2009 Class is stacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Class is stacked

I'm looking ahead to next year's draft class already, and it looks absolutely loaded, especially on linemen and safeties. Every position looks to have a bona fide standout player, maybe even a few. I think it's much better than this year's class. What say the rest of you?
    Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Cullen Harper will be the #1 QB. I think Colt McCoy can regain some of the ground he lost last year. Curtis Painter is an intriguing prospect but I think the offense he runs will hamper his development.

Matt has me pumped up for Michael Oher. I really like Malcolm Jenkins. I don't trust Michael Crabtree at all. Looks like a good class for LBs. Though I look for Laurinaitis to start sliding down draft boards once we get to the pre-draft workouts like the combine.

Comment

Caldwell and Byers will both be stud centers in the NFL. Oher is an amazing prospect, top 5 lock. RB will be deep again.

It also has sexy picks like Tebow (high or low people can't wait to see him drafted) Crabtree, Harvin.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
        Caldwell and Byers will both be stud centers in the NFL. Oher is an amazing prospect, top 5 lock. RB will be deep again.

It also has sexy picks like Tebow (high or low people can't wait to see him drafted) Crabtree, Harvin.
        I think Tebow knows he is a system QB and stays in school. The Draft Advisory Board should shoot him down.

Comment

I only see one elite player in this draft who I will give a 5 star grade in Oher.

I think I am going to give 20-25 players a Top 8 grade (meaning worthy of a top 8 selection...).

I think I am going to give 55-70 players a first round grade.

LOADED

I only gave J. Long, C. Long, Gholston, Ryan (7-8 is top 8 grade), McKelvin, and Dorsey a top 8 grade.

So yeah, next year's class is unreal.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Glad that philly has 2 first round picks in 2009, god that was sweet deal, hopefully carolina BLOWS.
            Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad the Jets already loaded (hopefully depends on performance) up on 09 picks even before the 08 season started.
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                Glad that philly has 2 first round picks in 2009, god that was sweet deal, hopefully carolina BLOWS.
                Yeah but it doesn't really matter imo if you are picking 3rd or 12th at this piont since there is only one elite player in Oher.

Remember, I said 20-25 top 8 prospects. So basiclaly if you are picking in the top 20 you are getting a player who I feel like would go in the top 8 in an average draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Yeah but it doesn't really matter imo if you are picking 3rd or 12th at this piont since there is only one elite player in Oher.

Remember, I said 20-25 top 8 prospects. So basiclaly if you are picking in the top 20 you are getting a player who I feel like would go in the top 8 in an average draft.
                  ya but carolina is retarded

sigpic

Comment

Actually, if the draft talent goes as I project it to be, I'd rahter be picking 16th than 3rd considering the contract money...unless Goodell installs a salary agreement for rookie contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Actually, if the draft talent goes as I project it to be, I'd rahter be picking 16th than 3rd considering the contract money...unless Goodell installs a salary agreement for rookie contracts.
                      they really do need a salary like its getting ridiculous the amount of money these rookies get.(make it like baseball)

I think philly is going to trade one of there first round picks for a wr but will see.

sigpic

Comment

The defense will be loaded, as well as the offensive line. Based on all of the prospects listed here, it looks like the SEC will clean up again during the season.
                        http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=11146567

Comment

Here is my strenght of rating for the first round by position out of 10 (10 being elite):

QB: 3
                          RB: 9
                          WR: 8
                          TE: 5
                          OT: 11
                          OG: 9
                          C: 10
                          DE: 9
                          DT: 8
                          OLB: 3 (forgot about Cushing)
                          ILB: 10
                          CB: 6
                          S: 10

Now when I say 10 for a center, that also has to do with demand. Not very often you get a center like Alex Mack, and since most teams don't need a center, he fits the demand in the first round.

Some for RB. The only first round talents so far imo are Chris Wells, Knowshon Moreno, and Arian Foster, but since RBs are a dime a dozen this is very good talent.

ETC ETC

This draft is amazing. I can't wait to release all my 2009 material. It is certainly worth looking forward to. In late May I will start on my scouting reports.
                          Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-28-2008, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Matt, can you give a teaser on who you think these elite prospects are or is your 09 mock about what your rankings would be?

Comment

it will be similar to my 2009 current mock

but there are MANY new prospects in both the first and second rounds

Also I shuffled up the order some based on the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X