No announcement yet.

The Official 2008 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe Chicago didn't take a QB. Their fans will be tearing their hair out a month into the season.

Comment

• Looks good in that Lions hat

Comment

• Wow. Bears and Chiefs should have taken a QB. Chiefs still can, hope they do.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

• Buffalo got a great Reciever in Steve Johnson.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

• BUFFALO GOT STEVE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow what a steal.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              With that quote, it's very obvious you never seen him play because he got murdered in his sophomore and junior year, and it the pass protection was average as a senior.

SO HOW COME MATT RYAN WAS SCARED TO SHOW UP AT THE SENIOR BOWL? BROHM?

Stop being biased.
              (Didn't see you said this till Joey Quoted it)
              Sorry, his senior year, they year that had him as a possible first round pick, he had all day to throw especially in the first half of the season.

Why would Matt Ryan go to the Senior Bowl? The kid was locked as the first overall QB, no need to possibly get hurt. Brohm? I can't answer that, maybe his agent can, and I'm sure he regrets it given how late he went.

I liked Woodson a lot.... in the first half of the season. How come he progressivly got worse throughout the year? After the LSU game he played great and lit up Florida, but then his production declined. All of a sudden this kids line doesn't protect him all day and he's throwing picks every game. A QB that wears down and declines during the year in college isn't encouraging on an NFL scale where they play more games and in worse conditions.

Accuracy is a huge factor. Occasionally a QB will have a nitch (Eli Manning misses high, Big Ben throws behind his WRs, Vince Young misses in lots of directions) Andre Woodson misses in all sorts of different directions. A Wideout can adjust to the ball on Ben or Eli because they know their tendancy, but the inconsistency of a QB like Woodson hurts not only the QB, but the WR.

He doesn't secure the ball in the pocket. He doesn't have great mobility which wouldn't be a big deal, but he doesn't feel the rush well either.

Comment

• Also, how am I biased? I don't have any emotional connection to a QB in this draft. I don't hate Andre Woodson, I don't think he's the second coming of Tom Brady and I try to bring people down to earth, but I don't dislike him. I don't go to the same college as any QB in this draft. How am I biased?

Comment

• Steve is my Marques Colston.

Comment

• Wow
                    Hillis To Denver

Lucky Broncos

Great Pick

Steal

Comment

• Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      Sorry, his senior year, they year that had him as a possible first round pick, he had all day to throw especially in the first half of the season.

Why would Matt Ryan go to the Senior Bowl? The kid was locked as the first overall QB, no need to possibly get hurt. Brohm? I can't answer that, maybe his agent can, and I'm sure he regrets it given how late he went.

I liked Woodson a lot.... in the first half of the season. How come he progressivly got worse throughout the year? After the LSU game he played great and lit up Florida, but then his production declined. All of a sudden this kids line doesn't protect him all day and he's throwing picks every game. A QB that wears down and declines during the year in college isn't encouraging on an NFL scale where they play more games and in worse conditions.

Accuracy is a huge factor. Occasionally a QB will have a nitch (Eli Manning misses high, Big Ben throws behind his WRs, Vince Young misses in lots of directions) Andre Woodson misses in all sorts of different directions. A Wideout can adjust to the ball on Ben or Eli because they know their tendancy, but the inconsistency of a QB like Woodson hurts not only the QB, but the WR.

He doesn't secure the ball in the pocket. He doesn't have great mobility which wouldn't be a big deal, but he doesn't feel the rush well either.
                      I don't disagree with many of your negatives, and you know my biggest knock is his accuracy. Get him with a QBs coach, help him with that release, and I think we will see the accuracy improve. It is like changing a hitters' swing in baseball which is beneficial to him a lot of the time.

Woodson got worse as the season went on because the OL couldn't hold up and the defense didn't give him many chances. But when you look at his game against Florida State and his comeback against Tennessee we can throw the "got worse as the season went on" out the window.

His team lost games, mainly because of their third down defense.

RYAN GOT WORSE AS THE SEASON WENT ON TOO!!!!!!!! ****ING BIAS

Comment

• Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post

Sorry but I have to jump in here. NNC that is why I said early on to sit him for 8 weeks to a year to fix a few things with his game. As much as I dont like that he will be sitting for two or three years it may be benifical to him to fix small those problems with mechanics.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                          I can't believe Chicago didn't take a QB. Their fans will be tearing their hair out a month into the season.
                          So I finally decided to join this great site

As A bears fan I can tell you I have been tearing out my hair since Round 5. Many others are tearing there hair out on the bears forum since round 3.

A CB before Roy shcherling (Sp) when we have enough CBs. Then we take a TE when its the most solid part of our offense. Then we take a DE when we don't need a DE.

Simply awesome. Oh and then we draft someone named Chester Adams, OL from Georgia...who I have never even heard of

BTW I thought for sure the bears we gonna try to jump up and grab Woodsen in the 6th. What are we waiting for? We have 2 QB's on the roster and like 1 gillion corners.

EDIT: Oh I almost forget we passed Carl Nick as well!
                          Last edited by J Snazzy; 04-27-2008, 05:47 PM.
                          Chicago Bears
                          Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

Comment

• Who is DE Alex Hall from Null?

Comment

• Anyone think Radovich is getting drafted. He played at the school my freinds go to (Mission High School where sanchez played). I wonder if my bears will go after him.
                              Chicago Bears
                              Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Snazzy View Post
                                So I finally decided to join this great site

As A bears fan I can tell you I have been tearing out my hair since Round 5. Many others are tearing there hair out on the bears forum since round 3.

A CB before Roy shcherling (Sp) when we have enough CBs. Then we take a TE when its the most solid part of our offense. Then we take a DE when we don't need a DE.

Simply awesome. Oh and then we draft someone named Chester Adams, OL from Georgia...who I have never even heard of

BTW I thought for sure the bears we gonna try to jump up and grab Woodsen in the 6th. What are we waiting for? We have 2 QB's on the roster and like 1 gillion corners.

EDIT: Oh I almost forget we passed Carl Nick as well!

Well next season we will kick your asses

Comment

Working...
                                X