X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Update on this from the Denver Post.

The Jets may receive nothing from the Dwayne Robertson trade with the Broncos.

"Robertson flunked the Broncos' physical, but the team decided he was worth the risk. If Robertson plays in less than 65 percent of the defensive plays in 2008, the Jets will not receive a 2009 pick. They will get a third-rounder if he does make 65 percent, but the Broncos eight-man rotation and Robertson's bulky knee make that scenario unlikely."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9054630

Sucks for Jets fans because I doubt he plays 65% of the D snaps. At least that's 8 million off the books for this year.

Leave a comment:

• noidroid
    replied
    Man what a great trade for Denver. No chance they trade up for Sedrick Ellis now, which frees up the Saints to make a move...the Saints have to make a move with the Ravens now if Ellis falls past KC.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this trade, one less team trying to trade up for Ellis. CAR moving up to #7/8 for him is my dream scenario, I'm sure NO is thinking the same thing right now.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Any one else realize the Jets have been loading up on 2009 draft picks?

They have a possible 2nd or 3rd for Vilma based on if he re-signs with NO in 2009.

A 4th rounder from Redskins for Pete Kendall

and now a conditional pick for Robertson.

Talk about thinking for the future.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    The conditional pick can escalade up to a 2nd rounder in 2009 based on playing time. Doubt it ever goes higher than a 4th. Great trade for the Jets they were going to cut his ass anyway.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Robertson Played the 1 T in NY and a lot of times good DT’s don’t work out there and seem to go away. He might have been miss cast in his roll. He should have better success playing the 3 T in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    People forget that Robertson was pretty much a bust before The Jets went to the 3-4, at least considering he was a 4th overall pick. The Jets were going to release him anyway, so anything they get for him is a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    Vilma was a stud in the 4-3 and robertson would be very good, why did the jets trade these players, why not just change to a 4-3 until they got the personel in place for a 3-4? Mangini screwed the pooch on that one.

Leave a comment:

• bwest36
    replied
    great pick up, 3-4 was jus killin him..

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
    Hooray for run defense!!!
    Amen, I'm guessing by your sig your a Denver fan, or as Emmitt might call it "The windy city, so to speak". Hopefully they restructure his contract with this whole thing to something reasonable. Dewayne though he never perhaps lived up to his #4 status is still a definite upgrade over any DT on the roster and you'd be hard pressed to argue that you'd get the same value with a late round pick in a draft now.

I don't want to commit to early, because often these things backfire, but it looks at the moment like Denver may have gotten 50 cents in the dollar for this one, or as Emmitt would say "50 pennies for a quarter".

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Late round conditional pick?

Man the Jets are so stupid. They got ripped off for both Roberston and Vilma.
    They did what they could, and considering the circumstances? Robertson was going to get cut. The Broncos could have snapped him up the instant he hit FA. Vilma wasn't much better.

Leave a comment:

• phenomenal_waffles
    replied
    Hooray for run defense!!!

Leave a comment:

• Vikings_Domo
    replied
    Great trade for the broncos. Agreed nothing special but he will really help the broncos run defense

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Robertson isn't anything special, Matt. A late pick is all he is worth.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Late round conditional pick?

Man the Jets are so stupid. They got ripped off for both Roberston and Vilma.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Dewayne Robertson will do much better outside of the 3-4. Great trade for Denver. Even better trade for Robertson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X