• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Reasons Not To Draft Matt Ryan

Found this interesting:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2008/04/2...ake-matt-ryan/
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I don't like the idea of listing names of draft busts to use as ammunition but agree with this one:

06 - Our line stinks, and might be full of rookies. KC fans have no patience & will want Ryan playing.

That's the biggest reason they shouldn't draft Matt Ryan.

Comment

My only gripe is how he is questioning the 19 interceptions Matt Ryan threw. Ryan averaged like, 1 INT for every 34 passes, which is comparable to most top tier QB's in this draft. Plus, the OC for Boston College could have effectively e-mailed the DC for opposing teams with this message.

"Matt Ryan will throw the ball a lot. Shut down Matt Ryan, and you win."

That was their offensive game plan every single time. Considering that every defense in the ACC knew that, he did okay.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

What's more interesting is that their poll to the right "Who is the best player in this draft?" has Jake Long as the top choice. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          My only gripe is how he is questioning the 19 interceptions Matt Ryan threw. Ryan averaged like, 1 INT for every 34 passes, which is comparable to most top tier QB's in this draft. Plus, the OC for Boston College could have effectively e-mailed the DC for opposing teams with this message.

That was their offensive game plan every single time. Considering that every defense in the ACC knew that, he did okay.
          Every team in the NFL knew Tom Brady was going to throw a lot. Shut down Tom Brady, and you win. The result was 50 TDs and 8 INTs. Or 1 INT in every 72.25 pass attempts. I'm not saying Ryan has to be as good as Brady to be a great QB in this league. But Brady was chosen in the 6th round and Ryan isn't nearly the prospect that past top QB choices (who failed) were.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
            Every team in the NFL knew Tom Brady was going to throw a lot. Shut down Tom Brady, and you win. The result was 50 TDs and 8 INTs. Or 1 INT in every 72.25 pass attempts. I'm not saying Ryan has to be as good as Brady to be a great QB in this league. But Brady was chosen in the 6th round and Ryan isn't nearly the prospect that past top QB choices (who failed) were.
            And in the games that Tom Brady was stifled, Laurence Maroney ran them over. Not quite the same. He still was a factor in Defensive Coordinator's game plans.

Tom Brady said it himself: Part of his success was from not having the pressure to succeed as a 1st round pick.

Brady also managed to spend an entire season on the bench learning the system. There's also the obvious "Every draft analyst on the planet really screwed up in their analysis here", but there's no guarantee that Brady wouldn't have succeeded if he was a top 10 pick either.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Laurence Maroney is so god awful. Why did he run backwards on that 3rd and 1 in the superbowl?

Comment

I have no idea. But he did absolutely maul teams later on in the season. The Giants were the only team to stop him in the last six games or so.
                - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I have no idea. But he did absolutely maul teams later on in the season. The Giants were the only team to stop him in the last six games or so.
                  Miami- 32nd against run
                  Jets- 29th against run
                  Giants- 46 yards on 19 attempts
                  Jaguars- Had no defensive gameplan.
                  Chargers- Wasn't that bad.
                  Giants- Ran backwards on third and 1.

His game basically broke down to running over nickelbacks. (I think he'd prefer to run around.)

Comment

Okay let's get back on topic here (Maroney has nothing to do with Ryan-Chiefs).

Someone please go do all the television experts and show them this article. I'm sorry but we've been saying it all along that Ryan will not be a Chiefs...no way.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

yeah and I will add to that by saying and who was he Throwing to?

Not only is he a Good QB prospect, but he is a solid person as well.
                      Matt Ryan has handled all the rumors leading up to the draft of his
                      supposed “fall from Grace” quite well. I think he is going to make a fine account for him self no matter were he is drafted on Saturday.

How many INT's did Brett Farve throw on the average / year? (17) that Rhetoric is getting old in my opinion.
                      Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                        Thats about the worst comparison i have ever heard.

You can't just shut tom brady down. To do that , first you have to shut Randy Moss down, because as long as he is on the field, your not going to shut Brady down. Second you have to shut all their other receivers down. Third you have to generate a strong pass rush, only after you have done those 3 things do you have a chance of shutting Brady down. Then even after that you have to worry about Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk and anyone else they lined up behind Brady, because New England's O-line was good enough to pretty much let anyone they through back there run all over their opponents.

A more appropriate comparison would have been the Detroit Lions. If you shut down their passing game they folded with ease, and half way through the season everyone knew how to shut them down.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          Laurence Maroney is so god awful. Why did he run backwards on that 3rd and 1 in the superbowl?
                          He is retarded. He must have gotten a 7 on the wonderlick like Vince Young.

Comment

Way to stay on topic... Im sticking to it. The chiefs will draft Matt Ryan if they dont trade down

Comment

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
                              Way to stay on topic... Im sticking to it. The chiefs will draft Matt Ryan if they dont trade down
                              Behind what line? They'd pay top 5 money to a guy who will get sacked to hell and back. That'd be fine if there were quality receivers (See: Detroit Lions), but beyond Dwayne Bowe and an ancient Tony Gonzalez, there's nothing.
                              - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Working...
                              X