Chris Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Baker

Anyone know what the Jets are planning on doing with Chris Baker. I know he is very upset as he is now the 3rd highest paid TE on the Jets and is the starter (as far as I know). I can definately see him holding out. Any opinions? or has anyone heard anything? Maybe trying to deal him?

Hey you're talking my language now. Yea Baker is steaming I don't know what the Jets were planning on doing with him. I personally think he is underrated and I'm not trying to be a homer. He has very soft hands and has made tons of great catches since he has been in the league. See the 1 handed catch vs the Browns at the end of regulation in 06 that never counted (but should have).

It's a shame really out of all the TE now on the Jets he is the most well rounded. They just have an influx of them atm. I hope he stays on the team but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up with a Pete Kendall situation. Even though the front office caved in to Coles contract demands.

They should have some extra cap room now after getting Dewayne Robertson's 8 million for 08 off the books so hey maybe they renogogiate his contract. Maybe he gets traded for a 4th rounder only time will tell.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Think Baker is definately an asset to the team. Honestly, how can we expect him not to be upset? He's our starting tight end making the third most this year out of our tight ends. Has made some great plays over the years and think he will be a red zone threat this year. Think we need to throw him some cash, especially with the big spending offseason we've had, which essentially showed him we're not scared to spend. Think we either need to rework his deal or dish him, not keep him and have him be pissy.

Comment

I always wondered why they never used him more, especially in the offense they were running. You could definitley see the potential. Keller seems like a guy where you can use both of them but it doesn't look good right now.

Comment

He'll be here next year. Keller was brought in to be a Red Zone threat. Baker is the more complete TE. Expect Keller to line up in the slot a lot and seem more like a #3 WR.

Comment

Originally posted by jetfan66 View Post
            He'll be here next year. Keller was brought in to be a Red Zone threat. Baker is the more complete TE. Expect Keller to line up in the slot a lot and seem more like a #3 WR.
            He's 6'2". I don't know why he'd excel in the red zone.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
              He's 6'2". I don't know why he'd excel in the red zone.
              Yea I'm not sure why either. THat's why they brought in Bubba Franks. Keller is more of a Dallas Clark type TE who they will try to use to split the D up the middle of the field.
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

they're gonna pull a Pete Kendall with him.
                NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Probably. Baker sucks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X