Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it just me or does...

    Is is just me and my dad or does joe flacco throw the ball a lot like peyton manning?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVIgY...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxW_RdJjtos

  • #2
    God, I hope so.

    Comment


    • #3
      Flacco = Andrew Walter

      After watching film and the passing drills at the Combine this weekend, one NFL QBs coach compared Joe Flacco to John Navarre and Andrew Walter.

      "He’s a big, tall, long release guy," the QBs coach said. "Fundamentally he’s pretty good. But I watched him take about a million sacks on tape. He couldn't move around. What’s going to happen in the NFL? Just like...Andrew Walter. He's going to be out of the league in another year. Do you want him?"
      Source: Chicago Sun Times

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
        God, I hope so.
        What would you want the ravens to do if Troy Smith or Kyle Boller pulled a Derek Anderson? Flacco as trade bait, or still QB of the future?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
          What would you want the ravens to do if Troy Smith or Kyle Boller pulled a Derek Anderson? Flacco as trade bait, or still QB of the future?
          I think Kyle Boller is done. He'll do well in our Monday Night Game but that's about it. I could see Troy Smith managing the game well enough to take us to the playoffs. But that's completely different from what Derek Anderson did.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
            What would you want the ravens to do if Troy Smith or Kyle Boller pulled a Derek Anderson? Flacco as trade bait, or still QB of the future?
            Flacco isn't the same prospect as Quinn. He'll need to play some and prove himself before he could be used as "bait" because otherwise his stock will never be higher than it is right now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
              I think Kyle Boller is done. He'll do well in our Monday Night Game but that's about it. I could see Troy Smith managing the game well enough to take us to the playoffs. But that's completely different from what Derek Anderson did.
              Well, I didn't mean what he specifically did. I meant shock everybody and be a pretty good QB until that game against Cincy. I mean, the stage is set. AFC North team trades up to grab rookie QB while two veterans battle through camp to claim starting job. But, I wouldn't be shocked if they just went ahead and gave the reigns to Flacco.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
                Well, I didn't mean what he specifically did. I meant shock everybody and be a pretty good QB until that game against Cincy. I mean, the stage is set. AFC North team trades up to grab rookie QB while two veterans battle through camp to claim starting job. But, I wouldn't be shocked if they just went ahead and gave the reigns to Flacco.
                Ok, I see what you mean. But, Troy Smith doesn't have Braylon Edwards to throw to. Joe Thomas isn't protecting his blind side (even though I do like our offensive line on paper). So it's unlikely he could put up those gaudy numbers. He could easily win games for us, by leaning on the defense and not turning the ball over.

                Handing it over to Flacco isn't the greatest idea in my opinion. I'd rather wait a year when I feel like we could have a superb offensive line. Hopefully by then the tools will be in place to make him feel comfortable and develop him into a Pro-Bowl caliber QB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I agree with Puppy. Troy Smith is a serviceable starting QB, and he's in an offense that won't require him to win games for him. Ray Rice and Willis McGahee is a scary duo: each can take 20 carries a game.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Ravens' coaching staff and front office are so ****ing incompetent, I can't stand it anymore. You would think that, after perennial quarterback disasters, someone would realize that the key to developing an offense is an OFFENSIVE LINE. It doesn't matter if they put ****ing Johnny Unitas under center, he will still get sacked just like the deplorable Kyle Boller. Additionally, I don't expect anything out of Flacco, he is too big and too slow to have any success with the Ravens' offensive line, and therefore will most likely find himself in a situation very similar to Boller. In all honesty, if I was Flacco, I would refuse to play for the Ravens... they are a quarterback's worst nightmare AND they will trade you if you win the superbowl.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phil View Post
                      The Ravens' coaching staff and front office are so ****ing incompetent, I can't stand it anymore. You would think that, after perennial quarterback disasters, someone would realize that the key to developing an offense is an OFFENSIVE LINE. It doesn't matter if they put ****ing Johnny Unitas under center, he will still get sacked just like the deplorable Kyle Boller. Additionally, I don't expect anything out of Flacco, he is too big and too slow to have any success with the Ravens' offensive line, and therefore will most likely find himself in a situation very similar to Boller. In all honesty, if I was Flacco, I would refuse to play for the Ravens... they are a quarterback's worst nightmare AND they will trade you if you win the superbowl.
                      You've got to be kidding me...

                      Two years ago they were second in the league with only 16 QB sacks given up. They lost some good O-linemen and then drafted 3 promising ones. They didn't produce as well as the year before because they were rookies. You make it sound like they shrugged their shoulders when Pashos and Muliato left.

                      Jared Gaither is a very athletic LT who excels at pass-blocking but is raw at run-blocking.

                      Jason Brown showed up on numerous All-Pro teams last year. And he talks like Christopher Walken. Pretty kickass G all around.

                      It looks like the staff is going the Chris Chester route at Center. He's very athletic and has made a conscious effort to bulk up for the second year in a row. Moving Jason Brown here is also an option.

                      We got Ben Grubbs. We used a first round pick on him last year. Yeah, we really don't take care of our QBs when we use high picks on guards.

                      Marshal Yanda was a very nice surprise last year. He's an absolute mauler.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Either way, I'm not expecting a lot from Flacco until 2010. Hopefully Baltimore drafts some quality receivers in 2009, and by then, Flacco will be used to NFL speed and those receivers will have learned the playbook. Sorry, but Marcus Smith and Justin Harper do not look like quality starters to me.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                          Either way, I'm not expecting a lot from Flacco until 2010. Hopefully Baltimore drafts some quality receivers in 2009, and by then, Flacco will be used to NFL speed and those receivers will have learned the playbook. Sorry, but Marcus Smith and Justin Harper do not look like quality starters to me.
                          Demetrius Williams breaks out next year. Write that down.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Joe Flacco=Derek Anderson. Its just me though

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
                              I think Joe Flacco=Derek Anderson. Its just me though
                              No, that's probably a fair comparison.

                              I like to think Roethlisberger with better pocket presence though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X