Matt Ryan #3 (ACC)
    Joe Flacco #18 (D1AA)
    Brian Brohm 2nd Big East
    Chad Henne 2nd Big Ten
    Kevin O'Connel 3rd I have no idea what conference SDSt is in
    JD Booty 5th Pac 10

Andre Woodson SEC

NOT A COINCIDENCE.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-27-2008, 12:46 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Was Woodson get drafted yet
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
    Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
    Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

"Kevin O'Connel 3rd I have no idea what conference SDSt is in"

lol i like O'Connel
      Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
        "Kevin O'Connel 3rd I have no idea what conference SDSt is in"

lol i like O'Connel
        Yeah but how good would he be vs. the SEC? Until you have seen those defenses up close, you really have no idea what speed looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by KClemens2008 View Post
          Was Woodson get drafted yet
          Yes, Woodson has now been drafted. He was taken by the Giants. I hated to see this, I'm certain that he could have started over Grossman in Chicago.

Comment

You forgot Colt Brennan Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon in the QB's drafted before Woodson. But the potential number 1 QB next year could be from the SEC (Tebow or Stafford)

Comment

Dennis Dixon was a huge surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Matt Ryan #3 (ACC)
                Joe Flacco #18 (D1AA)
                Brian Brohm 2nd Big East
                Chad Henne 2nd Big Ten
                Kevin O'Connel 3rd I have no idea what conference SDSt is in
                JD Booty 5th Pac 10

Andre Woodson SEC

NOT A COINCIDENCE.
                Not a coincidence or not a good QB? Eli Mannings draft status was ok coming out of the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                  Not a coincidence or not a good QB? Eli Mannings draft status was ok coming out of the SEC.
                  Who is Eli Manning related to?
                  Who is Andre Woodson related to?

Plus, I don't think Andre is a top 5 draft pick. Eli was a much better QB than Andre coming out.

I mean I could make the same argument about Jamarcus Russell, but he had an arm regarded as the best in the NFL before he was even drafted.

Comment

SEC isn't a death sentence for a QB. Like you said, look at JaMarcus Russell. Stafford and Tebow are considered 1st round picks next year.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      SEC isn't a death sentence for a QB. Like you said, look at JaMarcus Russell. Stafford and Tebow are considered 1st round picks next year.
                      Stafford hasn't done anything worthy of a first round draft pick. Show me what he did. Please. I'm begging everyone to show me why Stafford is worth a first round draft pick.

Comment

Also: LSU, UGA, & UF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kentucky

The offensive lines on those teams compared to Kentucky don't compare, but UK had better receivers last year.

Comment

Stafford hasn't done anything worthy of a first round draft pick. Show me what he did. Please. I'm begging everyone to show me why Stafford is worth a first round draft pick.
                          *points to considered*

I'm not saying he's worth it. It's just that people currently have him graded out to be one. I'll agree that he's rather inconsistent (Hi, Kentucky. Hi, South Carolina), but he's turned in some pretty good performances (Hi, Florida).

I think people assume that he's absolute crap to work with, and since he's turned in rather good ratings as a result, he's considered 1st round caliber.
                          - Also known as Dan.
                          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

People are stupid.

He was very consistent against Kentucky and South Carolina. Handing the ball off to Knowshon Moreno takes a lot of work. He was a consistent passer to because he never completes any throws. I think he had 4 INTs against Kentucky in the first half (how did we lose that game?????)

Stafford has a rocket launcher for a right arm. But he doesn't have any accuracy. No leadership. No understanding of an offense. No awareness. Did I mention no accuracy?

He reminds me of Jamarcus Russelll....he just needs to become more accurate. He becomes much more accurate and can prove to me he can read a defense and I'll say he should be a top 5 LOCK.

Comment

People are stupid.

He was very consistent against Kentucky and South Carolina. Handing the ball off to Knowshon Moreno takes a lot of work. He was a consistent passer to because he never completes any throws. I think he had 4 INTs against Kentucky in the first half (how did we lose that game?????)

Stafford has a rocket launcher for a right arm. But he doesn't have any accuracy. No leadership. No understanding of an offense. No awareness. Did I mention no accuracy?

He reminds me of Jamarcus Russelll....he just needs to become more accurate. He becomes much more accurate and can prove to me he can read a defense and I'll say he should be a top 5 LOCK.
                              Stafford only threw 2 INT's at Kentucky. They lost because Woodson spent about the same amount of time in the turf as Colt Brennan did.

Either way, your hypothesis is that SEC quarterbacks get overlooked and thus high schoolers who are going to play QB in the NCAA should shy away from them. JaMarcus Russell, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, and Rex Grossman were all SEC quarterbacks selected in the first round of the NFL draft. Tim Tebow is probably going to join that list, and Matt Stafford has a chance also. I'm not saying all of them are quality/will be quality QB's in the NFL, but they DID get drafted in the first round, and I think that coaches will find enough to like about Tebow and Stafford to at least consider them in the first round. Like you said, Stafford has an artillery piece for a throwing arm, and Tebow has a decent arm combined with excellent mobility.

And don't give me any arguments about "Coaches aren't going to be dumb enough to draft another Alex Smith". This draft just confirmed that the people in Front Offices have had their brains removed and cashews inserted as replacements.
                              - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Working...
                              X