Calais Campbell is a Bum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calais Campbell is a Bum

Miami of Florida DE Calais Campbell made only one pre-draft visit -- to the crosstown Dolphins' practice facility.

"I heard that can be a good thing," he said. "They don't have too many questions about you." Teams definitely have questions about Campbell, who showed up to the Combine out of shape. He's been compared to Courtney Brown.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9031848?source=rss

Lol comparison to Courtney Brown.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall into the 5th or 6th rounds. What a slob.

Comment

I'd definately take a go on him in the 3rd or 4th round.

Comment

There is no doubting his talent... while I think he's a fool for not taking this seriously, I still think teams would be crazy to not consider him in the 2nd round. He's like this year's Lendale White IMO... his stock is sliding because he's stupid, but someone will get a steal out of him as a result... because D-linemen and running backs don't really have to be smart to be good.
        sigpic
        WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
        PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
        NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
        Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
        Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
        MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
        PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
        Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
        Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
        ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
        Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
        TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
        InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
        Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
        EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
        EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
        Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
        BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
        Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
          There is no doubting his talent... while I think he's a fool for not taking this seriously, I still think teams would be crazy to not consider him in the 2nd round. He's like this year's Lendale White IMO... his stock is sliding because he's stupid, but someone will get a steal out of him as a result... because D-linemen and running backs don't really have to be smart to be good.
          There's a difference between scoring poorly on the Wonderlic and being too stupid to stay in shape and not taking the initiative to meet NFL teams. Lendale White hasn't shown to be a stellar running back so far. Maybe he's played well enough to merit his 2nd round draft status, but no more than that.

I wouldn't touch Calais Campbell until the third round. He's lucky there's a major drop off in the quality of defensive ends. If he slips to the third, maybe the fourth round, it could serve as a wakeup call to the kid. I firmly believe if he had a work ethic and wasn't a lazy slob, he could be better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

for a while he has been my #1 bust prediction.

the type of guy who without much effort can do well in college... sucks in the pros.
            NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Maurice Clarett, anyone?

Comment

Some team's going to spend a late 2nd-rounder on him and regret it later on.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

What a shame. This cat went from being considered the top defensive end to a clown.

Comment

That's the kind of thing that an agent handles. This kid may be getting some bad advice. He will definitely be selected first day; professional teams can motivate players much more effectively than in college or before the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      There's a difference between scoring poorly on the Wonderlic and being too stupid to stay in shape and not taking the initiative to meet NFL teams. Lendale White hasn't shown to be a stellar running back so far. Maybe he's played well enough to merit his 2nd round draft status, but no more than that.
                      You just be nice to my man Lendale White. Didn't he rack up over 1,100 yards last season. More than Reggie Bush.

Comment

lol, Sporting News is so high on him. They think he's as good, if not better than Gholston.

Comment

There were similar concerns about Alex Brown coming out, he slid to RD4 and has been pretty solid so far. He wasnt out of shape, but had work ethic questions.
                          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                            lol, Sporting News is so high on him. They think he's as good, if not better than Gholston.
                            The Sporting News draft mag is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                              The Sporting News draft mag is a joke.
                              That's true. They are really bad writers who know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X