Knee jerk Walt...I mean Mike Mayock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee jerk Walt...I mean Mike Mayock

Jerod Mayo is #8 on his big board. Wow. I thought he coudl go to the Lions at #15 if Mendenhall and Albert were off the board, but if teams are seriously giving him that high a grade, then would the Bengals consider him at #9?

They have Ahmad Brooks, but he has been average.

Just something interesting to think about. Mayo still hasn't cracked the top 30 of my big board. I make a projection and I stick to it.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Wow, he is soaring. I still think Connor is a better prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder87 View Post
      Wow, he is soaring. I still think Connor is a better prospect.
      Not in the 4-3 scheme.

Comment

lol, he wasn't even in Mike Mayock's top 5 ILBs 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          lol, he wasn't even in Mike Mayock's top 5 ILBs 2 weeks ago.
          I know I don't get it.

I have a great respect for Mayock because he is studies film, but I would have a greater respect for him if he stuck with his opinions.

What happened to Matt Ryan with the #1 pick? He wasn't even close (and you can throw Mel Kiper and Todd McShay in that pool too).

Walter and I both projected Chris Long #1, but we never changed our pick once.

It took McShay and Kiper 3 or 4 changes with their #1 pick. Walter and I never changed ours.

Say what you want about me calling Chris Long to the fins a lock. Say what you want about neither Walter nor myself agreeing with Miami just did.

But you can't say our mocks changed as much as the so-called "experts."

Though I've always disagreed with Watler, I encourage him to keep believeing Gholston is the pick, because he makes a prediction and I think he will stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Say what you want about me calling Chris Long to the fins a lock.
            I say that the big tuna had the key to that lock.
            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I am REALLY wary about guys who skyrocket this close to the draft....

any instances in recent memory where a guy's stock has soared 2 weeks before the draft and he turned out to be great?

I think most of these guys are considered busts.

If Mayo is first round talent... why didn't we know about this in February???
              NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

He was always a borderline 1st rounder, moved into a solid 1st rounder, and now top 10? I knew people were considering him in the top 10 because of need, but I didnt know he was regarded around the league as a top 10 prospect.
                Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Jerod Mayo is #8 on his big board. Wow. I thought he coudl go to the Lions at #15 if Mendenhall and Albert were off the board, but if teams are seriously giving him that high a grade, then would the Bengals consider him at #9?

They have Ahmad Brooks, but he has been average.

Just something interesting to think about. Mayo still hasn't cracked the top 30 of my big board. I make a projection and I stick to it.
                  I dont think they will think about it with ?Thurman being reinstated. Unless Thurman is in horrible shape but he was give the OK to train with the team back in January so they will know where he is at before the draft. Not unless they want Mayo to play outside linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
                    I am REALLY wary about guys who skyrocket this close to the draft....

any instances in recent memory where a guy's stock has soared 2 weeks before the draft and he turned out to be great?

I think most of these guys are considered busts.

If Mayo is first round talent... why didn't we know about this in February???
                    Darrelle Revis comes to mind.

Comment

I know I don't get it.

I have a great respect for Mayock because he is studies film, but I would have a greater respect for him if he stuck with his opinions.

What happened to Matt Ryan with the #1 pick? He wasn't even close (and you can throw Mel Kiper and Todd McShay in that pool too).

Walter and I both projected Chris Long #1, but we never changed our pick once.

It took McShay and Kiper 3 or 4 changes with their #1 pick. Walter and I never changed ours.

Say what you want about me calling Chris Long to the fins a lock. Say what you want about neither Walter nor myself agreeing with Miami just did.

But you can't say our mocks changed as much as the so-called "experts."

Though I've always disagreed with Watler, I encourage him to keep believeing Gholston is the pick, because he makes a prediction and I think he will stick with it.
                      What's wrong with changing your mind? Mayock i'm sure changes his mocks/mind on purpose all the time because 1. He studies film and talks to scouts/coaches more this late in the year 2. He has an auidence to entertain.

He isn't a scout who is supposed to find the right guy and stick to it. He's a TV personality that has to keep an auidence interested.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        He isn't a scout who is supposed to find the right guy and stick to it. He's a TV personality that has to keep an auidence interested.

Exactly. Not everything Mayock says is completely what he thinks. But it's entertaining to see shocking pics, rising prospects etc.

Comment

Yeah but if he is as great as I think he is, then he shouldn't have been so wrong on Mayo to begin with.

Comment

The way we see if these guys really know their stuff is when we read their final mocks.

Mel released a 4 round mock and it is absolutely brutal. What is this guy thinking?

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

Maybe he was 'saving' Mayo for later. He probably spreads his stuff out on purpose and intended all along to put Mayo that high or he just really liked his workouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X