X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's 2008 Final NFL Mock Draft - Updated 4/25

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008matt.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I like the fact that he doesnt have us picking a TE with our first 3 picks.
    I think we can get a reliable TE later.

Comment

Never saw the Lofton to the Niners pick coming. It was a great choice though. Willis and Lofton would be a scary pair.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I do not disagree one bit with the Balmer...I have gone back and forth and him going 10, which is high, but they are desperate

Comment

i read someplace that thompson won't take a corner who is shorter than 5 10. and even if they're close to it they better be pretty good. he likes the taller ones, with nice long arms.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            i read someplace that thompson won't take a corner who is shorter than 5 10. and even if they're close to it they better be pretty good. he likes the taller ones, with nice long arms.
            Man I just Love your Avatar.
            Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

I don't like Balmer at 10 with DRC on the board. Houston's pick is by far your worst though. They're hoping that Chris Williams falls to them, and he does, but you grab a WR which they don't need, and it isn't even good value.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                I don't like Balmer at 10 with DRC on the board. Houston's pick is by far your worst though. They're hoping that Chris Williams falls to them, and he does, but you grab a WR which they don't need, and it isn't even good value.
                Wow so you mean team's always make the best pick in the draft?

Which draft do you watch every year NNC?
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

No, but after watching Houston pass on Bush for Williams I have a little faith in them. They love Walter, and they'll at least give him a shot to see if he can be consistent as a #2.

Comment

No, but after watching Houston pass on Bush for Williams I have a little faith in them. They love Walter, and they'll at least give him a shot to see if he can be consistent as a #2.
                    LOL if you think that, then you don't know much about the Draft.

Comment

Uh, care to explain that?

Comment

Agreed, I can't see the Texans passing on Chris Williams, but I don't even think he makes it there.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Uh, care to explain that?
                          Here is what I wrote last year in April before the Draft.

The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame the Texans for drafting Mario Williams

This is my version of ESPN's "Top 5 Reasons you can't blame..." spotlighting the Houston Texans selecting Mario Williams #1 overall in the 2006 draft. I am going to start out with my "best of the rest" reasons that didn't make the top 5.

Best of the Rest:
                          -Reggie Bush controversey. Yahoo! reported Reggie Bush's family accepted money from boosters and agents prior to him living USC. The Texans didn't want a player within their organization that would be a bad reflection on the franchise.

-Vince Young's bust factor. We still don't know about Vince Young. Yeah, he made a few highlight reels last season, but his pass accuracy was average and he lacked the foundation for being a passing QB in the NFL. History says mobile QBs don't win consistently in the NFL.

Reason #5:
                          Domanick Davis
                          The Texans had just signed Domanick Davis to a multi-million dollar deal. Why draft Reggie Bush #1 overall and pay him a ton of money as well? You would be investing way too much money into one position. Davis had shown he had the talent to be a good RB in the NFL. Also, they had Vernand Morency backing up Davis who showed promise.

Reason #4:
                          The Colts
                          If you want to win the AFC South, then you are going to need a pass rush to stop Peyton Manning. Beating the Colts is the key to winning the division. The Texans had no great talent to speak of in their front 7. Drafting Mario Williams provides great potential to win the division as opposed to drafting a QB or RB.

Reason #3:
                          Reggie Bush didn't fit their offense
                          Bush is a run outside-the-tackles, receiving threat type of RB much like Brian Westbrook. The Texans are looking for a RB that can pound it between the tackles much like a Cadillac Williams. The Zone Blocking Scheme (ZBS) is designed for the RB to make a decision at the line of scrimmage as to where they want to run the football. Bush failed to meet the profile of the player the Texans were looking for.

Reason #2:
                          Mario Williams' talent
                          The casual football fan hadn't heard of Mario Williams like they have heard about Reggie Bush through the media hyping super-power known as ESPN. Mario Williams was an elite football prospect with his combination of size, speed, athleticism, and upside. Mel Kiper quoted, "Mario Williams is as talented a player as you will ever find in the draft."

Reason #1:
                          The premium on Defensive Ends
                          Teams have started to realize how premium a position DE is in the National Football League. The pass rush is so important to a defense's success. No pass rush, all the time and confidence it gives a QB to throw, and then you give up big plays. A pass rush equals turnovers and big defensive plays. If you want to win the Super Bowl, then you need a pass rush. Say you want about the Colts, but their defense stepped up when they needed it to the most.

Comment

Great post Matt, and here's what I said...

THIS MEANS... Since they made a good move taking Williams I expect them to make another good move and not draft a WR.

So in your own words, if you criticized me for saying that and then posted something agreeing with what I said "LOL if you think that, then you don't know much about reading."

Comment

Oh I took it as since you had little faith in the Texans passing up on Bush for Williams, then that means you don't think they are very good in the Draft. Complete misunderstanding, but you should have elaboarated more on your point because when people say "little faith" that is usually a negative statement.

Still, as you know, a team's draft range widens as the draft goes on. The #1 pick is much different than the #18 pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X