Falcons don't want Ryan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons don't want Ryan?

I normally post rumors in the rumor mill but this one is a big one in my mind.

Citing "a reliable league source," SI.com reports that Atlanta will likely pass on Matt Ryan at No. 3 overall even if Glenn Dorsey is off the board.

"If that's really their plan, the Falcons could try hard to move down after Dorsey goes to St. Louis (or New Orleans) or take USC DT Sedrick Ellis."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

lol, I doubt that. don't believe info coming out as week of the draft.

Founder of ScarDraft
    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Atlanta would be stupid to take a QB in the first round. Not good enough value at #3.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think I might sob uncontrollably if we take Ryan at 3.

Not. Worth. It. At. All.

Comment

it's worth it. but only if Dorsey is gone.

Founder of ScarDraft
          Writer for Drafttek

Comment

I think Sedrick Ellis is a better pick, even if Dorsey is off the board.

I just don't want to take the risk on his knees, really.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post
              I think I might sob uncontrollably if we take Ryan at 3.

Not. Worth. It. At. All.
              I agree.... he is #1 QB by default... everyone says if he were in the 2004 draft he would be the #4 QB.... not worth the third pick. Falcons have so many needs, just draft the best football player on the board.
              NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Although they shouldn't take Ryan at 3, I don't think they are smart enough to realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                  Although they shouldn't take Ryan at 3, I don't think they are smart enough to realize that.
                  Smart enough? That's harsh. There would be so many pressures on people making draft picks, and perhaps none more so than in Atlanta where their franchise QB is currently in prison. If they took a Ryan at #3 I don't think it would be a case of stupidity, just bad circumstances forcing a reach. Remember they have like 4 picks in the first 48 or so, so even if they do go QB they can still address heaps of other needs with those picks.

Comment

exactly. 4 picks in the first 48, 5 in the first 68, and 7 in the firsr 103. looks like we can address whatever needs we have after QB i nthe 2nd. If Dorsey is gone, it's theo nyl way I woudl get Ryan, and even then I'd prefer Ellis, I just don;t think the ATL FO is agreeing with me here.

Founder of ScarDraft
                    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Well, you can vice-versa that as well - we can draft a DT (or whatever else, I don't care) and then address QB later in the draft. ...Or not at all, as far as i'm concerned.

I will sob uncontrollably if we get Ryan, but I'm also confident that we prolly won't.

...the ATL FO is a brand spankin' new one Dimitroff and Smith...I'm gonna wait until after the draft to predict what they do/don't think.

Comment

Ryan probably won't go, not when there's Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, and Chris Long to pick from, with one (Or maybe none, if the Rams take Gholston) out of the three gone.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                          Ryan probably won't go, not when there's Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, and Chris Long to pick from, with one (Or maybe none, if the Rams take Gholston) out of the three gone.
                          why would we even think about long?

Founder of ScarDraft
                          Writer for Drafttek

Comment

*goes back to look at Atlanta depth chart*

*notices that there's two 1st round defensive ends*

*notices there's a 4-3 scheme in place*

Well, my new answer is because I say that Chris Long should go to the Falcons, for the entire reason of because I say so. I do not have any logic backing me up, nor do I care.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I think Ellis goes before Ryan.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                              X