No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else is Chicago gonna do with all that cap room, roll it over to next year and have $100M+ like Cleveland? Make Jeffery a Top 5 WR in terms of salary and watch him miss 5 games a year? With Glennon they've got probably a 2 year out with little dead $ and he might save Fox and everyone else's jobs but will most likely cost them their jobs instead. But what else are they gonna do, give that money to DJ Fluker? Have you guys seen this free agent class?

I dunno what they plan to do at 3 but I can't blame them for not wanting to give a 4 year guaranteed deal to Trubisky or Kizer or Watson if their decision makers know they're on the hot seat
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

I'm not denying that.

I don't know why Johnny keeps defending the dumb things this team does, though.
      And here's the point where you show me that I defended not tagging Pryor or already extending him. I didn't know you you got off to people ranting and raving about their teams so much, so sorry if I don't help you get your boner up, because I'm just waiting for something to happen before I get angry about it happening.

Oh and of course, I'll argue that you don't understand the difference between comprehending a decision and agreeing with it, because a lot of times I understand what the reason they do things, but completely disagree. But of course, you can't understand things you don't agree with.

Comment

I'm not denying that.

I don't know why Johnny keeps defending the dumb things this team does, though.
        Fair enough. Browns gonna Brown.

Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
        What else is Chicago gonna do with all that cap room, roll it over to next year and have $100M+ like Cleveland? Make Jeffery a Top 5 WR in terms of salary and watch him miss 5 games a year? With Glennon they've got probably a 2 year out with little dead $ and he might save Fox and everyone else's jobs but will most likely cost them their jobs instead. But what else are they gonna do, give that money to DJ Fluker? Have you guys seen this free agent class?

I dunno what they plan to do at 3 but I can't blame them for not wanting to give a 4 year guaranteed deal to Trubisky or Kizer or Watson if their decision makers know they're on the hot seat
        You think Glennon has a better chance of saving their jobs than a rookie QB? With Glennon, you can't pitch the whole "Look, we're up and coming now, the pieces are in place." All Glennon gives you is a garbage QB to win 5 to 7 games with. Maybe you survive with seven wins. Maybe. But they already have a lot of other problems, and he's not solving them.

You win 4 games with a rookie QB that looks even remotely good and you have a better chance of keeping your job. Plus then you may have even longer security. Them being on the hot seat is exactly why they should draft a QB instead of sign Glennon.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

And here's the point where you show me that I defended not tagging Pryor or already extending him. I didn't know you you got off to people ranting and raving about their teams so much, so sorry if I don't help you get your boner up, because I'm just waiting for something to happen before I get angry about it happening.

Oh and of course, I'll argue that you don't understand the difference between comprehending a decision and agreeing with it, because a lot of times I understand what the reason they do things, but completely disagree. But of course, you can't understand things you don't agree with.
          You defended it when you got angry about me pointing out that they don't have any clue what they're doing. Why get upset over someone pointing out that Cleveland is incompetent unless you don't think Cleveland is incompetent?

I also completely don't buy the "I understand the reason even if I don't agree with it" because nothing you said about Pryor's contract situation had anything to do with Cleveland's front office. It's not like they don't have the cap space to pay him the franchise tag, lol. You'd think they would prefer that to have another "prove-it" year for Pryor before paying him big bucks. So why exactly is letting Pryor go into free agency in the best interests of the Cleveland Browns organization?
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Blue is right

Comment

If ownership knows that the scouts aren't sold on any of the QBs at 3, then they're not gonna sign off on the pick most likely. And if they make the pick anyway and he comes in and plays like trash it's not gonna save their jobs, look at the Rams. With Glennon it's a mutual decision between the coaching staff, FO, and ownership that they have 2 years to get this right which is all Fox and co. can ask for really.

Sure they can go on a spending spree for the Flukers and Dontari Poes and Barry Churches of the world, competing with the likes of JAX and CLE for their services, and hope it's enough, but I think they're better off with a few big signings at QB/OL/DB and some mid-tier ones to round out the defense, then trust the tape and take Jon Allen. They're probably screwed either way, just playing devil's advocate

Comment

This Glennon-Chicago thing wouldn't be such a big question mark if Chicago had just fired John Fox at the end of the year instead of keeping him around as a lame duck.

