Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan?

So, we've had the sheer joy (or not, maybe it's just me) of watching Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn squirm in their seats as they fall out of the top of the draft into the 20's...

Will we have the pleasure of watching Matt Ryan fake-smile good-naturedly until eventually he's led to a private back room, a la Quinn? Or will the fact that there is no other "elite" QB prospect to compete with solidify him as a top ten pick?

I'm betting (literally if you look at my mock I entered in the contest haha) so, and half-hoping that he does just for the entertainment value.

But I can also see it happening just out of practicality...
    -I would murder the Falcons front office if they drafted him with our laundry list of other more pressing needs. Harrington and Redman weren't that bad, and Shockley is developing/healing and could perhaps shine if given the chance.
    -The Chiefs I think would rather give Croyle one last chance.
    -The Ravens are definitely a likely scenario, given McNair's retirement, but Cameron passed on Quinn last year as someone said, and aside from that, an elite corner is likely to still be there at 8 i think.
    -Panthers have Delhomme for another year or two at least, and might like the idea of Moore developing behind him.
    -Bears? Giving Sexy Rexy another chance, and aside from that, they need line help from one of the tackles that'll prolly be there.
    -Lions? Possibly...but they still have another year or two from Kitna, and they drafted Stanton last year in round 2 to develop.

After this, I see Ryan going to the Vikings at 17...of course, if Atlanta takes him, then my mock is completely shattered. ...and I'll swear off the Falcons forever of course.

Butcher my post as you wish, this is just wishful thinking for the sake of drama on saturday. Aaaah, can't wait.

I think ATL will take him.
    Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

With Dorsey to the Rams (my projection) it comes to Ryan vs. Ellis for the FAlcons.

It comes down to Ryan vs. CB for the Ravens. 2nd most interesting pick in the top 10.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I think the Ravens will take him, I mean, they've only got a few years left out of their defense, so they need to act now, and get rolling while they still have a chance. Ryan could start mid way through the season.

Comment

Well waffles, is Ryan the only QB inthe draft? Is there no 2nd round where they can trade up for Brian Brohm or Joe Flacco, or even sit at their pick and wait for them?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan dropped. He is not an elite prospect, so I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like Atlanta and Baltimore decide he isn't worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Well waffles, is Ryan the only QB inthe draft? Is there no 2nd round where they can trade up for Brian Brohm or Joe Flacco, or even sit at their pick and wait for them?
              No, but in my opinion, he is the most pro-ready, and the most convinient for the Ravens.

Comment

As far as Baltimore:

Leodis McKelvin vs. Matt Ryan would be interesting.

DRC vs. Matt Ryan, probably has Matt Ryan as the winner.

If we do choose Mike Jenkins or DRC over Matt Ryan, than Ozzie Newsome is a master smoke screener.

Comment

If he makes it past Carolina then I think it will be like last year where It will be a team(Balt, Atl, KC) trading back into the first round to select him.
                  www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                    No, but in my opinion, he is the most pro-ready, and the most convinient for the Ravens.
                    Cam Cameron drafted a precision passer in John Beck over Brady Quinn.

Matt Ryan has inconsistent accuracy (which is why Cam passed on Quinn), so Newsome might listen to Cam (if he prefers Brohm or Booty more) and take a really great CB at No. 8.

But no doubt, Ryan is the frontrunner at No. 8.

Comment

I have hated the prospect of another rookie QB, but I caved in and put Ryan at #8 in my mock last week. I'm starting to think they like the prospect of Chad Henne in the second round better though.

Comment

Working...
                      X