty badly. That's rough. I guess he shouldn't have been participating in a meaningless postseason game and just waited until his pro da-

Oh. Oh, that's awkward.

EDIT: Achilles injury. Jones is basically redshirting as a rookie. Won't go higher than Day 3 now.
                  b.s he's a 3rd round pick at the very worst. Rehabs for a year and he should be healthy for his second season.
                  Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Didn't hurt Cooks' value, and they were advertising it for a few days.
                    You wanna compare a WR value to a QB. Teams will break the bank for a QB they want.
                    Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Comment

• Broncos signed a couple of unimpressive defensive linemen because I guess Bennie Logan would've made too much sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post

b.s he's a 3rd round pick at the very worst. Rehabs for a year and he should be healthy for his second season.
                        Achilles tendon injuries aren't like ACLs. It's likely a year before he's even ready to go through training camp.

Blue is right

Comment

Achilles tendon injuries aren't like ACLs. It's likely a year before he's even ready to go through training camp.
                          Not necessarily. Guys seem to be recovering faster and more completely from Achilles recently. Steve Smith, for instance. I think it just depends on the individual.

Comment

• Jones will be a late round pick. Compare to Ifo-Ekpre Olomu, who had an ACL tear and dislocated knee went from being a 1st round pick to a 7th round flier. Sure, the injuries aren't the same, but it's probable that he goes in or after the 6th round.

Comment

• Expect to see TJ Lang announced as a Seahawk soon.

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

Not necessarily. Guys seem to be recovering faster and more completely from Achilles recently. Steve Smith, for instance. I think it just depends on the individual.
                              Tell that to Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham. I think Smith is an outlier, not the rule, and I wouldn't count on anybody having the same immediate returns. That said, Jones is a lot younger than any of those guys and that might play into his favor.

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                              Jones will be a late round pick. Compare to Ifo-Ekpre Olomu, who had an ACL tear and dislocated knee went from being a 1st round pick to a 7th round flier. Sure, the injuries aren't the same, but it's probable that he goes in or after the 6th round.
                              Ekpre-Olomu was never as good as Sidney Jones.

Blue is right

Comment

Expect to see TJ Lang announced as a Seahawk soon.

Tell that to Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham. I think Smith is an outlier, not the rule, and I wouldn't count on anybody having the same immediate returns. That said, Jones is a lot younger than any of those guys and that might play into his favor.

Ekpre-Olomu was never as good as Sidney Jones.
                                Didn't both those guys have patellar tears and not Achilles?

Comment

Working...
                                X