X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I went to Steelers camp. Backup QBs got the reps, and mostly looked bad. Dobbs has been throwing picks all camp, and Mason has had ball placement issues. Devlin Hodges looked better but is just the 4th string guy now.

RBs and WRs looked good. Vance and Grimble looked good at TE, but the other TEs need work. The best one of that bunch was probably their international guy. Gentry looked bad. They are using looks with Conner and Samuels on the field at the same time, too. Line appears solid. Juju looks like a beast out there.

On defense, Ola Adeniyi is probably a better option than Dupree at this point. Bush looked good in coverage, nearly coming down with a pick. He struggled in backs on backers, which is to be expected with his current skill set. He will need work there, though in the meantime VW and Barron can be the guys taking on blocks as Bush runs sideline to sideline. He was also calling the defense the whole time, impressing teammates. DL didn't get too much work during that day. Sutton Smith has a motor, and Tuzar Skipper looked good.

In the secondary, Kam Kelly was getting work with the ones with Davis out. He was an AAF pickup. Haden was Haden, Nelson looked decent, Justin Layne had a good stop, Artie actually made a play, and Hilton looked good. Cam Sutton and Brian Allen were mixed. Edmunds was there. Didn't stand out but wasn't tested much either. Apparently the kickers are neck and neck.
    sigpic

Comment

• Wow. Landon Collins threatened to blast David Gettleman if he got close during pregame. What a piece of ****.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Pretty surprised that Theo Riddick was let go last week while I was on vacation. I was expecting the Tigers to make a move, not the Lions. I thought he may not be with the team by the regular season, but that was more along the lines of trading him. Dude is a great receiving back.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised they signed Mike Daniels. If the Lions can get anything done offensively they could be interesting this year.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
          Pretty surprised that Theo Riddick was let go last week while I was on vacation. I was expecting the Tigers to make a move, not the Lions. I thought he may not be with the team by the regular season, but that was more along the lines of trading him. Dude is a great receiving back.

On the other hand, I'm not surprised they signed Mike Daniels. If the Lions can get anything done offensively they could be interesting this year.
          If he's healthy Mike Daniels will be a great signing.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Actually, season predictions can be a thing now, I think. Playoffs in bold.

AFC:

North: Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Bengals
            South: Colts, Jags, Texans, Titans
            East: Pats, Jets, Bills, Lolphins
            West: Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders

Steelers and Browns will have a good fight for the North. Ravens get exposed, Bengals are kinda rebuilding. Colts are head and shoulders above the rest of that division. Everyone else is around the same level. Pats win until they stop, though the Jets won't go away quietly. Chiefs will be a nightmare and the Chargers will be solid. Denver will be meh. Really don't understand Walt's fascination with Gruden.

NFC:

North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions
            South: Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs
            East: Eagles, Cowboys, Skins, Giants
            West: Niners, Rams, Seahawks, Cards

Lots up for debate here. The Packers and Bears are dependent on how their QBs do. If Rodgers is healthy they win the division, and if Trubes progresses the Bears get it. The South is completely up for grabs for everyone except the Bucs. Eagles will take the East but Dallas should be interesting. Skins, maybe. We will see Haskins for sure. The West is underwhelming. I'm not a big believer in SF, but I think Gurley is hurt more than he lets on and that the Rams will be exposed a bit. The Hawks are the Russell Wilson show, and that could even be enough to take care of business. The Cards? No.
            I agree with everything in the AFC. The NFC not so much.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• NFC:

North: Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions
              South: Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs
              East: Cowboys, Iggles, Giants, Skins
              West: Hawks, Rams, 49ers, Cards
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• AFC:

1. Pats
                2. Colts
                3. Chiefs
                4. Browns
                5. Steelers
                6. Chargers

NFC:

1. Eagles
                2. Packers
                3. Panthers
                4. Seahawks
                5. Rams
                6. Vikings
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Melvin Gordon wants more than $10 mil per year? You've got to be kidding me (and I love RBs).
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    Melvin Gordon wants more than $10 mil per year? You've got to be kidding me (and I love RBs).
                    I can understand why he would want to be closer to Gurley/DJ/Bell than Freeman/McKinnon, he is from a fantasy perspective. Maybe not from a talent one.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I can understand why he would want to be closer to Gurley/DJ/Bell than Freeman/McKinnon, he is from a fantasy perspective. Maybe not from a talent one.
                      He's only had one 1000 yard season.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

He's only had one 1000 yard season.
                        Same as DJ. Averages more rushing yards per game than him, too

Again it's hard for teams to just be like "but he's more talented than you" in negotiations

Comment

• If the Chargers are smart they will dump him. RBs grow on trees.

More on the Steelers: Rudolph looks...ok. Not going downfield a lot. Dobbs looks terrible. The fourth string guy Devlin Hodges looks better.

All of the RBs look good. Snell has been a monster so far. WRs look good, TEs look meh outside of Vance. They are looking hard at using 2RB looks.

OL looks good. In addition to the starting 5 the depth looks good as the Maryland duo, Finney, Chuks, and Zach Banner all look good.

DL looks great. Hargrave is killing it. Give the man more snaps, then a fat paycheck. LBs are interesting. Bush looked good in drills. Watt has been resting a hammy. Hopefully that doesn't linger. Bud is Bud. The team continues to trick itself into thinking he's good. Ola Adeniyi has been unblockable. Sutton Smith and Tuzar Skipper both look good. Barron and VW will flank Bush on the other side.

In the secondary: Haden, Hilton, and Nelson all look decent. Cam Sutton has been all around the ball, and Burns has had a good camp, as usual. Kameron Kelly looks solid in relief of Sean Davis. Edmunds has also looked good. Lots of positivity around the team right now.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Texans released Foreman. Not happy with his work ethic, it seems.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                              The Texans released Foreman. Not happy with his work ethic, it seems.
                              And the Colts picked him up for whatever reason.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• lol at my team

Zeke's missing games and/or we're wasting the tag on Dak or Amari next year and letting Byron walk. at least Garrett should be dunzo

Comment

Working...
                                X