2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

I really don't see how you can read "confrontation" and "needed to be shaken" and don't see that as an allegation that there was friction between the two of them, even if was just for that one occurrence.

Allen, by contrast, is not mentioned at all in that portion of the article. Breer just vaguely claims, without any actual evidence, that other people in the organization might have taken an issue with it. That could range from anyone from other players to the Washington PR staff, and for all we know, nobody cared. Breer seems to think it's "clearly" an issue but never actually states why it ought to be "clear." It's the same deal with the Cravens portion, where Breer states that some of the players were fine with it but couches the "on the other hand" portion in terms that show he has no actual proof there was even any dissent in the org.

Which I guess means my biggest issue with the piece is that Breer is dressing up pure speculation as "reporting." This probably wouldn't garner a passing grade in an upper-level journalism class.
    I'm familiar with the Breeland story because I've seen reporting of it before. Frankly, I just glossed through it because it isn't new, unlike who was advocating for keeping Cousins or not.

Most of the reporting on the Redskins is like this, because inside sources won't risk putting their names out for attribution.
    ~

Comment

• And here's some Johnathan Hankins rumors:

I was told that one of the teams on that list walked away from negotiations with Hankins when it learned his asking price was four years, $40 million with roughly $20 million guaranteed.
      ~

Comment

• ozzie wyd

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Brandon Carr to the Ravens

Mo Claiborne to the Jets
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Vikings just mailing it in at this point. 8 mil for Latavius Murray? That guy hasn't done anything good in a while.

Bleh, just skip to 2018 already so we can start over.

Comment

• Apparently Mo Wilkerson is out of shape. Great.
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                Apparently Mo Wilkerson is out of shape. Great.
                Bring back Rex!
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul have agreed to a 4-year deal expected to be about $17M/year with about $54M guaranteed, per @AdamSchefter.

Comment

• Giants expected to sign former Jets QB Geno Smith, per @JordanRaanan

Comment

• Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                      The Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul have agreed to a 4-year deal expected to be about $17M/year with about $54M guaranteed, per @AdamSchefter.
                      Untrue, apparently.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UDWJPP/st...63414334332928

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                        I saw the Schefter tweet, but now it's gone.
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                          I hope it was something JPPs people leaked just to fuck with Schefter.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• This seems like the real numbers

#Giants pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul signed a 4-year contract worth $62M base $40M gtd
                            Last edited by EL Guapo; 03-17-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I can't wait for JPP to come out and say he still hasn't signed anything haha

Comment

• Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                                This seems like the real numbers

Giants pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul signed a 4-year contract worth $62M base $40M gtd
                                Yep. Still a whopper of a contract.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8h8 hours ago
                                On his 4-yr, $62M deal worth up to $66M, Giants star JPP has a $20M signing bonus. He earns $34M within 11 mos & $49.5M over the 1st 3 yrs
                                -----
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X