Blue is right

Comment

You defended it when you got angry about me pointing out that they don't have any clue what they're doing. Why get upset over someone pointing out that Cleveland is incompetent unless you don't think Cleveland is incompetent?

I also completely don't buy the "I understand the reason even if I don't agree with it" because nothing you said about Pryor's contract situation had anything to do with Cleveland's front office. It's not like they don't have the cap space to pay him the franchise tag, lol. You'd think they would prefer that to have another "prove-it" year for Pryor before paying him big bucks. So why exactly is letting Pryor go into free agency in the best interests of the Cleveland Browns organization?
                I corrected you because you were saying it was completely the Browns front office incompetence that Pryor hasn't been extended, when Rosenhaus had been more focused on making Antonio Brown the highest paid WR in the league. Then you jump to this asinine assumption that I'm arguing anything you're saying I am. I didn't say any of that ****, and I won't defend your idiocy from yourself.

Comment

This Glennon-Chicago thing wouldn't be such a big question mark if Chicago had just fired John Fox at the end of the year instead of keeping him around as a lame duck.
                  Agreed.
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

If ownership knows that the scouts aren't sold on any of the QBs at 3, then they're not gonna sign off on the pick most likely. And if they make the pick anyway and he comes in and plays like trash it's not gonna save their jobs, look at the Rams. With Glennon it's a mutual decision between the coaching staff, FO, and ownership that they have 2 years to get this right which is all Fox and co. can ask for really.

Sure they can go on a spending spree for the Flukers and Dontari Poes and Barry Churches of the world, competing with the likes of JAX and CLE for their services, and hope it's enough, but I think they're better off with a few big signings at QB/OL/DB and some mid-tier ones to round out the defense, then trust the tape and take Jon Allen. They're probably screwed either way, just playing devil's advocate
                    That's true, but realistically, at least one of the top 3 QBs is going to work out as a pro. It's their job to find out which one that is.

And I know you're just playing devil's advocate, but joint decision or not, Glennon is garbage.

Comment

Speaking of Giraffe neck, Casserly is all over him today. It's pretty laughable.

Though apparently everyone who doesn't play suddenly makes incredible strides forward *cough cough* Garoppolo *cough cough*

Comment

I thought Glennon played ok as a rookie. Idk, I mean he can't be worse than Osweiler and Houston still made the playoffs and had a 1st half lead on the SB champs. $14M/yr with an out after 2 years is not that much for a starting QB, it's less than what Elway was allegedly offering to keep Bork

edit: I know "can't be worse than Osweiler" is a bad way of looking at it, but really, where else are they spending that money. I'd rather give $14M/yr to a borderline decent QB than to a borderline Top 10 WR who's always hurt. This just isn't a great FA class and most of the top of the market guys are gonna have way too many suitors to bother getting into bidding wars over given their actual levels of performance. Everyone who can actually move the needle got franchised basically
                        Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Does Pryor have personality issues? It seemed like people didn't like him for no apparent reason

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                            Does Pryor have personality issues? It seemed like people didn't like him for no apparent reason
                            Some people may have been irked at his insistence of staying at QB. That has changed, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

I corrected you because you were saying it was completely the Browns front office incompetence that Pryor hasn't been extended, when Rosenhaus had been more focused on making Antonio Brown the highest paid WR in the league. Then you jump to this asinine assumption that I'm arguing anything you're saying I am. I didn't say any of that ****, and I won't defend your idiocy from yourself.
                              It is the Browns' incompetence that Pryor isn't under contract with them for next year because they easily could have just franchise tagged him and then worked out an extension. The agents have absolutely nothing to do with it. Congratulations on not knowing how the franchise tag works.

Blue is right

Comment

I thought Glennon played ok as a rookie. Idk, I mean he can't be worse than Osweiler and Houston still made the playoffs and had a 1st half lead on the SB champs. $14M/yr with an out after 2 years is not that much for a starting QB, it's less than what Elway was allegedly offering to keep Bork

edit: I know "can't be worse than Osweiler" is a bad way of looking at it, but really, where else are they spending that money. I'd rather give $14M/yr to a borderline decent QB than to a borderline Top 10 WR who's always hurt. This just isn't a great FA class and most of the top of the market guys are gonna have way too many suitors to bother getting into bidding wars over given their actual levels of performance. Everyone who can actually move the needle got franchised basically
                                Paying somebody almost as many millions of dollars per year as he has started games is almost always a bad idea.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Working...
                                X