First Step towards Playoff in NCAAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Step towards Playoff in NCAAF

Check out this article... Maybe in a few years, those of you looking for a change in the BCS will get their wish

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

16 teams sounds about right to me.

Comment

16 teams is WAY too much. 4 is the perfect number. Also, get rid of conference championships. First round games are played at home by highest seed and they can't be a conference matchup (like P10 vs. P10 or SEC vs. SEC)
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        16 teams is WAY too much. 4 is the perfect number. Also, get rid of conference championships. First round games are played at home by highest seed and they can't be a conference matchup (like P10 vs. P10 or SEC vs. SEC)
        I agree that there is no need for conference championships, but I still think 16 is the correct number. Too many teams get screwed if only 4 allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          Too many teams get screwed if only 4 allowed in.
          Okay Puppy, this is just basic theory, and I'm not saying you're wrong I just want you to see my side of things.

Every year teams in the NCAA BB tournament get snubbed. But let's just be honest, those teams had no chance of winning the ship.

The goal of a tournament is to determine a champion. Not to determine who gets snubbed.

In every tournament, someone gets snubbed. I just think having a 4 team tournament makes the playoffs one week shorter, and that is very beneficial imo.

Comment

Okay Puppy, this is just basic theory, and I'm not saying you're wrong I just want you to see my side of things.

Every year teams in the NCAA BB tournament get snubbed. But let's just be honest, those teams had no chance of winning the ship.

The goal of a tournament is to determine a champion. Not to determine who gets snubbed.

In every tournament, someone gets snubbed. I just think having a 4 team tournament makes the playoffs one week shorter, and that is very beneficial imo.
            What I like about the 10-16 seeds is that when they upset the higher seeds I feel like the tournament champion is a lot purer. I want my champion to be battle tested and I want there to be no doubt in my mind that they were the best team. Conneticut had a lot of favorable matchups throughout their region and might have advanced very deep.

Comment

Yes but you get battle tested during the regular season.

I hardly call a 1 seed having to play (at worst) 2 and 3 seeds not being battle tested.

Lol but a 1 seed playing a 16 seed? Now that is battle tested lol.

Comment

Yes, UNC vs. Coppin State isn't a great game but Ohio State vs. BYU might not be so bad.

This is why I don't like basketball. I hate the idea of having one good player carry you on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                  Ohio State vs. BYU might not be so bad.
                  Are you serious?

Oh yeah, like Georgia vs. Hawaii last year (before the game) ... I thought it was the most intriguing football game of the year (college and pro) and that put the WAC (and other wannabe conferences) in its place.

Comment

Are you serious?

Oh yeah, like Georgia vs. Hawaii last year (before the game) ... I thought it was the most intriguing football game of the year (college and pro) and that put the WAC (and other wannabe conferences) in its place.
                    God dammit, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. At the very least, BYU is everyone's favorite to crash the BCS.

Comment

No I seriously wanted to see UGA vs. Hawaii, but I thought Georgia was going to kill Hawaii.

BYU's defense is below average, like Hawaii. Therefore, they are very overrated.

Comment

Matt, I think we should have 256 teams. Only that will be fair.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Who needs a regular season or conferences? Just throw every team in a playoff!!!!!

Comment

Who needs a regular season or conferences? Just throw every team in a playoff!!!!!
                            Not a bad idea... not a bad idea at all.

Comment

I was being seriously sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X