Knee jerk Walt...I mean Mike Mayock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    What's wrong with changing your mind? Mayock i'm sure changes his mocks/mind on purpose all the time because 1. He studies film and talks to scouts/coaches more this late in the year 2. He has an auidence to entertain.

He isn't a scout who is supposed to find the right guy and stick to it. He's a TV personality that has to keep an auidence interested.
    But it's going from not mentioning Mayo to he's the top ILB without question.

Comment

So at first he was possibly wrong about Mayo, but he changed his view. It's nice to see, but as far as credibility, I really don't care what Mayock has until draft day.

Comment

No f***ing way. Mayo is the best ILB in the draft, but that isn't saying a ton. He is a borderline first round pick, and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
          No f***ing way. Mayo is the best ILB in the draft, but that isn't saying a ton. He is a borderline first round pick, and nothing more.
          Keith Rivers could probably hold down an ILB position in a 3-4 better.

Comment

Yes, Keith Rivers is better, but he is considered by most an OLB who can play ILB.

Comment

This may have something to do with what happened to Patrick Willis last year. He was rated a low 1st round pick and then started climbing up the boards. Then he becomes DROY at #12 to SF. Everybody is now looking to be the genius to find the next one just like him.

He's good, but I don't think he's another Willis.

Comment

I think Mayo is in the same category as Branden Albert in that scouts see progression over the course of the season. Mayo wasn't even a Butkus semifinalist, but he led the SEC in tackles and was first team all conference. I also think that people missed Mayo because Tennessee's d-line was atrocious. Now, they're watching film and see him making plays despite that. He's the polar opposite of Ali Highsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by SmilezDavis View Post
                  I think Mayo is in the same category as Branden Albert in that scouts see progression over the course of the season. Mayo wasn't even a Butkus semifinalist, but he led the SEC in tackles and was first team all conference. I also think that people missed Mayo because Tennessee's d-line was atrocious. Now, they're watching film and see him making plays despite that. He's the polar opposite of Ali Highsmith.
                  I'd wouldn't call DeMonte Bolden and Dan Williams "atrocious."
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                    This may have something to do with what happened to Patrick Willis last year. He was rated a low 1st round pick and then started climbing up the boards. Then he becomes DROY at #12 to SF. Everybody is now looking to be the genius to find the next one just like him.

He's good, but I don't think he's another Willis.
                    I think that could happen. Rivers is no Willis, but he is a damn good player.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                      Yes, Keith Rivers is better, but he is considered by most an OLB who can play ILB.
                      A la Vrabel?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        lol, he wasn't even in Mike Mayock's top 5 ILBs 2 weeks ago.
                        Now there is a perfectly good explanation for this. Mike Mayock is suffering from a brain tumor and because of this he has some memory loss. It seems Mayock completely forgot Jerod Mayo existed until just a few short weeks ago.

Actually, Mayock is probably just an idiot. Yeah... we'll go with that.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Working...
                        X