Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at the 2008 NFL Draft

I was at the DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!
    The draft was an amazing expierience. This is a guide to anyone that plans on going next year.

First off if you get a hotel get the hilton NY which is two blocks away from radio city music hall. Secondly if its your first time going you will have to spend the night on friday to get tickets for DAY 1. You need to get in line anywhere from 9pm to 4:30 am. Some good restaraunts to eat at near the hilton NY are:
    -Astros: Greatest Breakfast You will have in yor life.
    -Famiglia: Great Pizza, Mozz balls and Calzones
    -Majestic Deli: Good subs(a lot of meat), Bad canoli's, great panini's
    When you get into the draft it has free wifi, also they give you giftbags. They include:
    -Draft Bookbag
    -Personal Radio to listen to anylasis
    -Pack of Football Cards
    -DVD
    -Stress football
    -Stickers
    Also when you get in hide snacks in your carry on because the concessions in radio city are gross and expensive. If you get in day one you automatically get in day 2. If you sit on the first mezzamazine you get to talk to the ESPN/NFLN Anylasists.

This my expierience:
    When we flew to NYC on USAirways it was a nice flight and we took a shuttle to the hilton NY(i would not advise a shuttle). The shuttle took about 45 minutes and was very crowded. When we got to the hotel me and my dad went walking to radio city(2 blocks from hilton NY). We were very supprised to see people camping out since we read that you were not allowed to. So my dad spent the night in line on the street. The next day i got in line with my dad and everyone in line booed any patriot fan, even a little kid and his mom. When we got tickets we went to astros for breakfast and i had the best breakfast of my life, I has a suasage egg and cheese bagel. A little while after me and my dad went to fan central and met rodger goodell and got in line to get any auto from kerry rhodes and leon washington but it took for ever so we got out of line. Once we went into radio city it was AMAZING!!!!!! The fans were awesome and there was just a great exciting experienece.Day 1 goes by pretty fast and it was very fun, I was on the third mezzamezine.
    On day 2 I was on the first mezzamezine and it was the best. We (fans, me, dad)chatted with the ESPN analysts yelled at this girl every time she gave the analysts papers, we chanted "paper girl, paper girl" every time we did that she got an ego trip and blew the fans a kiss. Durring commercial breaks jaws ate 3 pieces of cheesecake and ate a HUGE sub!! Also Caleb Campbell was at the draft and gave almost everyone autos including me. We stayed the whole day two and if you do you get tickets for next years first day and youll never have to wait in line again.
    Yesterday I went site seeing to a couple of places that include:
    -Lady Liberty
    -Ellis Island
    -World Trade Center
    -St.Paul Church: It is the church near WTC and didnt get
    damaged at all. "The Wall" of peoples bears
    and gifts to the lost people of WTC is torn
    down which is very very sad. Also NYC painted
    over the signatures of the people who signed
    another wall.

Also My plane got delayed about 5 times and I got home today at 3 in the morning so thats why im not at school
    Last edited by bulldog0123; 04-29-2008, 10:53 AM.

Hey Bulldog, what time did you get on line to get in. I'm thinking of going next year, if it's still at Radio City. I live in New York, so I can go whenever I have to. I just want to get there early enough. Thanks

Comment

My dad spent the night but we were on of the first 250. HE got there at 10pm. If you get there any later than 5am you will be in a mad rush to get in. The back of the line was a stampede but as i said me and my dad were probable in the first 250

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I'll show up the night before and hang out.

Comment

Im serious about Astros it was the most amazing breakfast Ive ever had!!!!!!!
          Last edited by bulldog0123; 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

How'd the WTC look when you visited?

Comment

good advice bulldog. Maybe next year for me...

Walterfootball.com live from the draft in 09 anyone?
              Bulldog already said Free WiFi Walt and Matt can blog from there.
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Going to the draft is my dream.

I got offered to cover the senior bowl (fully paid) by a website (not draft related), but unfortunately I will likely be in school and I MUST get my degree. It's a great opportunity I will likely have to pass up.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

You can't take a week off from classes for the senior bowl?
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Thanks for the info Bulldog I always wanted to go to the draft in person. Would be pretty awesome to camp out overnight and watch the Eagles draft horribly in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                      You can't take a week off from classes for the senior bowl?
                      yeah, lame.

Comment

It's kinda hard to. A week is a big deal...I'll definately consider it. I would love to, just not sure I can.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                          How'd the WTC look when you visited?
                          it was sad, very sad because "the wall" , the signatures and all of the gifts to the lost people were taken away. They plan to put the stuff in the WTC mueseum. Heres a picture of what it will look like

Also I may be able to post pictures of chris long and jake long after we develope the pics

Comment

wow... that is awesome man!!!1

i love the line about jaws eating all the cheesecakes hahaha
                            NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Im not kidding
                              He ate:
                              -3 pieces of cheesecake
                              -1 Huge Sub
                              -Frappachino

Comment

Working...
                              X