Biggest Draft Snubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
    Steve Johnson was a steel why do you think it took so long for him to get the phone call ?
    Because NFL scouts seriously have no clue what they are doing.

This draft convinced me.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Browns Fans for not getting a CB in the draft....Al Phillips is a guy who I think was over looked because he played in Div III....They know they have a big need there. Now in their defense. they might not have liked the CB at the position they were drafting. I haven't heard of any FA signings from the Browns of yet. I do like the players that they were able to draft, but because they did not adress their biggest needs I can't give PS and the Browns a high grade. WR Paul Hubbard could turn out to be a steel in a couple years when Joe Jurevicius hangs it up.
      Wagner is D1-aa in the NEC, we play them next year.
      Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

Someone should be signing these guys up right away...

DE Darrel Robertson - Georgia Tech (Biggest shock to me.)
        S Jamar Adams - Michigan
        LB J Leman - Illinois
        OG Tyler Polumbus - Colorado

It was good to see someone draft LB Mike Humpal - Iowa.
        sigpic
        WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
        PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
        NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
        Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
        Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
        MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
        PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
        Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
        Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
        ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
        Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
        TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
        InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
        Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
        EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
        EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
        Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
        BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
        Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

was tommy blake drafted, and by who, i missed a big part of the draft today

Comment

whats worse is that colt brennan actually did get drafted.... and these guys did not.

wasn't ali highsmith the guy that ran down mcfadden in the arkansas/lsu game???

and henderson... crazy snub....

Ben Moffitt will be a beast for whoever signs him. He will make a team this year.
            NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
              was tommy blake drafted, and by who, i missed a big part of the draft today
              No.

Some people are confusing snub and steal. I thought Carl Nicks was the biggest steal. I couldn't believe how many teams passed on him. Biggest snub I'd say Woodyard or Robertson.

Comment

Vince Hall and Tommy Blake
                Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
                Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
                Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
                Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
                Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
                Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
                Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
                Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
                  wasn't ali highsmith the guy that ran down mcfadden in the arkansas/lsu game???.
                  That was safety Chad Jones...who looks like a future first round talent in 2010 or 2011.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Browns Fans for not getting a CB in the draft....Al Phillips is a guy who I think was over looked because he played in Div III....They know they have a big need there. Now in their defense. they might not have liked the CB at the position they were drafting. I haven't heard of any FA signings from the Browns of yet. I do like the players that they were able to draft, but because they did not adress their biggest needs I can't give PS and the Browns a high grade. WR Paul Hubbard could turn out to be a steel in a couple years when Joe Jurevicius hangs it up.
                    Browns have signed 4 or 5 guys. Their big UDFA signing was CB Terrell Thomas from Missouri. Joe J is retiring after the season.

My snub...OLB Ezra Butler. How the hell did he fall out?

This draft was suppose to be the best overall draft in history but because of ineptness of GM's (Ex Matt Millen) the draft turned into a scene from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I hope all these snubs find good homes.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

All these guys got snubbed due to all the mind-bogglin reaches that started on day one.

A lot of terrible drafts. I seriously laughed outloud when Tennessee made their pick. Another reach for a RB? HA,HA,HA,HA,HA! Poor VY has no weapons yet again. But I do like the Lavelle Hawkins selection...so hopefully that will work out.

I couldn't believe that Woodyard and Guyton didn't get drafted. Two high motor guys that had good numbers and good workouts.
                      "I love me some me!"

Comment

Erin Henderson, talent regardless of knee issues should have made him get drafted.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Warpig View Post
                          All these guys got snubbed due to all the mind-bogglin reaches that started on day one.

A lot of terrible drafts. I seriously laughed outloud when Tennessee made their pick. Another reach for a RB? HA,HA,HA,HA,HA! Poor VY has no weapons yet again. But I do like the Lavelle Hawkins selection...so hopefully that will work out.

I couldn't believe that Woodyard and Guyton didn't get drafted. Two high motor guys that had good numbers and good workouts.
                          That makes two of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                            Someone should be signing these guys up right away...

DE Darrel Robertson - Georgia Tech (Biggest shock to me.)
                            S Jamar Adams - Michigan
                            LB J Leman - Illinois
                            OG Tyler Polumbus - Colorado

It was good to see someone draft LB Mike Humpal - Iowa.
                            Adams got signed by the Seahawks and Leman by the Vikings, I think.

I agree with you on Humpal, being a Hawkeye fan, it's always good to see Hawkeyes get drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                              That makes two of us.
                              LOL me too... I love seeing teams get ****tier each year... poor vince!
                              NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

I am simply blown away at the fact that Ezra Butler, J Leman, and Erin Henderson all went undrafted, those three guys could be starters for most teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X