Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Yep, and if it's easily fixed then they would do it in college. If it isn't easily fixed they just disguise it.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    Uh, he did play college football.
    In college football you can get by excelling in certain areas. This also serves to hide your weaknesses in others. Remember when idiot wannabe scouts were saying Colt Brennan could be a first-round pick back in December?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    They didn't work on his release at Kentucky after they changed his mechanics the first time where he made drastic improvements.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
    He is similar to Byron Leftwich because thy both have awkward releases that cause them to have trouble getting rid of the ball quick enough. I did not mean that the releases of the two QB's were actually similar. How is release over rated? If you have a slow release you will be sacked. If you are sacked you will get hurt. If you get hurt you will not succeed.
    John Beck got sacked a lot last year and he had a lightening quick release.

Plus, we are talking about a 0.1 seconds of a difference, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    If release was so easily fixed it would have been done so already.
    LOL, you have to be kidding me. He just got drafted a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    If release was so easily fixed it would have been done so already.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Leaf
    replied
    He is similar to Byron Leftwich because thy both have awkward releases that cause them to have trouble getting rid of the ball quick enough. I did not mean that the releases of the two QB's were actually similar. How is release over rated? If you have a slow release you will be sacked. If you are sacked you will get hurt. If you get hurt you will not succeed.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    HIs release and Byron leftwich's are nothing alike.

The release is so overrated.
    Obviously, cause why else would he not be taken in round 1. Homer.

you are right, his release isnt like Byrons. Byron's looks lightning quick compared to Dre. ooohhh canada!

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Release is overrated, but it is still a problem. That doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but it still is a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
    I think his weird release hurt his draft stock. He is similar to Byron Leftwich in that department.
    HIs release and Byron leftwich's are nothing alike.

The release is so overrated.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Leaf
    replied
    I think his weird release hurt his draft stock. He is similar to Byron Leftwich in that department.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
    I know how to not take risks throwing the ball so should I be a 3rd round pick? Woodson lacks physical skills that are necessary at the pro level. He also stares down his receivers which, while you can get away with it in college, you can't in the pros.
    lol lacks physical skills? Have you ever seen his arm?

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    I never said it was the end all be all. I just think it is a measure we can use to determine decision making in the pros.

Woodson was one of the best decision maker in all of college football last year. He simply doesn't take big risks throwing the ball as often as others do.

325...tha'ts a fact.
    Dilfer had what like 225 or something? That's my point. Not like it means much, the best decision maker in college football is all of a sudden throwing picks to 4th and 5th round picks against the scout team defense.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    I never said it was the end all be all. I just think it is a measure we can use to determine decision making in the pros.

Woodson was one of the best decision maker in all of college football last year. He simply doesn't take big risks throwing the ball as often as others do.

325...tha'ts a fact.
    I know how to not take risks throwing the ball so should I be a 3rd round pick? Woodson lacks physical skills that are necessary at the pro level. He also stares down his receivers which, while you can get away with it in college, you can't in the pros.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X