No announcement yet.

The Official 2008 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think his weird release hurt his draft stock. He is similar to Byron Leftwich in that department.
    "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
    -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
      I think his weird release hurt his draft stock. He is similar to Byron Leftwich in that department.
      HIs release and Byron leftwich's are nothing alike.

The release is so overrated.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

• Release is overrated, but it is still a problem. That doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but it still is a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          HIs release and Byron leftwich's are nothing alike.

The release is so overrated.
          Obviously, cause why else would he not be taken in round 1. Homer.

you are right, his release isnt like Byrons. Byron's looks lightning quick compared to Dre. ooohhh canada!
          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

• He is similar to Byron Leftwich because thy both have awkward releases that cause them to have trouble getting rid of the ball quick enough. I did not mean that the releases of the two QB's were actually similar. How is release over rated? If you have a slow release you will be sacked. If you are sacked you will get hurt. If you get hurt you will not succeed.
            "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
            -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

• If release was so easily fixed it would have been done so already.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                If release was so easily fixed it would have been done so already.
                LOL, you have to be kidding me. He just got drafted a month ago.

Comment

• Uh, he did play college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
                    He is similar to Byron Leftwich because thy both have awkward releases that cause them to have trouble getting rid of the ball quick enough. I did not mean that the releases of the two QB's were actually similar. How is release over rated? If you have a slow release you will be sacked. If you are sacked you will get hurt. If you get hurt you will not succeed.
                    John Beck got sacked a lot last year and he had a lightening quick release.

Plus, we are talking about a 0.1 seconds of a difference, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Uh, he did play college football.
                      They didn't work on his release at Kentucky after they changed his mechanics the first time where he made drastic improvements.

Comment

Uh, he did play college football.
                        In college football you can get by excelling in certain areas. This also serves to hide your weaknesses in others. Remember when idiot wannabe scouts were saying Colt Brennan could be a first-round pick back in December?

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

• Yep, and if it's easily fixed then they would do it in college. If it isn't easily fixed they just disguise it.

Comment

Working...
                          X