Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DROY and OROY

Call it.

DROY- I want to say Chris Long because I think he gets 6 sacks against the 49ers at the very least, but I'll go with Curtis Lofton because this award seems to cater to LBs who are tackling machines.

OROY- I am going to go with Jonathon Stewart because his offensive line isn't actually that bad now that they have added Otah.

OROY - I'm going to go with Matt Ryan because I think he'll be the day 1 starter and they love to give this award to highly picked QBs who don't deserve it.

DROY - I'm going to go out on the limb and say Antwuan Moulden. He'll be on the field a lot and should see a lot of balls thrown his way. With the Texans D-line next year I'm expecting to see some hurried throws get picked.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
      OROY - I'm going to go with Matt Ryan because I think he'll be the day 1 starter and they love to give this award to highly picked QBs who don't deserve it.

DROY - I'm going to go out on the limb and say Antwuan Moulden. He'll be on the field a lot and should see a lot of balls thrown his way. With the Texans D-line next year I'm expecting to see some hurried throws get picked.
      I think it's become virtually impossible for DBs to win it.

2004- Dunta Robinson doesn't win it with 87 tackles, 6 INTs, 3 sacks, couple fumbles

2005- Bad year for Defensive Rookies in general. But Kerry Rhodes was very solid and had stats similar to Lofa Tatupu

2006- 5th round pick Dawan Landry barely gets any votes after getting 5 picks on the #1 defense in the NFL.

2007- Leon Hall and Reggie Nelson both get 5 picks. Tanard Jackson and LaRon Landry deliver memorable hits every game they start in. None of these guys gets a vote.

I think Antwuan Molden will need to have 100 tackles, 4 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 3 touchdowns to stand a chance against the newest rookie MLB to lead the league in tackles.

Comment

Picking a QB to win ROY for the Falcons is insane. Roethlisberger did it on a very good OL and with Bettis, Parker, and Hines Ward (not sure if Heath Miller was on the team in 2004).

Ryan has no talent on his offensive line really. He's going to get killed.

OROY: DeSean Jackson
        DROY: Keith Rivers
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I think Molden will also have to save a kitten from a burning apartment complex to get votes.

DROY - Chris Long. I know there's a love affair with MLB's for these awards, but Chris Long should put up at least 8 sacks. Consider that he's in a division with a Mike Martz offense.

OROY - Hard to say. I'll give a shocker here. Andre Caldwell. I expect him to be the #2 guy by the start of the season over Jerome Simpson, who won't be able to adjust to the NFL in his first season. Caldwell will have Carson Palmer throwing to him, and Palmer is protected by an offensive line that excels in pass protection.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

2004 - Vilma had 107 tackles, 3 INTs, 2 sacks, and a TD. It's close.

2005 - Shawne Merriman got it it, not Lofa Tatupu and he deserved it.

2006 - Demeco Ryans had 125 Solo tackles and 155 total. plus 3.5 sacks and an INT. I think they got it right that year

2007 - Dude you know Patrick Willis went into beast mode all season.

2008 - I don't see any dominant LB who could get it. Mayo has to much talent around him to stand out, Rivers has a real tough schedule, and no help at al around him. I don't think a LB will get it this year, but you're right, they're much more likely to win the award.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Picking a QB to win ROY for the Falcons is insane. Roethlisberger did it on a very good OL and with Bettis, Parker, and Hines Ward (not sure if Heath Miller was on the team in 2004).

Ryan has no talent on his offensive line really. He's going to get killed.

OROY: DeSean Jackson
              DROY: Keith Rivers
              Ya but my logic was that they love to give it to high picked QBs. Vince Young won it only starting half the season and not really having good stats. Whenever a high pick makes a good play it's ten times better in the media than when I 5th rounder makes the same play.

WRs don't really have big rookie years, and even when they do Colston couldn't win the award. Jackson is a great return man too, but if Hester breaks 2 NFL records and doesn't get it then Jackson won't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                I think Molden will also have to save a kitten from a burning apartment complex to get votes.

