Dewayne Robertson to the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewayne Robertson to the Broncos

According to PFT it is Schefter who broke the story and he is seldom wrong as we have learned....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...bag-robertson/
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Man what a great trade for Denver. No chance they trade up for Sedrick Ellis now, which frees up the Saints to make a move...the Saints have to make a move with the Ravens now if Ellis falls past KC.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Dewayne Robertson will do much better outside of the 3-4. Great trade for Denver. Even better trade for Robertson.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Late round conditional pick?

Man the Jets are so stupid. They got ripped off for both Roberston and Vilma.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Robertson isn't anything special, Matt. A late pick is all he is worth.

Comment

Great trade for the broncos. Agreed nothing special but he will really help the broncos run defense

Comment

Hooray for run defense!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Late round conditional pick?

Man the Jets are so stupid. They got ripped off for both Roberston and Vilma.
                They did what they could, and considering the circumstances? Robertson was going to get cut. The Broncos could have snapped him up the instant he hit FA. Vilma wasn't much better.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                  Hooray for run defense!!!
                  Amen, I'm guessing by your sig your a Denver fan, or as Emmitt might call it "The windy city, so to speak". Hopefully they restructure his contract with this whole thing to something reasonable. Dewayne though he never perhaps lived up to his #4 status is still a definite upgrade over any DT on the roster and you'd be hard pressed to argue that you'd get the same value with a late round pick in a draft now.

I don't want to commit to early, because often these things backfire, but it looks at the moment like Denver may have gotten 50 cents in the dollar for this one, or as Emmitt would say "50 pennies for a quarter".

Comment

great pick up, 3-4 was jus killin him..
                    Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Vilma was a stud in the 4-3 and robertson would be very good, why did the jets trade these players, why not just change to a 4-3 until they got the personel in place for a 3-4? Mangini screwed the pooch on that one.
                      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

People forget that Robertson was pretty much a bust before The Jets went to the 3-4, at least considering he was a 4th overall pick. The Jets were going to release him anyway, so anything they get for him is a bonus.

Comment

Robertson Played the 1 T in NY and a lot of times good DT’s don’t work out there and seem to go away. He might have been miss cast in his roll. He should have better success playing the 3 T in Denver.
                          Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

The conditional pick can escalade up to a 2nd rounder in 2009 based on playing time. Doubt it ever goes higher than a 4th. Great trade for the Jets they were going to cut his ass anyway.
                            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Any one else realize the Jets have been loading up on 2009 draft picks?

They have a possible 2nd or 3rd for Vilma based on if he re-signs with NO in 2009.

A 4th rounder from Redskins for Pete Kendall

and now a conditional pick for Robertson.

Talk about thinking for the future.
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                              X