The Next Marques Colston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Marques Colston

I gave Steve Johnson a 2nd round draft grade on film, but I'd thought he would go in the 4th or 5th rounds. Here is some highlights I put together. You tell me if you think this is a 7th round talent or a 2nd round talent.

LSU GAME

Clutch plays: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jm_VPjJV_sk&feature=related

(plays at 1:23, 4:48, 6:32) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MhoCu28Uys&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D-VzpS41y0I
    That sluggo route he ran at 3:07 was beautiful.

OUTSTANDING BALL SKILLS

FLORIDA STATE GAME

Some amazing SJ plays at 2:48, WATCH THE PURE SPEED YAC AT 5:35

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wTSX9xwg2s&feature=related

KENT STATE GAME

Just showing why I love his YAC potential in the NFL. Look at the tackle he breaks after the catch, then a sick juke. After the juke, notice the instant acceleration that you saw in the play I showed vs. FSU. 7th round draft pick? WOW

1:39-2:22

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2vfJg3kIlBg
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I took Steve Johnson in our first Forum Mock in December and hoped that if the Browns took a reciever they would take him. He will be a great reciever that I do not doubt. He is second round no doubt.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Marcus Monk = next Marques Colston

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

Three really good prospect WRs drafted in the 7th: Steve Johnson, Marcus Monk and Adrian Arrington. At least one will be a star.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

umm walter you "f**got" you forgot to mention brett swain, obviously the next star player in the league.

Comment

i couldnt believe my eyes when i got out of work and saw the Bills took Johnson in the 7th. He can come in and be the third wide receiver, making Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish useless.

Comment

I agree with you Matt but after watching these videos, I'm almost more impressed with Andre Woodson
              Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                I agree with you Matt but after watching these videos, I'm almost more impressed with Andre Woodson
                You mean after actually watching him play you are more impressed? WOW

Comment

Matt, you're such a homer. I'm not saying you're wrong in this, but is it co-incidence that you're favourite QB is Woodson, that Tamme has "the best hands in the draft" and that Johnson is the next Colston? I seem to remember you accusing perjoratively Mayock of being a total BC homer when he had Ryan at number 1 (not far off actually).

Maybe it's time to get of the Wildcats bus next season for a little more cred.

Comment

Hey man. Watch the ****ing tape and tell me he is not a football player.

When I am right about all of them, you are going to be sucking my balls for years.

Comment

Jimmy you are wrong there. I watched a lot of tape on Johnson and Woodson before our first forum mock draft. They are as good as Matt says they are. You need to watch them some dude.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Hey man. Read my ****ing post next time.

If you want to be taken seriously as a draft analyst you just can't bring up guys from your own school all the time, no matter how good you think they are, or how good they actually are. If you do, you will be labeled as such and may start to get called an SEC analyst or worse.

I guess you watch every Kentucky game so you have more opportunity to see positives in their players but still you need to stop giving this impression of seeing the world through blue-tinted glasses.

Then there's this thing about saying the KEN guys were drafted too low. I know you had these guys higher, hell you draft Johnson wwaaayyy higher in our forum mock. It's like you have to validate your opinions of them all over again, something that's been done ad nauseam since about December.

Comment

Hey I can bring up guys from my school if they are good. I wasn't talking about Rafael Little being drafted.

Kentucky is a team with some talent on the rise. Just look around at some players on this team and in a few years you are going to see I have every clue what I am talking about.

I will be taken very seriously as a draft analysis when you see how accurate my evaluations have been 3 years from now.

We are talking about a team that beat LSU. We are talking about a team that was ranked in the top ten last year. They won a lot of big games. This isn't Tim Couch and Craig Yeast. This is Andre Woodson and Steve Johnson, and they will be very good players in the league.
                          Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                            Jimmy you are wrong there. I watched a lot of tape on Johnson and Woodson before our first forum mock draft. They are as good as Matt says they are. You need to watch them some dude.
                            JP I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying Matt needs to stops crowing about his in-state guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                              Hey man. Read my ****ing post next time.

If you want to be taken seriously as a draft analyst you just can't bring up guys from your own school all the time, no matter how good you think they are, or how good they actually are. If you do, you will be labeled as such and may start to get called an SEC analyst or worse.

I guess you watch every Kentucky game so you have more opportunity to see positives in their players but still you need to stop giving this impression of seeing the world through blue-tinted glasses.

Then there's this thing about saying the KEN guys were drafted too low. I know you had these guys higher, hell you draft Johnson wwaaayyy higher in our forum mock. It's like you have to validate your opinions of them all over again, something that's been done ad nauseam since about December.
                              If people like you would quit calling Matt a homer then he may not feel like he needs to back up his analysis so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X