X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys Agree in Principle to Trade for Pacman Jones

via ESPN live update
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

Apparently, in exchange for a 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick in next year's draft based on playing time.
    Last edited by dweaver44; 04-23-2008, 07:18 PM.
    Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Looks more and more like he'll be re-instated. As long as the pick is conditional I like the trade.

Comment

The Titans may have just pulled off this year's heist.

Comment

It's a conditional 4th rounder for a 6th overall pick. If he flops it probably turns into a 6th, and I would hardly call that a heist.

Comment

I believe it's a 4th this year, and next year's pick is conditional based on playing time.
          Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
            It's a conditional 4th rounder for a 6th overall pick. If he flops it probably turns into a 6th, and I would hardly call that a heist.
            a 4th this year and a conditional next year for a player who probably will never play again is pretty good.

Comment

If he plays again, he would very much be worth the risk, assuming he's anywhere near the level of play he was at before he was suspended. If he never, plays again, Dallas loses a 4th rounder. So be it, I think it's well worth the risk.
              Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

Ya, a 4th and a 6th if he flops? Whereas two 4th rounders for a solid CB and a great return man. Worth the gamble for the 6th overall pick I think.

Comment

I think he'll be reinstated. Goddell sounded like he was going to most recently.

Comment

In honor of this trade (in principal) I am playing:

Make It Rain - Fat Joe on my Itunes
                    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

heres another link

Comment

soo pac-man is in the NFC East..alright.
                        Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dweaver44 View Post
                          If he plays again, he would very much be worth the risk, assuming he's anywhere near the level of play he was at before he was suspended. If he never, plays again, Dallas loses a 4th rounder. So be it, I think it's well worth the risk.
                          "If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, the Titans will send an undisclosed 2009 draft pick back to the Cowboys." (From ESPN)

They don't necessarily lose the fourth rounder...if he doesn't play, they'll get a draft pick back. I dunno if it's a fourth-rounder, but it's good insurance for the Cowboys here.

I think the trade benefits both teams...There's insurance for the Cowboys in case he slips up, insurance for the Titans in case he plays to his potential...The Cowboys get the corner they need, and the Titans get to start fresh from that bad chapter and send him to the other division.

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post
                            "If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, the Titans will send an undisclosed 2009 draft pick back to the Cowboys." (From ESPN)

They don't necessarily lose the fourth rounder...if he doesn't play, they'll get a draft pick back. I dunno if it's a fourth-rounder, but it's good insurance for the Cowboys here.

I think the trade benefits both teams...There's insurance for the Cowboys in case he slips up, insurance for the Titans in case he plays to his potential...The Cowboys get the corner they need, and the Titans get to start fresh from that bad chapter and send him to the other division.
                            The 2009 pick is a 6th rounder if pacman doesn't play.

Comment

Working...
                            X