My Local Sports Radio calls Walt out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Local Sports Radio calls Walt out

So I'm driving home from class and I tuned into my local sports radio station WGR 550 here in Buffalo. The afternoon host, Mike Schoop (Sh/oop), says he googled 2005 draft grades and got Walterfootball.com as the first link.

He then spends the next 20 minutes or so just ripping on you Walt for the things you wrote about the 2005 draft. He says things like "With this kind of idiotic writing about the draft, it's no wonder people think they know everything." He especially mocked your writing about the Bills best pick being G Justin Geisinger and he really ranted about your writing on the Seahawks drafting Lofa Tatupu.

I called into the station to tell him how stupid he was but they never put me on. Maybe I'll try later in the day and call back, because this guy is such an idiot and it needs to be known.

Originally posted by LovemyBills View Post
    So I'm driving home from class and I tuned into my local sports radio station WGR 550 here in Buffalo. The afternoon host, Mike Schoop (Sh/oop), says he googled 2005 draft grades and got Walterfootball.com as the first link.

He then spends the next 20 minutes or so just ripping on you Walt for the things you wrote about the 2005 draft. He says things like "With this kind of idiotic writing about the draft, it's no wonder people think they know everything." He especially mocked your writing about the Bills best pick being G Justin Geisinger and he really ranted about your writing on the Seahawks drafting Lofa Tatupu.

I called into the station to tell him how stupid he was but they never put me on. Maybe I'll try later in the day and call back, because this guy is such an idiot and it needs to be known.
    It's easy to critique 4 year old draft grade. A perfect example is Seattle was laughed at for trading up for Tatupu. It was considered a bad pick at the time, but Tatupu worked well. To critique a 4 year old article is idiotic.

Comment

lol, I listen to that (WGR550) sometimes from my computer. They love hockey all they talk about for most part.

Comment

lol hey walter no publicity is bad publicity.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Yea. At least your name is over the airwaves. Now more people will come check out the site.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

"Good Moves: Buffalo's best and only good draft choice was their sixth-round pick, G Justin Geisinger. Maybe the Bills just got lucky.
            Bad Moves: Wide receiver Roscoe Parrish is a decent player, but wide out was not a pressing need. Tight end Kevin Everett has character issues. Buffalo did not address their offensive line until the sixth round, and they did not take care of their need for a defensive tackle. What are the Bills doing?
            Potential 2005 Starters: TE Kevin Everett, G Justin Geisinger. "

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2005G.php

Comment

Doesn't look like a bad analysis for the Bills. It's a compliment they cared enough to mention your site out of all the others. He could have mentioned Kiper's draft grades, but he picked yours instead. Nice!
              Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                "Good Moves: Buffalo's best and only good draft choice was their sixth-round pick, G Justin Geisinger. Maybe the Bills just got lucky.
                Bad Moves: Wide receiver Roscoe Parrish is a decent player, but wide out was not a pressing need. Tight end Kevin Everett has character issues. Buffalo did not address their offensive line until the sixth round, and they did not take care of their need for a defensive tackle. What are the Bills doing?
                Potential 2005 Starters: TE Kevin Everett, G Justin Geisinger. "

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2005G.php
                Don't agree with this. Parrish is a good slot and PR. : )

"Tight end Kevin Everett has character issues"

Did he really? I don't remember but it was 3 years ago so.

Comment

give me a break.... anyone who does draft grades is going to be wrong about things....
                  NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

I said it before, I did some homework on Walters credibility and he's right about 3:1. I think that's really impressive.

There will be something on this coming up now that the draft is over.

Comment

Yeah, the Seahawks got laughed at at the time... They made the right move, but no one agreed with it.

I guess I have to send them a thank you e-mail for mentioning the site lol. Anyone have their e-mail address?
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Never mind, found it
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

My e-mail to Mike Schoop:

Mike,

Someone told me you mentioned my Web site on the radio the other day. I want to thank you for doing so.

As you can imagine, I've received quite a few e-mails about the grade I gave to the Seahawks. The grade I gave them was done three years ago, so I could have deleted the page or changed it. But I kept it because no one is infallible. That's why you always see top-five draft busts. Even the guys who are getting paid the big bucks don't know what they're doing all the time.

The Seahawks made a great pick with Tatupu, but at the time, they were laughed at. Everyone thought Tatupu was a reach, as he was slated as a fourth-round prospect. I give Seattle credit all the time for making the right decision.

As for the Bills grade, Justin Geisinger didn't amount to much, but he was solid value back then. The fact that he's still in the league as a sixth-rounder means he wasn't a complete bust. And I don't think I was off on Roscoe Parrish and Kevin Everett. The latter did have character issues at the time, and the former just got arrested for a DUI ironically.

Once again, I want to thank you for mentioning my Web site. Even though you disagree with my content, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Walt
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

No he'll be mad because you were polite and he can't hate you.

Comment

True, I guess it's a good thing I can't really get pissed off lol
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X