DROY - Chris Long. I know there's a love affair with MLB's for these awards, but Chris Long should put up at least 8 sacks. Consider that he's in a division with a Mike Martz offense.

OROY - Hard to say. I'll give a shocker here. Andre Caldwell. I expect him to be the #2 guy by the start of the season over Jerome Simpson, who won't be able to adjust to the NFL in his first season. Caldwell will have Carson Palmer throwing to him, and Palmer is protected by an offensive line that excels in pass protection.
                WR is the CB of OROY.

2004- Michael Clayton has 80 catches for 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns. Roethlisberger wins it by being surrounded by elite talent even though Clayton's were on par with Chad Johnson and Isaac Bruce's.

2005- Let's pretend this year didn't happen.

2006- Marques Colston ends up with 70 catches for about 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns despite missing significant time. Vince Young wins it though, and it was tough to argue with that. I still think Joseph Addai got more votes though.

2007- Dwayne Bowe has 70 catches for 995 yards and 5 touchdowns. Adrian Peterson runs away with the title despite having one of the premier lines in all of the league. Dwayne Bowe has Damon Huard and Brodie Croyle throwing the ball his way. He doesn't get a single vote.

Andre Caldwell would have to catch 90 passes, 1400 yards, 10 touchdowns to stand a chance against the rookie running back who rushes for over 1000 yards. Besides, Florida WRs are all flash anyways.

Comment

2005- Let's pretend this year didn't happen.
                  I think they got it right all those years except Vince Young. I would have gave it to Hester. Vince Young did well, but Hester changed the game.

Comment

2004 - Vilma had 107 tackles, 3 INTs, 2 sacks, and a TD. It's close.

2005 - Shawne Merriman got it it, not Lofa Tatupu and he deserved it.

2006 - Demeco Ryans had 125 Solo tackles and 155 total. plus 3.5 sacks and an INT. I think they got it right that year

2007 - Dude you know Patrick Willis went into beast mode all season.

2008 - I don't see any dominant LB who could get it. Mayo has to much talent around him to stand out, Rivers has a real tough schedule, and no help at al around him. I don't think a LB will get it this year, but you're right, they're much more likely to win the award.
                    2004- It really shouldn't be. When you consider how tough it is to make an impact at DB. It's much easier learning curb for a LB.

2005- I don't even acknowledge juicers.

2006- I don't think he should have gotten 7 times the votes though.

2007- I'm already sick of Patrick Willis. David Harris gets three times the tackles Patrick Willis gets one week and Patrick Willis still gets 3 times the votes that week on the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week award.

David Harris just flat out made plays every week when he took over for Vilma.

Comment

I can't see a QB winning it this year. Matt Ryan will put up terrible numbers. Joe Flacco might only play five or six games. Chad Henne will do worse than Matt Ryan. Brian Brohm won't see the field unless Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury. None of the other QB's will start.

All of the major RB's this season are probably going to be in thunder/lightning duos, reducing their numbers. Kevin Smith might have the most yards of any rookie back this year, due to having no supporting RB's.

I think WR's could win it just because of the lack of candidates in QB and RB, the traditional winners. And Andre Caldwell has the best shot of both a starting job and production out of them.
                      - Also known as Dan.
                      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I think they got it right all those years except Vince Young. I would have gave it to Hester. Vince Young did well, but Hester changed the game.
                        Problem: Hester plays Special Teams. There is no STROY.
                        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

The favorites

DROY -- Sedrick Ellis

OROY -- Jonathan Stewart

Sleepers, kind of

DROY -- Dan Connor, Trevor Laws

OROY -- Andre Caldwell, John Carlson
                          My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                            Problem: Hester plays Special Teams. There is no STROY.
                            I'm not going to clamor for one any time soon either.

Comment

DROY- Keith Rivers
                              OROY- Rashard Mendenhall

Comment

Working...
                              X