Jeremy Shockey traded to New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Shockey traded to New Orleans

According to Chris Mortensen he's headed to the Saints for a 2nd round pick and other picks

2nd and 4th I would imagine, seems pretty fair

Comment

It turns out that he actually wanted out and while I really like him and wanted more, its the best offer we were going to get. No point playing guys who's heart isnt in it.

Comment

So, who do the Giants take with those picks? Do they get a h-back type, like Dustin Keller, or a true old-school TE like John Carlson.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
          So, who do the Giants take with those picks? Do they get a h-back type, like Dustin Keller, or a true old-school TE like John Carlson.
          Look at a more balanced guy like John Carlson later IMO. Kenny Phillips is top of our board apparently with Quentin Groves just behind.

I think we trade up in this draft after our first pick.

Comment

I say they take a blocking TE on the 2nd day, with Kevin Boss proving to be an excellent passing weapon

Comment

I think it would be smart for the Saints to trade down and go Balmer.
              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke #28 View Post
                I say they take a blocking TE on the 2nd day, with Kevin Boss proving to be an excellent passing weapon
                Hes not excellent, average tbh, but obviously should improve being an intially pretty raw player and very young of course.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                  Hes not excellent, average tbh, but obviously should improve being an intially pretty raw player and very young of course.
                  Yeah, he's not excellent, problem is whenever I think of Boss I now think of that catch in that super bowl with like 20 YACs. Kind of hard to imagine anyone as "average" after being part of that, even though Tyree will never do anything in his NFL career again.

Comment

I'm sorry to see Shockey go, but if we're getting a 2nd & 4th this weekend, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Interresting. The question is Can he stay healthy?
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                        Interresting. The question is Can he stay healthy?
                        Shockey has had one serious injury in the pros, these so called huge injury concerns for him are laughable.

Comment

Drew Brees gets the tight end he needed quite a bit last year.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Good for New Orleans. I imagine Shockey will make a difference for them.

Comment

Maybe Craig Stevens from CAL in the 4th (or lower).

Not the physical tools of a Shockey, but 100% pure heart.
                              sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                              Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Working...
                              X